species1571

Carrier Command 2 announced.

Carrier Command 2 has been announced by Microprose. Steam shows a release date of 1st April 2021. Graphics look a bit basic compared to CCGM, but will be interesting to see how it plays.

• Like 2

Carrier Command 2 looks like it can be a decent game and I'm interested in it, but I was rather unimpressed by the graphics. They aren't terrible, but I thought that the graphics in a new game would be better. I also want to find out more about the gameplay to see how it compares to CCGM.

This is effin great!

If they would've added a bit more depth to the first one, it would have been a really great game!

I came across the news yesterday that CC2 was almost released. So, it looks like Microprose has made Carrier Command 2 in the awesome Vintage Retro looks that it deserves reminiscent of the first one. Blocky and Retro is making a comeback and you can see it in some very good games, e.g. Hardspace: Shipbreaker. It gives the right games the military 'simulation' feel of the cold war. Great !

It also has a very distinct Homeworld Deserts Of Kharak feel to it; which I can only applaud. With Microprose at the helm, I don't think we should worry about getting a bad game. This is not EA nor Disney.

As an extra plus, It will probably run on any toaster that is also 4 to 5 years old as well and will not take half a day to download. The only thing I do hope for, is that it is moddable including mesh, texture and scripting wise.

Hello Species1571  🖖

On 2/19/2021 at 9:22 AM, d3rt13n said:

I came across the news yesterday that CC2 was almost released. So, it looks like Microprose has made Carrier Command 2 in the awesome Vintage Retro looks that it deserves reminiscent of the first one. Blocky and Retro is making a comeback and you can see it in some very good games, e.g. Hardspace: Shipbreaker. It gives the right games the military 'simulation' feel of the cold war. Great !

It also has a very distinct Homeworld Deserts Of Kharak feel to it; which I can only applaud. With Microprose at the helm, I don't think we should worry about getting a bad game. This is not EA nor Disney.

As an extra plus, It will probably run on any toaster that is also 4 to 5 years old as well and will not take half a day to download. The only thing I do hope for, is that it is moddable including mesh, texture and scripting wise.

Hello Species1571  🖖

Hi.

Remember that this is not the same MicroProse that went defunct many years ago, just a re-launching of the brand through transfer of IP rights. Also, MicroProse is the publisher, not the developer. I did see the developer name somewhere and couldn't find any information to suggest they had released anything before. Still, I am hopeful this game will be decent.