bigshot

How to Only Take Damage from Bullets...is this possible?

Im working on updating my Duws mission, and have a scenario where you need to find the enemy HQ building and kill the officer inside of it...but I dont want players just blowing up the building from afar with rockets or bomb drops from Jtac for that matter. it would be played best if they could only kill him with any sort of bullets. While I already made the building itself indestructible he still dies from impact blasts from bombs and rockets.

Is there any way to script it so that he will only take damage from bullets, or a small hand grenade? (taking him from a distance via sniper rifle is also ok).

@bigshot,

Disable damage on the NPC,

this allowDamage false;

The NPC will need a "hitPart" Event handler,

this addEventHandler ["HitPart", {
	(_this select 0) params ["_target", "_shooter", "_projectile", "_position", "_velocity", "_selection", "_ammo", "_vector", "_radius", "_surfaceType", "_isDirect"];
if (_isDirect) then {_target setDamage 1};
}];

Other parameters ("_projectile", "_ammo") may be better than simply "_isDirect" but it's a start.

Have fun!

• Like 2

Thanks very much for this idea!... will have a go at it, although it says this EH wont run unless the shooter is local to the EH.

How might I get this to work if the server is a hosted one (non dedi) and a connected client makes the shot?

In init field of the unit to be shot by rifle/gun only

this addEventHandler ["handleDamage",{
params ["", "", "_damage", "", "_projectile"];
private _dam = 0;
if (_projectile isKindOf "BulletBase") then {_dam = _damage};
_dam
}];

• Like 2