GrigorisN

Arma 3-style Desert Combat

Hi

This is my first post because I was forced to make an account and ask here what do I need to do in order to make my map work as it supposed to be.

This may be seem as me being lasy to do research but it's more of me not having enough IQ at this to pull this off perfectly or simply making this work.

For those that may not know, Desert Combat is a mod created for Battlefield 1942 that introduced modern weapons and vehicles by replacing the original WW2 weapons/classes and vehicles the game had when played with bots or not.

Now the features I need to replicate in Arma 3:

Map based:

Spoiler

-Initial Spawn zone (done)

-Capture zones (completed as Sectors)

-Have multiple classes that can be changed in Respawn Screen

-Start the map in the Respawn Screen for multiple reasons, like selecting your first Spawn Location, meaning, without having to die first to do so, and/or select your class (done)

-No stamina (done)

-Neutral Vehicles with their respawn time at their original locations when destroyed (done)

-When first captured a sector will spawn specific empty vehicles/containers with and without ammo at specific locations as well as respawning them when destroyed.*

-When a sector changes owner the vehicles that should spawn in that sector will change to the vehicles of the new owner.**

-Infantry respawn points owners change when the owner of the sector changes.

-Containers with certain types of infinite ammo spawned when a sector is captured at certain locations.

-Containers that can restore the ammo of a vehicle.

-A large amount of tickets visible on the screen. For every sector owned - 1 (the spawn) the side who has the least sectors under control will start losing tickets based on an algorithm or something

AI Based:

Spoiler

-AI selects a loadout and spawns/respawns at an already captured location

-AI targets uncaptured sectors to capture and when done moves on the next closest. The "when done moves on the next closest" means the AI will randomly select a closer sector but will not bypass an uncaptured one and move to capture one in a longer distance.

-AI will know how to occupy a deserted/empty vehicle and use it for any purpose, such as simply traveling and fighting.

-AI can be reckless. Meaning it won't back off from an overwhelmingly disadvandangeous engagement, even if it means its death.

-AI can be stupid, or smart depending on the situation. For example AI wont leave a fully armed armored vehicle because its immobile, unless it's far from the closest engagement.

-AI must use their ammo on them and replenish it near an ammo box that has certain ammo (optional only to improve realism).

-AI can execute basic orders like artillery fire on selected location.

-AI can order advanced orders like artillery locations to whoever listening (Side Channel).

-AI will occupy stationary weapons in a captured sector to defend and will not leave.

-The AI bot number should be high as I have Stratis as my template for this madness.

Advanced and probably unnecessary features:

-Instead of individually selecting the ammo you want to get from an ammo box, a default option in the interactions menu restores your class inventory completely, instantly or not, to avoid change the original loadout in any way.

-Like above the loadout of a dead to be taken and replace yours with a default option in the interaction menu.

*The empty containers are basically for preperation purposes, storing items so you won't have to return to the ammobox that might be far away from that location. It's completely optional and can be easily discarded as an option.

**My initial thought is to add both side's vehicles (obviously in different locations) in the sectors and once the map starts it removes them silently. When the sector gets an owner it spawns the owner's side vehicles at their locations placed before of the start of the map and when the sector is already occupied and changes owner any empty vehicles that were supposed to be there, meaning all untouched vehicles in the sector, will be deleted and the new ones will spawn at the locations they were placed before they were deleted at the start of the map.

Welcome on forum.

As you can fill a list with all your wishes, you can now make some researches on forum. It's a good start. As you can see, in this forum section, some topics are pinned and you should start reading them. Then, open the editor and start something. Come back here with unsolved/specific problem (if you can't make a link with something found into 180 000 posts).

You can also post in  Santa Klaus' preferred section:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/200-arma-3-find-or-offer-editing/

That's a very good place for personal contacts because your project is not a single topic, waiting for an all-in-one answer.

Have fun in scripting if you intend to start here, or have a good play with already existing scenarii.

• Like 6

@GrigorisN,

... because I was forced to make an account...

Ah, the induction ceremony. I too remember that tragic night when the admins showed up at my house, clad in balaclavas,  and forced me to agree to the terms of services at finger-gun point.

Besides this forum, Arma 3 is well represented on reddit and discord.

You'll be happy to know that most of your list can be accomplished with just in-game modules. Here's a link to the Sector Control wiki, and @Larrow has interesting posts here, here and here

Further reading,
bis_fnc_bleedTickets

Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4