juleshuxley

How to find out a weapon's reload time?

Ok so the reload time entry in the config file gives you the time it takes for a new round to enter the chamber, personally I think the name is confusing and should called chamberingTime or something. But anway this is how you get 'chambering time':

configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "CUP_Vlmg_M240_M1Abrams_Coax" >> "reloadTime"

But how do you get the reload time? I.e. the time taken for a new magazine to be inserted into the weapon? Or in the case of a vehicle, the time it takes to reload a different type of round? Reading through the entries with config viewer doesn't show me anything that's the new magazine reload time but maybe I've just missed it

God I'm an idiot, I believe it's

configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "CUP_Vlmg_M240_M1Abrams_Coax" >> "magazineReloadTime"

Might as well leave this up for googlers

@Von Quest, from the linked page it seems that reloadSpeed is also linked to the speed with which a unit changes its weapon. I believe that this is constant time, but I am not sure about it. So, this leads me to think that maybe reloadSpeed is linked to how fast the AI will decide to do one of the two actions (reload and change weapon). I can't be sure about it, but it is a nice new test for me to run :). I'll make sure to post here again if I get any "robust" results.

One thought though is if the reloadSpeed is a factor imposed on the "magazineReloadTime". Just a thought though... As I said, if I get any results I'll let you guys know...