gc8

BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd activation

Hi

I'm using the BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd but I noticed you can select and click the action just like any other action from the scroll menu. Is this supposed to be? seems like a bug to me... of course the action isn't completed when selected that way

thx!

When it appears in the scroll menu you must also hold down the space bar.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, TURCO_AR said:

When it appears in the scroll menu you must also hold down the space bar.

Cheers

yes only space is necessary. But I'm talking about the mouse wheel-button select

Intended as is. You have a (last) parameter to hide the hold action on screen and keep it into the menu, but not the contrary.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Intended as is. You have a (last) parameter to hide the hold action on screen and keep it into the menu, but not the contrary.

I put false there but it's still selectable from the scroll menu

24 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Re-read pierremgi's post, he is saying the last parameter will hide the action on screen, and you will only have it in the menu. 

1 minute ago, stburr91 said:

Re-read pierremgi's post, he is saying the last parameter will hide the action on screen, and you will only have it in the menu. 

right but question still remains, why are the space actived actions also mouse middle activated?

Just now, gc8 said:

right but question still remains, why are the space actived actions also mouse middle activated?

It's always been that way. 

31 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Because this function is also an addAction

private _actionID = _target addAction [_title, _codeInit, _arguments, _priority, _showWindow, ACTION_HIDE_ON_USE, ACTION_SHORTCUT, _condShow, ACTION_DISTANCE, _showUnconscious, ""];
(from function viewer in console).

so no way to prevent that?

I may be a perfectionist but what happens when user selects the action from the menu is that the start code and end code right after gets called... This is the very thing I would like to avoid if possible. maybe there's a way to detect how the action was activated?

Not sure to understand your problem. By menu (so scroll and enter) or by "enter" as displayed in icon, that's the same. You need to give a duration, a code when completed. You can add a code when aborted and a code when started... no matter the menu.

1 minute ago, pierremgi said:

Not sure to understand your problem. By menu (so scroll and enter) or by "enter" as displayed in icon, that's the same. You need to give a duration, a code when completed. You can add a code when aborted and a code when started... no matter the menu.

yeah I only want the start/cancel code to be called if user is pressing space to activate. 

now I could probably check for that space in start/cancel code...

This is what I came up with to check if the hold action is indeed hold activated

isActionKeyHeld =
{
 (inputaction "action") > 0
};

Edited by gc8
changed fn name