Hello all,
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere or if this is the wrong thread! I’m building some scenarios, and want to move the respawn position as the mission develops. I’ve been using the below activated by a trigger and with an appropriate marker:

"respawn_west" setmarkerpos (getmarkerpos "new_respawn");

And, this has worked excellently for all players in the scenario except me (the host)! I always spawn back at the initial spawn point. Is there a reason why this would not be working for the host but would work for the rest of the players?

Thanks, D.

Which parameters for your trigger?

Where your "respawn_west" marker comes from?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Which parameters for your trigger?

Where your "respawn_west" marker comes from?

So, as I'm writing this I think my error is becoming clear! The trigger is triggered by BLUFOR being present, condition is true, and on activation the above script. The marker is just a standard marker named new_respawn. Is the issue that, if no BLUFOR are in the trigger zone it'll revert back to the original respawn?

Thanks for the swift reply!

condition is true ? That means the trigger fires at start.  condition must be this if you want some result with presence of Blufor

If you have already some blufor in trigger area, the code will also fire at start. But there is no reason to revert back on previous position until you decide it by  script.

But what is exactly the respawn_west marker? (the second one is ok)

Sorry, no the condition is this. The respawn_west marker is a standard marker (from the military drawn group) which I've placed next to the respawn module.

The weird thing is, it works perfectly for other players in the game, but just not me as host! I always spawn back at the original spawn point  where the module, and original mark, are.

What about your module? a simple respawn position one? You don't need it.

What are your settings for respawn. I suggest you to set that in multiplayer menu from 3den.

Yeah, I have a simple respawn module in place, and it appears to be working fine. And the multiplayer settings (I am using 3den) seem fine. In fact, the system is working perfectly for anyone playing the scenario in an online coop/MP session, except me! As the mission progresses their spawn points move forward, but mine doesn't. I end up way back at the start, have to zeus myself a vehicle and trundle over to them.

I do have a zeus module down, not sure if that would make a difference?

Thanks again for your time and knowledge!

So, I understood that but I guess your respawn module is a simple "respawn position". You can delete it (you already have marker(s) named "respawn_...xx" . That's OK.

The multiplayer setting should be described:  respawn on custom position, select (or not) the respawnposition (I guess not..). That could be cool if you provide the info instead of writing the same thing.

And yes, try without Zeus.

• Like 1

Cool, I understand now. Sorry, I have misunderstood the necessity of the respawn module. I tried removing Zeus to no avail. However, I'll try removing the respawn module and see if that works!

Thanks,

Just in case anyone else reads this, and wasn't understanding the problem, like me; The issue was the respawn module, as I didn't need both the module and the marker entitled "respawn_west". Deleted it, and the problem was solved! Thanks @pierremgi for your help : )

• Like 3