zagor64bz

[SP-CAMPAIGN] GHOST RECON: ALTIS WILDLAND

WHILE I'M REALLY THANKFUL TO THE COMMUNITY OR ANYONE WHO'S ENJOYED THE MISSION, I'M REALLY SORRY TO REPORT THAT DUE TO LACK OF TIME AND INTEREST, (HONESTLY GOT A BIT BURNT OUT OF ARMA...)AT THIS TIME THE CAMPAIGN IS NO LONGER FOLLOWED/SUPPORTED BY ME. I'LL GLADLY GIVE PERMISSION TO ANYONE WILLING TO UPGRADE/FIX THE CAMPAIGN. ORIGINAL FILES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
AGAIN, THANKS TO EVERYONE.
ZAGOR OUT.

CjeFHPj.jpg

Howdy folks...

This is the SUMMER version of my GHOST RECON: WINTER WILDLANDS

This is an open-world dynamic SINGLE PLAYER mini-campaign, sand-box style with multiple objectives with TOTAL freedom on how to execute the tasks.
Main story-driven and SIDE missions tasks, with mini-games, quests, intels searches, sectors clearing, search-and-destroy enemy weapons, drugs, and money caches, and a massive manhunt.

Play as you wish: Be a shadow of death or wreak havoc with the firepower of "USS Freedom" carrier support.

The Campaign is packed with features like: 

-Randomly placed MAIN TASKS, so every new game is different
-GUI-selectable AI Ghost Recon teammates, from worldwide Tier 1 operators.
-GUI-operable heli CAS and TRANSPORT.
-Scuba and SVD map-selectable insertion.
-Immersive player & AI teammates HALO jump, with HALO-gear swap, free-to move inside the plane, and red/green lights effects.  
-CRUISE MISSILES support with custom made "lock-on" HUD, target description, and a confirm target command.
-Cluster bombs air-strike support.
-Supply and vehicle drop with sound fx.
-Boat services from the carrier deck.
-AI auto revive
-Enhanced briefing and tasks overview

And some other fun stuff scattered around the island.

This is a BETA version, so feel free (actually I encourage you) to report bugs and problems.

Many, MANY thanks to all the community that helped along the way, but a special thanks goes to:

- @DÄZ for the AWESOME GUI he made for me

- @crazy mike for the Altis WINTER 2035 Terrain

- @rickoshay for the awesome HALO and Hose clearing scripts and extensive help with the scuba script.

- @pierremgi for the AI revive script, HUD creation.

- @johnnyboy and  @Magirot for the "sink the trawler" script

- @GEORGE FLOROS GR for the supply drop script 

- @Grumpy Old Man for the carpet bombing script.

Not to forget:

Leopard20,  

Grezvany13 

Lou Montana

ansin11

IR0NSIGHT

R3vo

Connor

And anyone else always ready to help us mission maker, and the truly inspiring HUNTER SIX CAMPAIGN.

SORRY if by any chance I left somebody out, but it' 3.45 AM and I'm getting tired...LOL.

Here's the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2312555701

NEEDED MODS:

CBA

CUP Community Faction Projects.

CUP terrain core

NOTE: Some MODs have their own dependencies.

Please, do NOT upload the mission somewhere else without asking permission. All the content it's free to use for anyone that wants to de-PBO the mission and get pieces of it, as long as you give credit to me and/or to script authors.

HOPE you'll enjoy playing as much as I enjoy making it, and feel free to give feedback, report bugs, or any other issue.

ps: READ THE BRIEFING!!!!

The Software is distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This software is not an official add-on or tool. Use of the Software (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk. 

This mission is (c) 2018 Zagor64bz rights reserved. 
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) 
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

• Like 6

Thanks for all the work! Looks great can't wait to try it.  Just a note it appears it also needs additional CUP Mods like Vehicles, Units and Weapons.

Thanks again!

30 minutes ago, vengeance1 said:

Thanks for all the work! Looks great can't wait to try it.  Just a note it appears it also needs additional CUP Mods like Vehicles, Units and Weapons.

Thanks again!

Thanks mate!

For the mods....you probably didn't notice that CFP needs CUP to run...

18 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

NOTE: Some MODs have their own dependencies.

Hey, great to have you and your great mission back! ;)

And it's also a lot improved!! Great work!! Performance is very good.

Edit: The first jet that attempted to land on deck shortly after mision start crashed into a parked one and exploded :-D

I hope it's ok to give some feedback, whenever I find something.

- there is a type (I think) on the HALO officer. It's saying "HALO not available until enemy air defense is active".

- The sound that plays when you perform SVD insertion is VERY loud! It almost banged my ears xD

- I hacked a phone and that led to an HVT, displayed as a moving question mark on the map. WHen I came closer and visual contact on him (400m), his two bodyguards were "hopping" every second, while he was moving normal. This hopping happened in the same"rythm" like the mark moves on the map (like every second).

- This is one of the best scenarios I've played in the last months! It's real fun to get started and encountering these random events! Tasks are very well done, especially in terms of diversity.

- As a little tipp: for the Ghost Recon feeling, Slay's Drone Systems fits greatly into this mission.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Hey, great to have you and your great mission back! 😉

And it's also a lot improved!! Great work!! Performance is very good.

Edit: The first jet that attempted to land on deck shortly after mission start crashed into a parked one and exploded :-D

I hope it's ok to give some feedback, whenever I find something.

- there is a type (I think) on the HALO officer. It's saying "HALO not available until enemy air defense is active".

- The sound that plays when you perform SVD insertion is VERY loud! It almost banged my ears xD

- I hacked a phone and that led to an HVT, displayed as a moving question mark on the map. WHen I came closer and visual contact on him (400m), his two bodyguards were "hopping" every second, while he was moving normal. This hopping happened in the same"rythm" like the mark moves on the map (like every second).

- This is one of the best scenarios I've played in the last months! It's real fun to get started and encountering these random events! Tasks are very well done, especially in terms of diversity.

- As a little tipp: for the Ghost Recon feeling, Slay's Drone Systems fits greatly into this mission.

AWESOME review..and please, keep reporting bugs and problems freely. So, let me address this point by point: 

HALO: That's how it's supposed to be: You'll not be able to halo until the plane can fly FREELY (no enemy SAM coverage.)

EDIT: LOL...I'll correct that asap (thanks @beno_83au)

SDV:  Sorry about that..I'll take care of it asap.

"Hopping" bodyguards: LOLLL..it may be something related to the use of layers....mmm..I'll have to dig into this. 
Slay's Drone: I'm monitoring closely the development of that for quite some time...it would be PERFECT for this mission. So it is the GR tagging enemies mod by @jarrad96..I like to keep the list of needed mods as light as possible though. We'll see!

And THANK YOU for the compliments. I try to add as much "easiness" as possible, in the form of little "funny" things here and there (did you turned on the TV on the deck?...or find out what the rouge pilot was watching? (°)(°) in the hangar???)...hahahahaha..or the snoring operator when you're skipping time?
Freedom of choices, Immersion, replayability, random enemies and events, and a variety of "things to do" are the bases for my missions. Or perhaps the way I like to create them.

Hopefully, someone else will like them as well.

PS: I just realized you already uncovered a BOSS..damn..lol...need to deprive those lieutenants of their phone...hahahaha

@zagor64bz I haven't played this yet, but reading through, I think the devil is in the detail 😉

20 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

1 hour ago, beno_83au said:

@zagor64bz I haven't played this yet, but reading through, I think the devil is in the detail 😉

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL.....now I see it! Wise words, beno... the devil is in the detail!
Should be: 

"HALO not available while enemy air defense is active"

Thank you.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

AWESOME review..and please, keep reporting bugs and problems freely. So, let me address this point by point: 

HALO: That's how it's supposed to be: You'll not be able to halo until the plane can fly FREELY (no enemy SAM coverage.)

EDIT: LOL...I'll correct that asap (thanks @beno_83au)

SDV:  Sorry about that..I'll take care of it asap.

"Hopping" bodyguards: LOLLL..it may be something related to the use of layers....mmm..I'll have to dig into this. 
Slay's Drone: I'm monitoring closely the development of that for quite some time...it would be PERFECT for this mission. So it is the GR tagging enemies mod by @jarrad96..I like to keep the list of needed mods as light as possible though. We'll see!

And THANK YOU for the compliments. I try to add as much "easiness" as possible, in the form of little "funny" things here and there (did you turned on the TV on the deck?...or find out what the rouge pilot was watching? (°)(°) in the hangar???)...hahahahaha..or the snoring operator when you're skipping time?
Freedom of choices, Immersion, replayability, random enemies and events, and a variety of "things to do" are the bases for my missions. Or perhaps the way I like to create them.

Hopefully, someone else will like them as well.

PS: I just realized you already uncovered a BOSS..damn..lol...need to deprive those lieutenants of their phone...hahahaha

Great to hear! And thx for the support.

Well, yes! I found a fews tiny jokes, lol :D Like the monitor with NArcos soundtrack, but also others in a few locations. It is really one of the best scenarios on Arma 3! You've spent a lot of work to these details that give the mission a great and dense atmosphere! Really great work!

• Thanks 1

So I start out on deck. When I’ve chosen my team I board the chopper to transport me to the AO. The problem is every AI team mate gets stuck on deck somewhere...

2 hours ago, jonstyle said:

So I start out on deck. When I’ve chosen my team I board the chopper to transport me to the AO. The problem is every AI team mate gets stuck on deck somewhere...

OK.....just so I understand better:

-you start the campaign.....

-after the opening shot you go to your teammates...

-you choose your squad...

-YOU ACHIEVE AIR SUPERIORITY BY DESTROYING RADAR AND SAM, AS REQUESTED BY THE TASK LIST...

-YOU HAVE NOW HELI TRANSPORT AVAILABLE...and the add-action on the choppers change from "NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL SAM IS ACTIVE" to "BOARD THE CHOPPER"

-you use the add-action to board the heli and your teammates don't get teleported inside BUT get stuck on the carrier deck?

Please note, as I stated in the BRIEFING,  that due to the lack of paths on the carrier deck, AI does get stuck if they wander around too much, and CANNOT find the way to board ANY kind of vehicle. For that reason, I suggest keeping them on the STOP command until you choose the appropriate vehicle to move to the AO and use the provided add-action to teleport them inside. 

If you've not yet destroyed the SAM&Radar, I suggest using scuba insertion, or the speedboat service.

Artillery (or cruise missile? I mean VLS SUpport) sometimes takes pretty long, and sometimes doesn't even work at all. I keep pointing the laser on the target, it says "splash out" and then.. nothing. Sometimes it hits the target, but a long time after the request. And finally it potentially work just fine - sometimes. What is it that I'm doing wrong?

13 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Artillery (or cruise missile? I mean VLS SUpport) sometimes takes pretty long, and sometimes doesn't even work at all. I keep pointing the laser on the target, it says "splash out" and then.. nothing. Sometimes it hits the target, but a long time after the request. And finally it potentially work just fine - sometimes. What is it that I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for pointing this out. I'll dig into it and report back asap.

ps: I don't think you're doing anything wrong...maybe is just buggy.

• Like 1

Hi @zagor64bz, I noticed that your Wildlands-like scenarios have been taken down from the Workshop. Do you have the source files by any chance, if you're still looking for someone who would continue your project?