Maciccio

Mod appears as a download from the web, not as a subscription

I created a mod and posted it in the Steam workshop. I uploaded the mod to my server and it works. The problem is that in the Arma3 launcher, when you join the server, it appears as to be downloaded from the site and not subscribable, and therefore automatically downloadable. Non-geeks don't log in from the Steam site to download the mod, they want everything ready. And so users are lost.
In the past I managed to put a mod and it was subscribable, I don't understand now what I did wrong.

Can anyone help me? It's a day that I try to make it but I can't

can you post a link towards that mod? not sure what you mean tbh

22 hours ago, PuFu said:

can you post a link towards that mod? not sure what you mean tbh

Normally in the launcher do "setup dlcs and mods and join". Do so and automatically download all mods and join the server.
In my case instead a drop-down menu appears and the only way to download the mod is to select "find on steam workshop". The steam website opens. You must log in to the site and subscribe to the mod. A little cumbersome operation that not everyone does

001.png

https://ibb.co/55XrtyY

The mod link is: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2281948260

If you want to try connecting to the server to see, the ip is: 161.97.100.172

5 minutes ago, burbigo4 said:

When I clicked on the link it appeared like a subscription for me

The problem is in the Arma 3 launcher not on the steam site

As always, getting an answer from an expert is impossible for me. And after so many attempts I succeeded alone.
If it can be useful to anyone ...
When you sign the mod with DSUtils, you don't need to force the V2 signature immediately, but first you sign normally, and immediately afterwards you overwrite the signature by forcing the V2.
So in the arma3 launcher the subscription to the mod works.

On 11/12/2020 at 6:49 PM, Maciccio said:

As always, getting an answer from an expert is impossible for me.

Not claiming to be an expert or anything of the sort but your mod you linked, looks to me like it dont need to be on the server

and will work client side, have you tested it by joining your server without the mod being on the server and just running it client side?

6 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Not claiming to be an expert or anything of the sort but your mod you linked, looks to me like it dont need to be on the server

and will work client side, have you tested it by joining your server without the mod being on the server and just running it client side?

It works in single player and also on servers.
I made another more complete mod than this one that takes the zoom out of vehicles as well.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2289604260&searchtext=no+zoom

• Like 1