W0lle

Cold War Rearmed III

cwr3_logo_beta.png

Cold War Rearmed III is a community project to recreate the experience of the great and unique Cold War Crisis and Resistance campaigns from Operation Flashpoint™ (later known as Cold War Assault).
Our main focus is keeping the atmosphere from the original game, while taking advantage of Bohemia Interactive's modern engine and gameplay enhancements.

Once again, you can witness the confrontation between the Soviet Union and the United States spiraling into a shooting war over the Malden islands, a chain of isles in the middle of nowhere...

Welcome to the third return of the legendary Cold War Rearmed modification!

Please see the links below for SP/MP Missions and the legendary Cold War Crisis campaign.

For all missions, the CUP CWC terrains are used. We'll come up with new versions of these ever popular terrains, but that's also far away. Jakerod is good, but he also can't create terrains with pressing a button or two. 🙂

Note: Some uniforms and other items are moved from the core Mod to the USMC, VDV and VMF Expansions. This was necessary because in the end there was a huge mess of all kind of items.

So if you're missing an item in an mission or in the editor: Load these Expansions and they should be back.

Now, this huge Mod would not have been possible without* The CUP team, which created not only one of the most popular Mods but serve as a base for CWR III.
* 3 Commando Brigade : M939 Trucks and SCUD launcher.
* Basher : OPFOR uniforms, equipment, headgear textures
* Batteriefuhrer : Responsible for most of the unit textures.
* beppe_goodoldrebel : Vests from his '80s pack.
* Bossman : Propaganda material
* ColdWarChris : MERDC and C-130 textures.
* DSabre : Sopwith Camel model and textures.
* EMSI : Sharing his UI config wisdom with us.
* Freddo : Option to enable/disable Spotlight in Addon Options.
* Ghost : Couple of scripts still being used in our missions.
* hcpookie : Proper working MM-1 grenade launcher
* joker006 : Fixed the Trabant and Bus models so they actually work.
* Lakarak : Edited SSh-40 Russian Helmet Model
* Lorenluke : Improved our Scud launcher script
* max1048 : Soviet equipment meshes (6B3, 6B5, vests)
* maxjoiner : Thank you for supplying us with a working female character.
* MaxPower : Contributing his truly splended AH-1 and Trabant models.
* Mikero : Without his tools, this would be a pile of junk. Seriously.
* Motta : M1 Helmet Model
* Shuko : His Taskmaster script used everywhere.
* sinmercardo : New US Army uniforms
* slatts : Sharing a fair amount of his former Conflict '85 stuff
* Stagler : Models and configs fixing, again and again (usually after I touched them).
* Temon : Thanks for your OFP face textures.
* Tini : Models/Textures
* Trento : Models/Textures
* Urban : Adding/Fixing various vehicle lights.
* vilas : Mini Cooper, Skoda Rapid, UAZ-452 and T-64 models.
* Xeno/Xacino : Soviet uniform (M69, M55/63), equipment, headgear (berets) meshes
* Everyone else we accidently forgot

Last but not least, the legal stuff
CWR III END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA)

The work contained in this distribution is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0.

It is forbidden to distribute the content of this package by itself, or as part of another distribution, using the Steam Workshop by anyone other than Cold War Rearmed III Team.
You may NOT use the material for any commercial purposes. This includes running this Modification on server instances that employ any monetization schemes, including, but not limited to, donate-reward systems.
Bohemia Interactive's approval of your monetization scheme does not grant you rights to wave this clause of the EULA.
Please note that the above-mentioned agreement gives the right to the Cold War Rearmed III Team to waiver any of the conditions at our own discretion.

The CWR III Modification is provided for Arma 3 only and is not to be used with VBS or any of its derivatives built for the purpose of military training.
The use of Cold War Rearmed III in DayZ is strictly forbidden.

By downloading the Modification, you submit to the EULA, and any non-compliance with previous rules, you may be subject to prosecution.

Also please note this:
The CWR III Team does not work for you, or is required to do as you ask. We all do this on our free time and for free. We are not your servants!
Of course we are open for suggestions. And they may happen, or most probably not. 🙂

Still here? Now let's go on this journey then.

Requirements: CUP Units, CUP Vehicles, CUP Weapons, CUP Terrains Core, links here.

Steam Workshop Links
Cold War Rearmed III
Cold War Rearmed III - SP/MP Missions
Cold War Rearmed III - Cold War Crisis

Cold War Rearmed III - British Armed Forces
Cold War Rearmed III - Soviet Airborne Forces
Cold War Rearmed III - Soviet Naval Infantry
Cold War Rearmed III - United States Marines Corps

CWR III TFAR Compatibility by Dahlgren:
Steam Workshop

CWR III ACRE2 Compatibility by Dahlgren:
Steam Workshop

A list of class names and other documentation you can find here.

You can join our official Discord channel, courtesy of CUP.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 16

Awesome news! Congrats on the Beta release. Off to download now.

Dad's back with that sweet, sweet cold war milk ! 😚

• Like 1

Many thanks and congrats to you all, top effort!

• Like 1

Thanks to the CWR team! Its great to play the old missions again.

Top work guys, I mean it took you 7 years but hey, better late than never 😉

But seriously, it's good to see the spirit of OFP back, Looks like I don't have to keep remaking missions anymore! Can't wait to get stuck into the campaign again. Thanks heaps.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, killjoyau73 said:

Top work guys, I mean it took you 7 years but hey, better late than never 😉

But seriously, it's good to see the spirit of OFP back, Looks like I don't have to keep remaking missions anymore! Can't wait to get stuck into the campaign again. Thanks heaps.

It only took me 7 years to finally step into Arma 3. Don't ask me why it took so long, stubbornness I guess. 🙂

I wouldn't be too sure about not remaking missions anymore though. 

Thanks W0lle and team for all your work and dedication to this great piece of Nostalgia, very much appreciate

your time into brining a piece of the original into the modern game!

Thank you!

Yep, thank you very much CWR & CUP! To say that the work is appreciated would be a huge understatement, thank you guys and Godspeed!

You may want to report (top right corner of a post) the previous dev thread in discussion section for closure though.

15 hours ago, Janez said:

You may want to report (top right corner of a post) the previous dev thread in discussion section for closure though.

Other thread has been closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wolle! Congrats for the whole CWRIII team for the release, I´ve just blinked and the first beta release is on (I was on the impression it was planned for 2021, so got caught up on total suprise) many kudos and anxious for all the improvements to come... 8D

Just an annoying question, as I (and I assume a part of this community too) can´t for the life of me use steam mods (only misisons work), are you guys planning to host your files on Armaholic and/or external mirrors as gdrive, one drive, dropbox and the likes?

Cheers and again, kudon for the beta release! 

50 minutes ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Just an annoying question, as I (and I assume a part of this community too) can´t for the life of me use steam mods (only misisons work), are you guys planning to host your files on Armaholic and/or external mirrors as gdrive, one drive, dropbox and the likes?

In the meanwhile you can use Steam Workshop Downloader. It's an online tool, no need to install anything on your machine.

• Thanks 1

We definitely will provide an alternative download sometime soon. Maybe with the next big update.

Thing is that with changes made on an almost daily basis again, it's damn hard to keep multiple mirrors updated. For this case, Steam is a big help (Can't believe I'm saying this) 🤣

I'd try that Workshop Downloader, I'm using it too for grabbing missions cause I have enough of searching around where the darn file is stored at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Did you want any bug reports from the missions or are you already aware of them?

Please do so. There might be plenty of them. So no worries, I'm not scared to hear about.

• Like 1

Congrats for the release !!! My memories of the good old days come back 😉

• Like 1

Well, I think she finally had enough of him.

cwr3-hotcouple2.jpg

A real big thank you to maxjoiner for supplying us with a real Angelina. And another one, more professional then my quick set up:

cwr3-hotcouple2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, W0lle said:

Please do so. There might be plenty of them. So no worries, I'm not scared to hear about.

Oki. Got a few more, but just played commander mission and its missing the briefing and tasks and audio, just gives you waypoints. All 6 missions I've tried so far get a script error saying its missing the wallpaper when you get mission complete. (such as vid below)

Aside from that no mission breaking stuff I came across, that side is all lovely. 

This looks incredible. Thanks to the team for building this.

The missing wallpaper is known, but I check them again to be sure.

Missing briefing is caused by laziness, will be fixed in next update as well.

Update:

Commander fixed

Sniper Team completely redone

Congrats to this release and thanks to the team for making this awesome MOD for ArmA 3. Thanks Wolle and to all who have contributed to make this happen.

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, W0lle said:

Well, I think she finally had enough of him.

A real big thank you to maxjoiner for supplying us with a real Angelina. And another one, more professional then my quick set up:

Hot damn that woman aged well

Edited by R0adki11
no quoting images
  • Haha 1

New update is out, and off Steam download link added in the first post.

Mission update will follow later today,

Changes to previous version:

Mod
ADDED : FIA Rifleman (Vz.58)
ADDED : Fully animated Angelina (with minor bugs left)
ADDED : Music tracks from the old days
CHNGD : AH-1 using the UH-1 sound set now
CHNGD : Bus now as interior lights, thanks to Urban for this nice addition
CHNGD : We use CUP weapons and magazines now where possible, no more duplicated weapons
FIXED : Sopwith Camel has correct pilots - this time for real!
FIXED : Unable to spawn groups in Zeus

Missions
CHNGD : UAZ in 'Laser' does no more try to cross the bridge (and crashing the car)
CHNGD : Weapons and magazines replaced with CUP ones
FIXED : 'Sniper Team' completely redone from original sources
ADDED : Extra SP Mission 'Eye for an eye'
FIXED : No briefing in 'Commander'

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

When you tell your buddy that you can take him only as far as Petrovice and the sky starts laughing in TV3-117...