Sign in to follow this  
Falcon91

Nogova ArmA 3

Hey guys,

I went looking for this in the forums but didn't find an answer before I decided to post.

Has BI ever thought of redoing Nogova? I know with it, the mountains in it updates in the graphics, as well as tree placement and etc. would make for some amazing missions, I can remember in OFP doing some major long range battles up their against players and AI, since the mountain pass was extremely hard to attack from any direction if the enemy was deployed correctly.

I was thinking of this while I was making a mission tonight on Altis, and thought the mountains of Nogova would make a perfect area for the ending of my mission.

• Like 2

Unless they have another Argo-like Incubator project in the making, the chances of a Nogova remake are less than zero. You can already download and play a remade version provided by the CUP team anyway.

• Like 1

Creating a terrain at the professional level of BIS takes a tremendous amount of resources and time. It is very hard to justify using these resources to remake an existing terrain which is also already 'remade' by modders. The nostalgia factor won't work with newer players and it might seem to the public as lacking ambition (in contrast to Tanoa for instance). They did remake one of the old smaller terrains and I think that was super cool! I think that realistically that was the most we could ask for in terms of blast from the past. 🙂