specialsmith

IDEA: Dynamic Bulwarks (kind of) but PvP?

Hi all,

I have this idea for LAN-party multiplayer PvP game mode / mission, I would like to hear your views, ideas or pointers to already existing material, if you know some.

Main idea

Dynamic Bulwarks -type of mission, but with PvP setting. Half (or less) of the players defending the bulwark, like in the amazing original version by omNomios and Willtop with ability to buy structures and prepare the base for upcoming assault. And the other part of the team planning their attack from one of the four available spaw points around the defenders location.

The attackers would have certain amount of time, 15 or 20 minutes (changed in mission parameters) to kill all defenders and/or maybe to reach the flag at the bulwark, or something. Defenders would win if they manage to defend until the end of the time.

Defenders would have revive only, no respawn.

Attackers would have respawn also, and ability to spawn to the respawn vehicle that they could drive near to the target.

Both sides would gather points/money, that could be used to buy new weaponry, or structures/vehicles to make the assault or defense easier.

Most probably the mission would work best at night, and the amount of NV, light sources or thermal imaging equipment would be limited or completely absent. Maybe points could buy some better gear.

Some considerations

If the building mechanic would be like the one in Dynamic Bulwarks, the object should be not movable for the other side.

Careful balancing of gear, structures and point/money resources should be considered to make the game fun and balanced.

Attacking side should have few spawn options, to make defenders duty more difficult, and less predictable.

Would you think this is worth making? Would it be fun?

On 11/15/2020 at 9:21 AM, specialsmith said:

I guess this great looking mission from @galzohar checks many of the boxes.

Dynamic Take And Secure

It's a much simpler version than what you are describing (no buying/building, no revive, no respawn) but I think in some case this can be an advantage for the kind of gameplay you're looking for. For example, balancing of gear is much easier this way.

As my community haven't played in a long time, I hope no Arma updates broke anything.

There is also RHS and IDF mod support (optional), but again updates could have broken it since I made it.

So make sure to test before your game night!

On 12/2/2020 at 9:28 AM, galzohar said:

It's a much simpler version than what you are describing (no buying/building, no revive, no respawn) but I think in some case this can be an advantage for the kind of gameplay you're looking for. For example, balancing of gear is much easier this way.

As my community haven't played in a long time, I hope no Arma updates broke anything.

There is also RHS and IDF mod support (optional), but again updates could have broken it since I made it.

So make sure to test before your game night!

Your mission works fine! And we really enjoyed playing it in our LAN-party. 🙂 I think your mission actually ticks many of the boxes I was looking for. And actually, like you say, the simplicity may just be better than the complexity I envisioned... At least I am not pursuing the mission idea after I found the DTAS.