Vikvendi

Combining crates.

So a lot of loot (Weaponry etc) in this game seems to be pretty dependant on loot crates, and thats fine as there is a myriad of methods to obtain them.

I've noticed that generally speaking we can only systematically earn common/uncommon crates as rewards though (challenges ommited).

I thought it might be cool to incorporate a crates combining system. In which for example;

6 common crates can be combined into one uncommon crate, to use the system requires forking out some materials with alternative option to use crowns also. The amount of both to use this system increases depending on the loot crates rarity.

Just a quick overhead of how this would look in theory;

6 Common crates +2k materials or 5 crowns= 1 uncommon crate.

As for how this would look in game, it could be added as a new shelter upgrade perhaps? 4 stages of upgrade that allow you to combine up to a higher tier of crate with each progressive upgrade on the shelter upgrade.

Any feedback on this idea would be greatly appreciated!

Bad idea in my view on a number of accounts 1- this would require significant development of an entirely new mechanic which won’t really earn the devs any money ergo not worth implementing. 2- if your wanting better crates there’s already the crate boosts in lobbies not to mention this also affecting the hidden box of valuables that’s effectively a second airdrop in every game. 3- shootout mode gives gold crates which have  a very high value loot pool to draw upon including high level crates and you can get up to 3 shootout crates per match. 

I just don’t see the value in merging crates much as I value the thought put into the innovation. Sound too much like an old thread of mine asking for a material exchange shop which the devs responded to with a blank no. 🙁

• Thanks 1

Fair enough my dude, appreciate the candid response lol. 😛

Don’t intend to shoot down the idea as such I just know they will respond with a typical response like “we don’t see this as part of our vision for the future of the game” you know the pr type speak 😛 it’s a nice thought but I doubt it’s what will happen. Keep brainstorming though!

No worries haha. I asked for feedback, not just good feedback. 😛

Even a bad idea can give birth to something better, so its always worth sharing ideas. 😄