juleshuxley

How to list all magazines that a weapon can take?

Looking at the arifle_MX_GL_Black_F's config suggests to me it can only take 100Rnd_65x39_caseless_black_mag magazines. This is stated in the magazines array entry:

magazines[] = {"100Rnd_65x39_caseless_black_mag"};

However, in game I find the rifle can take the 6.5 mm 30 Rnd Sand Mag

reload88.jpg
reload99.png

What gives? What's a surefire way I can find can get an array of magazine classes that a weapon will accept? I thought

_weaponAcceptedMagazines = getArray (configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weaponName >> "magazines");

was getting my acceptedMagazines but apparently not.

I believe this is a bug as this behaviour is present in vanilla:
whut.jpg

I'd be interested if a staff member could explain this bug, as I assumed all weapons got their accepted mags from their config and yet the arifle_MX_GL_Black_F seems to getting its accepted bags from somewhere else? Where? Spooky!

This - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_compatibleMagazines

Keep in mind too you've mentioned the GL variant of the MX, but then referenced the SW variant for the rest of the post, if that makes any difference to what you're doing.

57 minutes ago, juleshuxley said:

Looking at the arifle_MX_GL_Black_F's config suggests to me it can only take 100Rnd_65x39_caseless_black_mag magazines.

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_black_mag"};

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beno_83au said:

horrible post editing skills........

trumpfaces.gif

Thanks that function gets better results, I really need to remember to check the BIS functions

• Like 1

Things changed a while back, cannot remember exactly what version.

You need to look at the weapons muzzles magazineWell entry and then use that under CfgMagazineWells to lookup a list of compatible magazines.

• Like 1