razzored

Dynamic AI faction/side

Hello there!
Im working on a large mission which requires many units in play, sadly arma 3 only has 4 effective factions (i know theres like another 10 tsemi useless factions for my purpose.)
The players HAVE to be blufor and the police units are all blufor.
I want a script that automatically changes their faction to Independent or attack blufor players?
I've tried using EOS to spawn them using the "side" feature, but then they just kill eachother when they spawn, full selfinflicted squad masscass.

What im looking for?
EITHER
Script that makes Blufor AI Attack and kill Blufor players (theres a script that changes us between civ and blufor depending on what we are doing, blufor = bad).
Script that looks for and changes all AI Blufor or all AI from a certain classname array into Independent, every X second or something.

you have 4 usual sides: WEST EAST INDEPENDENT CIVILIAN  for units.

You can do what you want setting the relationship between sides with setFriend  (via server, bilateral so double command: see 3rd note), and that's OK in game, along with your scenario, but that's for all units of same sides.

You can set any unit/player as sideEnemy  (renegade), enemy of all other units, with a rating < 2000 (setRating).

You can avoid a unit to be shot, becoming (temporarily) civilian, by setting it as captive (setCaptive).

You can shift from a side to another, creating a group and joining it.

That's all.

Any idea on how i could make all blufor units that spawn dynamically turn independent?

Just now, razzored said:

Any idea on how i could make all blufor units that spawn dynamically turn independent?

When you spawn a unit/group, you can join a group. So there is no problem spawning whatever type of unit and making join another side. So, depending on the way you spawn your unit...

createGroup if needed, and join command.