NightIntruder

[SOLVED] OB: sort faces option messes with animation axes, why?

I'm working on complex model animation-wise. After some long pause (1 year), I restarted my works on it. Unfortunately, after short time I realized some objects were shited, and were animated by weird, non-existant axes or by axes of different animations of the same model, only during Preview and in-game. Today, I found it is caused by "Faces->sort" option, which has obviously nothing to do with model.cfg and memory point LOD, at least to me.
Did anyone face such issue and could tell me please what the solution for this is. Yes, I have verified consistency of both Arma3 and A3Tools files, no change.
Object Builder ver. 2.3.0.0
Arma 3 Tools ver. 1.10.0.7403.

Cheers,
NI

I verified the problem isn't connected with sections count or sections misbehaviour described in the statement below (which could've been the case here, as I indeed worked on a backup model and copied selections to/from several times). I didn't find repathed textures as it wasn't port or change in model's namespace tho. I also reinstalled the A3 tools and checked against any verticies unwittingly shared between selections. However, the very distinctive behaviour of OB in my case is - the more selections I add to model.cfg to animate them, the more objects loose their animation axes and start rotating around random ones. Wierd...

1. When moving a model's namespace OR when port forwarding model content (see glossary below) the pathing to the textures are re-pathed to the new namespace or texture type, this can often be done less than optimally.
2. When copy/pasting faces from a model back in and manipulating them can often cause Oxygen or Object Builder to not associate the new face/texture with the section it was copied from.

Original post the quote was taken from: 

1 hour ago, NightIntruder said:

the more selections I add to model.cfg to animate them, the more objects loose their animation axes and start rotating around random ones. Wierd...

How many selections are you adding? There is a hardcoded limit for the number of bones you can have in a model. It's ~256 IIRC

• Thanks 1

Whaaaaat? Oh gosh.... Never heard about that, but of course I believe you. It's like 272 bones that I have in my addon at this moment. If it's the case, I can easily remove some to get the number sligtly below the limit, I suppose. Thanks a lot Monk! I've been tearing my hair out for two days thinking I was doing something wrong! Which, in fact, may be the case eventually 😉 

8 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

How many selections are you adding? There is a hardcoded limit for the number of bones you can have in a model. It's ~256 IIRC

Hey Monk, one more question tho. Does the limit include bones from MFD class in config.cpp?

I'm pretty sure it's just cfgSkeletons bones for animating the .p3d model, and class MFD bones are a completely separate thing

• Thanks 1

This will make things much simpler for me. Thank you, master Monk 🙂

PS. I can finally confirm that the problem was indeed caused by exceeding the bones limit in model. Reducing the bones in model.cfg restored the peace and order within my project. Thanks again.