Xaphan Misanthrop

Rifle scope or attachments?

Hello dear Vigor Support Team, I have thought seriously about what you think of my next idea? I thought how nice it would be if there were various different attachments for rifles, as an example I mean it something like this: Weapon: VZ 52 rifle, this has an open visor, how about the idea of adding attachments such as the M21 can own this if necessary assemble it again and again before a round? I would first try a couple of rifle types like the Carabina or something to see how it works, I think if you had the opportunity to attach a target attachment to a Carabina, using this type of rifle would be a lot more fun what you think ?

• Like 1

Thanks for the idea 🍅 however, we've got no plans for attachments in Vigor, as we feel that it would not give a level playing field.

12 hours ago, fOrsythiaa said:

level playing field.

In a game where most purple or gold guns are absolute better choices over most others. And there are added portable detectors, mortars, armored plates and iodine. You talk about a level playing field?

I think it's because you want people to have to buy entirely different guns just to get a scope on it *coughs in G3*

Nobody can afford to pack in all of the best consumables and guns every single round unless they either play once a week, duplicate items, or are a whale and buy insurance literally every single game, so don't talk about level playing field in a pay/glitch 2 win game

I mean I think that’s why the timed safe and locked containers exist for the guaranteed weapon drops, granted not quite new player friendly there are other ways to get the good guns so you can get them every round. 

11 hours ago, Matthew Aiken said:

I mean I think that’s why the timed safe and locked containers exist for the guaranteed weapon drops, granted not quite new player friendly there are other ways to get the good guns so you can get them every round. 

Fighting over a chance for a weapon that gives minimal ammo and not of choice is much different than bringing in a SG1 or HBAR with bugged damage or a ADR with perfect accuracy.

Those drops are not even guaranteed I've been the first to open those containers with no weapons to spawn so I know. 

But I am surprised they added more stuff to fight over. I would've never expected them to do this but I suspect it was a symptom of low player counts, they take away stuff as they get more players and add stuff as they lose them.

If they get lots of players in the future they'll probably make the drops much worse for all of these objects.
Just like how they:
Nerfed the antenna from 20 crowns a day to much less,

vastly increased the material cost of all guns and ammo,

removed decent crown rewards from daily challenges (used to be upwards of over 100 and 70 crown challenges) also removed normal crates from dailies (crates that drop plans, sometimes special issue),
dilute crate drops with ammo and don't have a guaranteed chance to give plans per pool,

continue to allow teaming despite removing the map select to "remove teaming", 
continue to allow the HBAR and G3SG1 to do much more damage than they say they do (my friend shot me once for 90 damage with G3SG1 and it wasn't in the head),
and continue to allow the spam of portable detectors despite how they are much more powerful than any gun (it's easy to wipe a lobby knowing where everyone is at all times)

On 12/10/2020 at 9:56 AM, fOrsythiaa said:

Thanks for the idea 🍅 however, we've got no plans for attachments in Vigor, as we feel that it would not give a level playing field.

I can understand a concern regarding balance, its a delicate matter in any game.

However some of the in game guns are actually god awful, heavy recoil and any attempt to maintain sustained accuracy is literally impossible. Even implementing a small set of attachments with fairly low benefits would be an improvement, i think the ability to craft sights would vastly improve this game overall though.

7 hours ago, Vikvendi said:

I can understand a concern regarding balance, its a delicate matter in any game.

However some of the in game guns are actually god awful, heavy recoil and any attempt to maintain sustained accuracy is literally impossible. Even implementing a small set of attachments with fairly low benefits would be an improvement, i think the ability to craft sights would vastly improve this game overall though.

See the problem is it actually is a balancing issue. For their checkbook. 

If everyone has access to sights and things that can make garbage weapons (which are most of them) better then that means people don't have to farm plans to get the G3 SG1, HBAR or ADR plans. The 3 of which do broken damage or are ridiculously accurate.

All guns are good = less money for bohemia

@ArachnidOverlord Honestly, I couldn't comment on that. I'm new to this particular game so my feedback is based on a newcomers feedback, my initial impression of this game has been quite good but I do find the weapons rather clunky to use.

As for monetary incentivisation, I get why they do it. It's the same with  game industry as a whole, they're businesses first and foremost at the end of the day.

There are certainly ways to make a lot of money, I'm not gonna sit here and tell the developers how to run their business model but making games essentially pay to win inevitably gives them a short shelf life in most cases.

*shrugs*

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vikvendi said:

@ArachnidOverlord Honestly, I couldn't comment on that. I'm new to this particular game so my feedback is based on a newcomers feedback, my initial impression of this game has been quite good but I do find the weapons rather clunky to use.

As for monetary incentivisation, I get why they do it. It's the same with  game industry as a whole, they're businesses first and foremost at the end of the day.

There are certainly ways to make a lot of money, I'm not gonna sit here and tell the developers how to run their business model but making games essentially pay to win inevitably gives them a short shelf life in most cases.

*shrugs*

That's the problem. Any "game as a service" has a "us against them" mentality between the players and the devs. 

The devs try to find the balance between as much profit from players while maintaining a large enough player base.

Then are also being told by higher ups to make more money by any means necessary or be replaced lol.

Admittedly a developer could have the games' best interests in mind at all times but as long as there's a manager or somebody higher up pushing for a bigger profit margin it will eventually turn into a worthless cesspool for players and die.

It's also why a lot of things "aren't built like they used to" because if a product sold is permanent than the buyer doesn't ever need to buy another one.

In this case the product is a service so they want you to constantly spend money on consumables and weapons with season passes and insurance to have the "ideal experience", those who don't pay money pay with losing.

• Like 1

@ArachnidOverlord Yup, 100% my dude.

Alas we're veering somewhat off topic here though....so big thumbs up to attachments, hopefully this gets reconsidered in the future even if the devs are not open to the idea currently!

I don't mean that every weapon should or must be equipped with a rifle barrel, I'll take the anikkan card as an example: a huge card and just too perfect for sniper friends I like to use the rifle vz or the Moisin or carabina, the problem is that I'm lost on such a card against someone who has an m21 or a g3! That's why I thought it would be really cool if the other rifles were also suitable for target rifles. I even thought maybe of a silencer function for the gel and the mp5 😉 you know, I don't understand why there are now 500 knives to choose from pistols or other strange things if no one uses them i have dismantled about 700 knives that week 3000 pistols well i have plenty of materials now but i don't understand why ideas where weapons would be selected more often are so discarded that is a mystery to me, just like the armor, it just doesn't work and slowly I get a very bad suspicion and if I'm quite far in the battle pass at level 42, I am now so I think one or two bullets are enough and I'm dead no matter whether it's head or body me I think that was not so extreme before that you could tolerate more balls without falling directly, but two hits and m are now enough it's over and that really leaves a lot to be desired, I notice it when I'm involved in a fight when my opponent has swallowed well he is still there and as soon as I get two shots dead!

On 12/10/2020 at 4:56 AM, fOrsythiaa said:

Yeah......... Not picking up on that one. I wouldn't say that even the base game is "fair". That's not really the point of the game is it, to be fair? Every game I have played it hasn't been fair. I believe that attachments you cant buy, but only can loot out of the world that you could put on guns would be amazing. It doesn't have to only be optics though, make grips and things like that to get rid of some recoil. 

Hey,
I think your idea is really good. Some weapons would certainly play better if you had a few sights. However, there should not be too many, so that it remains clear. I think it would be enough to stick with foregrips, red dot, ACOG, 8x sniper scope, silencer and flash hider, right?

If these attachments were in the game and you could then craft them, I don't think it would be a big impact on the ,,balance,,.

On 12/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, GrumpyManager41 said:

Yeah......... Not picking up on that one. I wouldn't say that even the base game is "fair". That's not really the point of the game is it, to be fair? Every game I have played it hasn't been fair. I believe that attachments you cant buy, but only can loot out of the world that you could put on guns would be amazing. It doesn't have to only be optics though, make grips and things like that to get rid of some recoil. 

for recoil there are alternative remedies I've already seen everything, people who can play with a strike pack on the controller and thus completely remove recoil

On 12/10/2020 at 11:44 PM, ArachnidOverlord said:

, so don't talk about level playing field in a pay/glitch 2 win game

i hear this all the time... vigor is NOT a pay 2 win game...

you cant buy crates, you cant buy weapons, you have no edge with paying!

On 1/12/2021 at 6:07 AM, bigfr0g said:

i hear this all the time... vigor is NOT a pay 2 win game...

you cant buy crates, you cant buy weapons, you have no edge with paying!

Insurance lets you keep all your items you don't use so you can bring in the best guns and consumables without worrying about it. 

It also allows you to die with good loot and besides crates you keep it all. 

Paying money means you can get battlepass blueprints or a chance to get airdrop crates which contain their respective rarity of plans for newly powercreeped guns/consumables. If you spend crowns to get airdorps and run insurance it greatly increases your chance of winning.
It's so easy to wipe a lobby with portable detector spam telling you where everyone is, armor to protect you from body shots and the most powerful guns to drop people across the map, all of which you can carry a large amount of without worry of losing with insurance.

• Like 1

After reading all of these messages i see now that the players that sweat & grind 12+ hours are the money makers of the games because they are the ones buying the high priced crowns & shop in the high priced store, buy the battle pass. Now i see it just took me longer to see it cause iv only been watching online for only 4 years. Shut the front door!!!!!!!!

You dont need to spend big to succeed in this game,i brought the starter pack for £8,i dont boost much and by the time the next seasons battle pass starts ill have the crowns to pay for it by doing this seasons pass. Also all this talk about spenders have the best guns is nonsense i have around x20 of each of the best guns mostly through pick ups, but i have sweated the last couple of weeks though. Put the work in and youll find plenty