New year, new update!

Mod
ADDED : 'Flashpoint Remix' track by Bushlurker
ADDED : FIA Ural trucks
ADDED : M113A1 APCs
ADDED : Natick LBV 1986, courtesy of Brazilian Armed Forces Mod Team
ADDED : Ural-375 HQ truck
CHNGD : Balaclavas are CUP models now, no more nasty APEX advertisments
CHNGD : Correct preview for Rifleman (Vz.58)
CHNGD : Improved the Scud launch script (tanks to LorenLuke)
CHNGD : L-39 loadout can be customized
CHNGD : New Soviet and FIA tanker uniforms
CHNGD : New scopes for the XMS, crosshair and red dot
CHNGD : US Army uniforms replaced with new models by sinmercardo
CHNGD : Weapons and supply crates have binoculars added
FIXED : Angelina wasn't unable to bring up weapon optics
FIXED : FIA uniforms should no more turn white at far distances
FIXED : Small visual glitch with M939 fuel truck
FIXED : US webbing and pistol belt armor/penetration values fixed

Missions
ADDED : 'Beach landing' bonus mission
CHNGD : Machine gun positions in 'Under the hill' moved forward
FIXED : 'Alone' ending in 'Clean Sweep 1' ended too quickly
FIXED : Officers in 'Revenge' were running around with no uniform
FIXED : Waypoints in 'Chinook' are now correctly activated

• Like 22

Next update

ADDED : APS Pistol
ADDED : Even more FIA uniform texture variants
ADDED : L1A1 rifle
ADDED : MERDC camo for some US vehicles
ADDED : Mini Cooper, courtesy of vilas
ADDED : MT-LB variants (Repair, MedEvac, SA-13) for USSR and FIA factions
ADDED : Skoda Rapid, courtesy of vilas
ADDED : Static Konkurs ATGM
ADDED : Upon request - OH-58. Be warned: It's anything but streamlined, optimized or beautiful
CHNGD : Completely new FIA uniforms and textures
CHNGD : Completely reworked M72 LAW model from CWR2 with new animations unfolding and workable front and rear sights.
CHNGD : Reworked RPG-75 projectile so its more accurate. Hits closer to where you aim instead of falling short often.
CHNGD : Various rifle optics tweaks
FIXED : Patrol boat crew/cargo leaving now in a more orderly manner
FIXED : Soviet M1984 uniform

If you run into problems, please don't hesitate to report them. Here in the thread, at our Discord channel, in Steam comments or direct message. Whatever you prefer to use.

Important:

I'm aware that  finding people is tricky but we really could need some helping hand(s). If you can help us with models, their configs and textures. Please get in touch with me. 🙂

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Thanks again for this awesome mod, damn that Cobra is the best looking chopper in Arma!

I have a small suggestion, with Arma being Arma on Battlefields II it appears the AI can see though the fog and shoot at enemies not visible to the player. Setting the fog to 0.2 still keeps the fog but means the player can see these enemies. Tested with required mods plus a mod to enable developer console only, I hope this info is some use.

Mini Cooper and Trabant are very good models even the Bus, yes is aged, but surprisingly good

@Mack
Good point. I've kept the mission settings as they were in OFP/CWR² but while editing the CWC Campaign files I noticed that the fog is often too dense. Will change it to max. 0.25 or even 0.2 in the next missions update.

We need help, seriously

Someone who can add/replace machine guns to a helicopter model (or two). Needs model editing as well as config work

* Someone who can edit mission cutscenes and intros. Most campaign scenes are broken because the animations used in Arma2 are no more present.

Please contact me if you can help. 🙂

Update April, 21

ADDED : Bicycle now has lights (thanks Urban)
ADDED : Land Rovers for the FIA
ADDED : M67 Recoiless rifle
ADDED : M76 helmet for the FIA
ADDED : Option to enable/disable Spotlight in Addon Options (thanks Freddo)
ADDED : Soviet M83 Uniform
ADDED : T-64B and BV tanks (thanks vilas)
ADDED : UAZ-451 (thanks vilas)
FIXED : Duplicate grave objects removed
FIXED : Motorcycle lights (thanks Urban)
FIXED : No more modern glasses (or any glasses at all)

Edited by W0lle
Update content added
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to say "thank you" to W0lle and all the CWR3 team and contributors for continous updates! You guys are doing amazing job with this mod, and keeping it free for anyone to play.

• Like 3

I want THANK YOU W0lle and CWR3 team as well!

I just loaded up the editor and nearly shed many tears seeing Victor Troska!!! I hope we see a followup mission where Victor has NEW adventures. I don't want to spoil the CWC RESISTANCE CAMPAIGN for those who never played it.

Can I have a request : Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE port ESCAPE over to CWR3?!

So we have the NATO team - try to escape from Guba, and vice versa, Guba and his team escaping NATO but only with CWR3 period setting weapons, gear and vehicles on CWR3 and CUP CWC MAPS!

It would help revitalize CWR3 in the ARMA 3 community until the campaign is done!

Lastly, PLEASE advise at least the separated NATO and Russian gear lists (weapons, AI classes and vehicles) so we can hack up a quick test mission for ESCAPE?!

• Like 2

Hello !
Thanks for this great mod, to me who is nostalgic for the excellent OFP.
Is there a mission Conquer the Island ? If not, would it be possible to do one (in everon if possible) ? Unfortunately I don't know anything about it.

Does a server already offer this mod CWR III ?
Good day to all !

@W0lle

Will you replace the old M1A1 model with the new M1A1 that CUP made? I wonder if this won't be mandatory because old model will be scoped out?

For the time being, we keep the old model. Not forever probably because it would be a shame not to use AlWarren's fine model. 🙂

• Like 2

Propaganda Time!

FIA getting stronger and stronger, they use every chance to get new hardware:
cwr3-cessna-promo.jpg

Nogova Police Department have their good old CJ5 back:
cwr3-cj5-promo.jpg

After years we finally were able to get rid of a very old and ugly model:
cwr3-oh58-promo.jpg

A big thanks to all our contributors, without you this would be meh!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Looks great, but I think there's some Chernarussian instigator in your team! Nogovan police was known as "Policie" (since the country is a Czech-speaking one) and used green colour scheme. Cyryllic "GM" with orange is scheme of post-Soviet Chernarussian police.

It is no secret that Chernarussian government is actively promoting their revisionist history, claiming to be the center of anti-Soviet rebellion, much to the chagrin of Nogovan and Malden Islands republics. I hope this Chernarussian influence in CWR3 will be soon eradicated, and the memory of true Cold War Crisis heroes will be preserved for future generations!

• Haha 1

We have a Russian in our team, yes.  That might explain it. 😂

The orange/white scheme we used because the other police cars are also in that scheme. And it was faster to only change one color scheme. "GM" should be replaced with Policie at some point, that's true and just on my list of stuff to do.

• Like 1

*EDIT*

Had a problem with the mod not showing in my mod list anymore. After a couple of failed repair attempts it is now mysteriously working again. Sorry for the bump

On this day, exactly 20 years ago, Operation Flashpoint(TM) - now ArmA Cold War Assault - was released. Developed by an unknown Czech studio. The open game world, the interaction of infantry, ground and air vehicles did not exist in this form until then. And also regular updates were not widespread in 2001 - and then these people packed new vehicles and weapons into the updates! And a huge sandbox in which you can make up and realize your own stories.

In addition, a story about a crazy general who is about to start a third world war because he can't do anything with glasnost and perestroika.

We had no idea for how long this game would accompany us. Twenty years! Twenty years of ups and downs. Despair and joy, also shaking our heads at 'our Bohemians' and sometimes anger. The newly added players of Arma, DayZ or Vigor could be our children.

Well, we also thought about what we could come up with on this day. But imagination is not our strong point. So we decided just to make an update. With this update CWR III leaves the beta phase, so there is no reason to hold back with missions and campaigns.

Uncomplete changelog as usual:
ADDED : 8 fresh Lada colors from the '80s
ADDED : 8 fresh Mini Cooper colors from the '80s
ADDED : Added US grenade vests (Thanks to Service and Supply Team)
ADDED : AH-1S Cobra with dynamic loadout feature
ADDED : Cessna 172 (Thanks joker006)
ADDED : Dark Vest and Backpack for the Nomex Blackops
ADDED : Even more uniforms, vests and headgear variants
ADDED : Littlebird Helicopters
ADDED : M1 Abrams tank
ADDED : Police Jeep from the old days
ADDED : Radio backpacks and operators for all factions
ADDED : UH-60s with M2, M240 and 4x ESSS
ADDED : Unified US vehicles texture sets (Summer/Winter MERDC, Woodland, Olive Drab)
CHNGD : Added items like silencers to Special weapon crates
CHNGD : Winter MERDC is the default texture for US Army vehicles
CHNGD : Officer (Night) have Rifles with grenade launchers and 4 illumination grenades
CHNGD : OH-58 model replaced with a splendid new one
CHNGD : Old style map icons removed from buildings, still a work in progress
CHNGD : Reworked US backpack family
CHNGD : Truck 5t (Empty) set to hidden as it serves no real purpose
CHNGD : Units have no more binoculars by default, Officers have M16 rifles as in OFP
CHNGD : Binoculars added to Jeeps and supply crates to counter the above change
CHNGD : V-80 pilot can eject from the helicopter
FIXED : Civilians had no radio items, hence no bikb conversation possible
FIXED : Hidden selection bug on US BDU boots
FIXED : Military Command HQ: Doors were not animated
FIXED : Resistance soldiers had invisible launcher in first person
FIXED : RPT warning about Redeye launcher mass missmatch
FIXED : Several rpt warnings caused by the AH-1S

In addition, there are a few little things we recently added:

Cold War Rearmed III : United States Marine Corps
Cold War Rearmed III : Soviet Airborne Forces
Cold War Rearmed III : Soviet Naval Infantry

And last but not least:

Cold War Rearmed III : Cold War Crisis

Some hints for people who never played 'Cold War Crisis':

Spoiler

First off and most important: In this campaign you need patience and a fair amount of imagination. This is not a 'run and gun' campaign. Doing so will only kill you faster.

This is also no 'The Americans beat them all' stlye campaign. More like, the Americans soon are on the run.

The origin of this campaign was 20 years ago. Modern 'player guidance' as in today's missions were unknown.
At best you got some gameplay hints here and there. We kept that, and even more - removed most of the hints like 'how to reload my gun'

During this campaign, you serve as a reguar grunt. You will also command your own squad, drive tanks and fly helicopters and planes.

Some missions are very hard, no doubt. But they are doable (if no bug kicks in). One of the beta testers never played them before and he mastered them. Sometimes with a lot of reloading.
One of these missions is 'After Montignac' where you're alone in a forest and must get to an evac point. You're surrounded by Russians and your only chance to surive is to avoid them as much as possible.

There's also one mission you never can complete successfully, no matter what you try. This is needed for the campaign storyline.

For most missions, you have plenty of time. Except one where you must deal with lots of enemies and time is running out.

Again, use your imagination. Think! Surive, adapt, win.
Oh and make use of save games. You may need them.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 15

Uh and there's one more thing. Stagler has pestering me with it for a long time. And what's even worse: He started working on this behind my back! Think I must keep an eye on this guy, might start a Coup d'état with his buddies.

Originally planned by him as an unofficial Expansion, I then changed my mind and well... here they are:

Cold War Rearmed III : British Armed Forces

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

I erh, I...

I can't even pinpoint what it was that triggered it, but playing the campaign turned into a truly emotional experience for me. Maybe it really was the realization that it's been 20 years since I came in contact with this game, or the fact as W0lle stated, that us day 1 vets litteraly have an entire new generation of gamers around us, some of which were not even born when this epic journey was started... I can't get my thoughts straight at the moment. Let's just say: playing "Training" again fellt like the very first time. And it made me actually cry a bit. 

Many thanks to you all. All of you Modmakers, be you veterans or rookies...let's enjoy our shared love (and sometimes anger 😄 ) for this epic game.

But thanks W0lle and the whole CWRIII team in particular for all the hard work and dedication you folks have put into this mod! 

• Like 5

Incredible work, thank you! Agreed with flv"venom",this certainly triggers a strong bout of nostalgia.

Download, start, Steal The Car with Mission Impossible theme playing...... Takes me back a decade or two.

In 20 years I never could work out why the Russians would have such important intel/personnel so close to the front with such little protection 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Single mission "Ambush" won't finish. Houdan is clear and I've blown up anything that might be stopping it trigger.