quarren_

[RELEASE] 203X Horizon Islands Armed Forces

Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2519262908

NMpZ8Fn.jpg

Hi guys,

this is a thing I've been wanting to do for some time, but making '80s Tanoa' took precedence. 🙂 The basic idea is a (Post-)"Old Man"-Era Horizon Islands Armed Forces faction mainly sponsored by CSAT (either formed shortly before, during, or in the aftermath of the happenings of Old Man). As such, their arsenal is going to be CSAT-influenced with several non-CSAT additions from Tanoa's colorful past. More concept stuff to follow.

The mod will be based on vanilla and DLC assets only.

First teaser of new infanterists with retextured LDF uniform (lizard pattern by Oxi):

FdlBIH4.jpg

Best regards,

quarren

• Like 7

Okay, so I narrowed down the scope a bit:

I only want Vanilla Arma3 and Apex as dependencies - as such, infantry will have to do with a retextured AAF officer uniform and Tactical Chest Rigs (no LDF uniforms or kipchak vest):

LWlQo1M.jpg

And I started retexturing vehicles. They're gonna be a nice plain green color as a nod to 80s Tanoa's HIA. Thanks to CUP team for providing me with the HIL roundel. 🙂

Qilin and 4WD ATV:

L5bgf97.jpg

In general, these dudes are going to be pretty "low-tech", so no tanks, jets, or gear that feels _too_ specialized.

Best regards,

quarren

• Like 2

Texturing went very smoothly - vehicle lineup for a first release is gonna be this:

shkS0JW.jpg

As I stated, this version of Horizon Island's Armed Forces aren't going to be the best equipped, as they have basically just been established with help from CSAT.

Bonus screenshot of dirtied-up Marid and Mk18 EBR, which is going to be their DMR (found its way to their arsenal before CSAT "occupation").

CTOdorn.jpg

• Like 2

Resuming work after a short break with a retextured Caesar BTT used as a reconnaissance plane:

1KIlnfJ.jpg

cTck7Nw.jpg

The mod will soon be ready for a first public release.

Haven't forgotten about this but just recently got the motivation and time to finish it up for a first release.

Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2519262908

The basic goal of this mod is to add an "Old Man"-Era Horizon Islands Armed Forces faction mainly sponsored by CSAT (either formed shortly before, during, or in the aftermath of the happenings of Old Man).
As such, their arsenal is going to be CSAT-influenced with several non-CSAT additions from Tanoa's colorful past. Due to their very recent establishment, HIAF are pretty "low-tech", so no tanks, jets, or gear that feels _too_ specialized.
Their main antagonists are Syndikat/L'Ensemble guerrilas and covertly operating NATO agents.

• Like 2

Looks great overall. I like the minimalistic approach to this and not strive to make everything slightly different. The faction emblem look just slightly too bright and 'patched on' for me. Perhaps the colors are just a little too bright or the emblem is not 'worn' enough? Or it is just me 🙂

1 hour ago, joostsidy said:

Looks great overall. I like the minimalistic approach to this and not strive to make everything slightly different. The faction emblem look just slightly too bright and 'patched on' for me. Perhaps the colors are just a little too bright or the emblem is not 'worn' enough? Or it is just me 🙂

Yeah, I think you're right, it definitely pops too much on some of the vehicles - texture work is somewhat iffy in other areas as well. I will definitely get back to this mod in the future and fix it up some more. 🙂

• Like 1

Been wanting to work on this again for some time now... decided to rework most of it. 😄 I think I'll move away from the lizard pattern for something more modern (still fictional)... the basic concept will stay the same though: old man-era CSAT-sponsored Horizon Islands Armed forces and minimal dependencies. 🙂

7YwOFQT.png

Edit: Oh yeah, this is WIP obviously.

• Like 1

Decided to take another route with their camo pattern (courtesy of  Threule). Making some progress here I think.

72h19fZ.jpg

• Like 1

WIP: updated vehicle lineup.

vKu3Kxz.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, quarren_ said:

WIP: updated vehicle lineup.

Heavy IFV's dont really fit the ethos of a small & light island force? 🤔

Maybe the increased defense budget (🤭) can squeeze in some specialized wheeled vehicles like mortar carrier, ATGM variant, wheeled IFV, command vehicle with artillery computer etc etc instead? 

Camo looks nice.

4 hours ago, Rok Stuhne said:

Heavy IFV's dont really fit the ethos of a small & light island force? 🤔

Maybe the increased defense budget (🤭) can squeeze in some specialized wheeled vehicles like mortar carrier, ATGM variant, wheeled IFV, command vehicle with artillery computer etc etc instead? 

Camo looks nice.

Yeah, I see your point regarding the "BTR-K" type vehicles. I'd say they'd possess them in _very_ limited, single-digit numbers, provided by CSAT as "donations" (in exchange for advantageous trade agreements and access to natural resources, ofc) 😄

• Like 1

Now fully kitted:

BnA4SUm.jpg

They'll also have a specops unit specifically established to deal with Syndikat/L'ensemble insurgents, outfitted with the help of CSAT of course:

6nXZ6LH.jpg

• Like 1

WIP: CSAT-backed rearmament of the HIAF continues, presumably in order to put pressure on closeby NATO allies Australia and New Zealand.

FPLZKrdXMAEyIWX?format=jpg&name=large

[WIP] Just weeks after a previously proposed security agreement was signed by Horizon Islands and China, further arms shipments arrive at Blue Pearl Harbor.

FPlQNsLXIAMJlDs?format=jpg&name=large

Hello Quarren, do you have contact with Oxi, Therule and IndeedPete? I want add to BLUFOR gear and vehicles for myself (I don't want to publish anywhere my changes in your mod) and It could be great if you still have templates and textures (new from Therule and old retextured LDF from Oxi). I don't know that I have to have permission from them (Therule is not active since 2021).

Best regards.