omri2050

Intercept cruise missile with jets?

Is there a way to allow planes to intercept cruise missile (launched from VLS for example)??

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Not sure, but I don't think so. You'll need to target and lock-on to them...Maybe with some scripting AND for a cutscene...but not reliably employable in "normal combat".

But I can be TOTALLY wrong here.

• Like 2

agree with @zagor64bz  It seems to me the first difficulty is the world size not compatible with this kind of action (even if the AI skill is set to 1). After that, a modder could build some Anti-air missile with active controls (PIF-PAF) for high maneuverability and zero react time...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

agree with @zagor64bz  It seems to me the first difficulty is the world size not compatible with this kind of action (even if the AI skill is set to 1). After that, a modder could build some Anti-air missile with active controls (PIF-PAF) for high maneuverability and zero react time...

Hey @pierremgi...remember this script?

C-RAM Script
Maybe it would be possible to extract something useful...but I don't know if it's worthed it...

• Like 1

Sure! good script. But a C-Ram shield is not exactly a single missile interceptor. And, I can't imagine AI planes shooting a cruise missile by canon.

• Like 2

crossbow3.jpg

11 hours ago, pierremgi said:

And, I can't imagine AI planes shooting a cruise missile by canon.

Yep....agree. This ain't spitfire's intercepting V1 "buzzer" bombs after all...😋

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

crossbow3.jpg

Yep....agree. This ain't spitfire's intercepting V1 "buzzer" bombs after all...😋

Numerous non-AI pilots vs slow (600 km/h) middle altitude (4500 ft) flying bomb with straight trajectory. And the most important here is... non-AI.

Thanks guys :)
The intent is that a human player will chase the missile and intercept it with an air to air missile
I'll try to look into it more and maybe find a work around

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Numerous non-AI pilots vs slow (600 km/h) middle altitude (4500 ft) flying bomb with straight trajectory. And the most important here is... non-AI.

LOL..I think you misunderstood what I meant: I totally agree with you on the below statement:

17 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Sure! good script. But a C-Ram shield is not exactly a single missile interceptor. And, I can't imagine AI planes shooting a cruise missile by canon.

What I meant is: You're right....intercepting cruise missiles, especially for AI, wouldn't be as "easy" as those spitfires did.