Yyo

Respawn positions unlock after sector is captured

Hi all, I hope all is well. I ran into a problem when trying to make a sort of sector control/conquest game mode for just me and ai. After I finished the mission, the ai did go after the sectors but once they died, they either respawned on their dead corpse or just didn't respawn at the "Respawn Position". I set up the respawns to unlock after the sector was captured, which they worked because I was able to respawn on the "Respawn Positions". I wanted to ask if there is anyway for ai to respawn on the "Respawn Position" modules? Like would I have to add a line of code? I did figure out that ai do respawn on the map "Respawn" markers, but I couldn't figure out how to sync them to the "Unlock" logic. I am not sure if it's even possible haha. But am I able to accomplish this sort of mission? Also, sometimes the ai won't go after one of the sectors, I am unsure why but I will try to fix that in the mean time. But any help will be greatly appreciated! Take care

Edited by Yyo
I thought I would add a bit more info and possibly fit in another sort of issue I had with the sectors and the ai.

Hello! Try this.

IQRcSkC.png

However, while it will display a warning, side can still respawn on it while the sector is under siege, you will have to add further trigger conditions to stop people from spawning while ect Opfor is within sector.
Also as for two sides, simple do that same thing on the other side of sector with Opfor values and it will switch between them depending on which faction holds the sector.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, razzored said:

Hello! Try this.

file

However, while it will display a warning, side can still respawn on it while the sector is under siege, you will have to add further trigger conditions to stop people from spawning while ect Opfor is within sector.
Also as for two sides, simple do that same thing on the other side of sector with Opfor values and it will switch between them depending on which faction holds the sector.

Hey razzored, I hope all is well. I am fairly new to this forum thing so I don't know how to open the file you had posted. It doesn't allow me click on the file or anything, I am unsure if I am doing something wrong. Sorry for my stupidity haha. 

JEEZ, sorry, i guess the site removed it, i could see it after posting, but now i cant.
IQRcSkC.png
Lets try imgur instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, razzored said:

JEEZ, sorry, i guess the site removed it, i could see it after posting, but now i cant.
IQRcSkC.png
Lets try imgur instead.

Hey razzored! I hope all is well. I tried this method, but for some reason the ai refuses to spawn on these respawn position modules. I played the scenario in multiplayer, I set the respawn settings so that respawns only happen on custom positions, I killed an ai and they respawned on their corpse. I think I saw someone post in another topic about these respawn position modules, and they stated that these don't work for ai? Maybe setting up a mission and than sharing it with me might help or I can show you my mission and you can see what I am doing wrong? If for example, ai can't respawn on these modules (Respawn Positions), is it still possible to achieve the concept of ai respawning on sectors through another way? I know it works with the map marker "Respawn", but I don't think it's possible to set it up like this, to where you can make the respawn marker unlock for a side once the side has captured the sector. But thank you so much for all your help so far, razzored! I hope you have a nice weekend!

Hmm, try to send your mission and i will have a look at the method you used, see if I can set a condition ect for Ai respawning 🙂
I'm working this entire weekend, so at best i'll be able to look at it tomorrow (Sunday) sometime, else it won't be until Monday 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, razzored said:

Hmm, try to send your mission and i will have a look at the method you used, see if I can set a condition ect for Ai respawning 🙂
I'm working this entire weekend, so at best i'll be able to look at it tomorrow (Sunday) sometime, else it won't be until Monday 🙂

Alright, let me just change the units to vanilla and I will send it to you shortly! Thanks razzored! 

EDIT: here is the file

https://www.dropbox.com/t/PfhBj1EFmTHrSEAW

Edited by Yyo
added a file

quick question, have you managed to make any ai respawn at all? so far? using your method.
I noticed there are no scripts in the mission and I recall AI not being able to "respawn".
Mind you at the time of writing this, I have yet to open the mission in the editor.

3 hours ago, razzored said:

quick question, have you managed to make any ai respawn at all? so far? using your method.
I noticed there are no scripts in the mission and I recall AI not being able to "respawn".
Mind you at the time of writing this, I have yet to open the mission in the editor.

Hey razzored, I haven't got into scripts yet on arma 3. So no, there are no scripts in the mission file razzored. Sorry I didn't mention this earlier.

Finally looked in mission and i will post a reply in a few hours.. situation is .. eh, ill tell you what to do, setting up respawns for the spawnAI module works differently.
Also remember to setup a description if you want custom units.

47 minutes ago, razzored said:

Finally looked in mission and i will post a reply in a few hours.. situation is .. eh, ill tell you what to do, setting up respawns for the spawnAI module works differently.
Also remember to setup a description if you want custom units.

Hey razzored, sounds good! Thanks again, and also, is it something like this - " this setVariable[ "side", "East", true ];
this setVariable[ "faction", "LOP_ChDKZ", true ]; " for the custom factions to spawn in the spawnAI module? But I can do some research on that part, I don't want to waste any more of your time. Thanks for all your help razzored. 

Hello,
It will take me some more time to make the changes and send back to you (lots of work, before chrismas vacation).
However, to answer your question about factions, you need to define the classes in your "description.ext".
Here's an example of custom WEST faction.

Spoiler

class CfgGroups {

class west {

class myCustomWestFaction { //Name for your custom faction

class Infantry {    //SpawnAI module looks for this class

class myCustomWestInfGroup_1units {    //Can be called anything, name used for blacklisting

class unit0 {
                        vehicle = "B_Soldier_F";     //Class name of unit/vehicle
                        side = 1;                    //index of unit side being [ east, west, independent, civilian ]
                        rank = "SERGANT";            //rank name from CfgRanks
                        position[] = { 0, 0, 0 };    //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };
                };

class myCustomWestInfGroup_3units {    //Can be called anything, name used for blacklisting

class unit0 {
                        vehicle = "B_Soldier_F";    //Class name of unit/vehicle
                        side = 1;                   //index of unit side being [ east, west, independent, civilian ]
                        rank = "SERGANT";           //rank name from CfgRanks
                        position[] = { 0, 0, 0 };   //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };

class unit1 {
                        side = 1;                   //index of unit side being [ east, west, independent, civilian ]
                        rank = "PRIVATE";           //rank name from CfgRanks
                        position[] = { 5, -5, 0 };  //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };

class unit2 {
                        position[] = { -5, -5, 0 }; //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };

};

class myCustomWestInfGroup_6units {    //Can be called anything, name used for blacklisting

class unit0 {
                    };

class unit1 {
                    };

class unit2 {
                    };

class unit3 {
                        position[] = { 10, -10, 0 }; //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };

class unit4 {
                        position[] = { -10, -10, 0 }; //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };

class unit5 {
                        position[] = { 15, -15, 0 }; //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };

};
            };

class Motorized {};     //SpawnAI module looks for this class for
            class Mechanized {};    //SpawnAI module looks for this class
            class Armored {};       //SpawnAI module looks for this class
        };
    };

2 hours ago, razzored said:

Hello,
It will take me some more time to make the changes and send back to you (lots of work, before chrismas vacation).
However, to answer your question about factions, you need to define the classes in your "description.ext".
Here's an example of custom WEST faction.

Reveal hidden contents

class CfgGroups {

class west {

class myCustomWestFaction { //Name for your custom faction

class Infantry {    //SpawnAI module looks for this class

class myCustomWestInfGroup_1units {    //Can be called anything, name used for blacklisting

class unit0 {
                        vehicle = "B_Soldier_F";     //Class name of unit/vehicle
                        side = 1;                    //index of unit side being [ east, west, independent, civilian ]
                        rank = "SERGANT";            //rank name from CfgRanks
                        position[] = { 0, 0, 0 };    //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };
                };

class myCustomWestInfGroup_3units {    //Can be called anything, name used for blacklisting

class unit0 {
                    };

class unit1 {
                    };

class unit2 {
                    };

};

class myCustomWestInfGroup_6units {    //Can be called anything, name used for blacklisting

class unit0 {
                    };

class unit1 {
                    };

class unit2 {
                    };

class unit3 {
                        position[] = { 10, -10, 0 }; //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };

class unit4 {
                        position[] = { -10, -10, 0 }; //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };

class unit5 {
                        position[] = { 15, -15, 0 }; //offset position unit spawns from spawn point
                    };

};
            };

class Motorized {};     //SpawnAI module looks for this class for
            class Mechanized {};    //SpawnAI module looks for this class
            class Armored {};       //SpawnAI module looks for this class
        };
    };

Hey razzored, that is a lot of work. Razzored, I really don't want you to do all that for me. I appreciate it but that's a whole lot of work. I wasn't expecting it to be work that lasts that long. Hey razzored, don't stress yourself out with it. I am sorry if you started already but I don't want you to do all that haha. I appreciate all the help and all the feedback. I hope you have a nice thanksgiving razzored. Stay safe.

Thank you and likewise!
I will be celebrating early thanksgiving tomorrow actually, looking forward to some nice turkey and sweet mashed potatoes.

13 hours ago, razzored said:

Thank you and likewise!
I will be celebrating early thanksgiving tomorrow actually, looking forward to some nice turkey and sweet mashed potatoes.

haha awesome! Alrighty than razzored, thanks for all the help! Be safe and take care my friend