My laptop can't run Arma 3 on its own so I use Nvidia's GeForce Now program to play it. As such, because of the access restrictions in place on the GeForce rigs, I can't access the scenario folders, but I can export to SQF and view the code in SQF form, if I do that can I edit the code in the editor? Does anyone know? If not is there any other way to script in the editor without needing to access the scenario files?

Out of curiosity how many FPS does Nvidia's GeForce Now program gives to Arma? Apart from that the missions you make in the editor are saved in the Documents folder of your pc. Those are .sqf and all the editing is done there. Once you are done with the mission you export it in a .pbo format. So if you can access the Arma 3 document Missions folder then all is good. There you create the scripts and all.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Out of curiosity how many FPS does Nvidia's GeForce Now program gives to Arma? Apart from that the missions you make in the editor are saved in the Documents folder of your pc. Those are .sqf and all the editing is done there. Once you are done with the mission you export it in a .pbo format. So if you can access the Arma 3 document Missions folder then all is good. There you create the scripts and all.

It varies, I've been able to play Arma 3 with anywhere from 60 fps to 120 fps. Also, I think the mission files are saved locally, I have tried that method, Arma 3 is installed on my laptop, but when I check after each session of GeForce, the missions folder is empty despite having saved and exported the mission

You can have NVidia drivers without need of GeForce (my case on laptop, I didn't notice any issue or poorer rendering).

46 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

You can have NVidia drivers without need of GeForce (my case on laptop, I didn't notice any issue or poorer rendering).

He's talking about Geforce Now, which is sort of a cloud-based computing/rendering service. You can play games on devices that are otherwise not capable.

The .pbo will not be in the documents folder but in the game directory. In the missions or mpmissions folder. In the documents only the .sqf format exists. Since you have the game on your laptop however I don't understand why the missions are deleted. You have to contact their support. 60-120 FPS is awesome by the way!

@JohnKalo He doesn't have game installed on his laptop - he's playing it via game streaming service GeForce Now - essentially, he watches a vid of himself playing game on a virtual machine that he has no access to otherwise.

@Varhastra With GeForce Now, when you save a mission in editor, it is saved only on that single instance of virtual/cloud computer you're connected to. However, when you log out of game, this instanced virtual machine is lost forever - and so are the files you "saved". The only workaround for this, would be publishing the mission to workshop in Eden Editor, but then I don't know how you'd download it on your laptop without having A3 installed.

1 hour ago, krzychuzokecia said:

@JohnKalo He doesn't have game installed on his laptop - he's playing it via game streaming service GeForce Now - essentially, he watches a vid of himself playing game on a virtual machine that he has no access to otherwise.

@Varhastra With GeForce Now, when you save a mission in editor, it is saved only on that single instance of virtual/cloud computer you're connected to. However, when you log out of game, this instanced virtual machine is lost forever - and so are the files you "saved". The only workaround for this, would be publishing the mission to workshop in Eden Editor, but then I don't know how you'd download it on your laptop without having A3 installed.

@krzychuzokecia I do have Arma 3 installed on my laptop the only issue is my laptop can't run it, otherwise I'd just do all my modding from my laptop. I was hoping that by installing Arma 3 on my laptop I'd be able to take advantage of the Steam Cloud and edit the files on my computer then do my in-editor work on GeForce now.

Arma 3 doesn't support Steam Cloud. Arma 3 Tools have Steam Cloud though, as it's needed for publishing files on Workshop.

If you have A3 on laptop, you can try to publish your mission on Workshop (as a private file), then subscribe to it. If you're able to open Arma main menu on laptop, then try to play your own subscribed mission - game will download it, and you'll have it on your laptop HDD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Arma 3 doesn't support Steam Cloud. Arma 3 Tools have Steam Cloud though, as it's needed for publishing files on Workshop.

If you have A3 on laptop, you can try to publish your mission on Workshop (as a private file), then subscribe to it. If you're able to open Arma main menu on laptop, then try to play your own subscribed mission - game will download it, and you'll have it on your laptop HDD.

I can open the launcher but that's it