Jalalabad terrain 28km x 28km,  m1lkman and myself have been working on jbad for the last 3-4 years so thought it was time to put up a WIP to show what you can expect from the terrain it has large mountain ranges with the river flowing through and a massive Greenzone following the river coarse up to the large city area with Airport and stadium.

The terrain will be feature heavy for infrastructure and locations designed for long term missions Alive, we have adapted and opened up the the power station and added in  power lines for protecting or if playing opfor destroying, other noteworthy locations are  oil drilling facility, fuel refinery, fuel depo's and other such needed services along with governmental offices and buildings with Taliban infrastructure so both sides will have multiple locations and objectives.

Currently the first 14km x 14km tile is near ready with another 2 x14km tiles under way just leaving the city to fill once the other 3 tiles are completed. 

Any questions or for early beta testing when ready jump on the jbad discord to get the latest intel.5AF0E1E11B47D6103B655F431EB494333A6993ED 

8EC4C836AC64D78D0C0EBA27BD11E78C3855B9640CB50C25E205031D0DF4593B35315FBE49D1AF4EFA4B868CEAE06636F8E52CA71334259AB8D9C31D21AE5AB256CAEE28DFAD8AD8CD64B3005B9D6D355F32D504CFC3AA796FF6AE2ED7BF149A3727B2785F0D947F07B9951FA575E047040AEDECE45B3C98

5956C8579129592B98A3B9C1AE75C2BCF72F081D

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Power station has been opened up and has breakers in to cut power destroy in missions, Opx police station got updated nice work M1lk 

• Like 5

Been watching the Seal Team tv series ( i dont own a tv so on utube) 😉

and theres a few episodes based in Jalalabad, funny because as soon as i seen that it reminded me of your map here.

Your map is already stiring up ideas for missions will be great when released!

• Like 3

On 11/6/2020 at 11:05 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

Been watching the Seal Team tv series ( i dont own a tv so on utube) 😉

and theres a few episodes based in Jalalabad, funny because as soon as i seen that it reminded me of your map here.

Your map is already stiring up ideas for missions will be great when released!

Mate! Same, I'm up to Season 3. and Jbad was an interesting story arc in 2.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 8:36 PM, Sierra-G339 'Digger' said:

I'm up to Season 3

Funny you mentioned that, i actually just got done with the 1st episode of season 3! 😄

Ya the Jbad story was crazy, and i cant believe how many episodes it had all revolving around who and how did they kill the other seal team, some of the things they

do put you on the edge of your seat like when something happens you think the worst and now this guy isn't coming back, then they surprise you later, but they some how tell

the story well and dont forget it and integrate it in without being sudden about it.

Its very well written, the acting is so professional too, they Seal team actors themselves had to have gone through training with some seals in order to look

and act the part, i mean when i watch it, its so convincing that they are seals.

Love that show, love the seals, but these guys are Tier 1, best of the best, its amazing to watch their coordination, and skill in action most

especially when they enter rooms, work halls, and areas.

I would really love to have a team again to do the same as i did in RO Ost 41-45 and training for 1 life realism matches against other units back in the day, i seriously love that

coordination, communication, the efficient use of tactics and the team having an open mind on the best approach to an objective,

being connected and in sync with your brothers in arms, the comradery says it all, i made ALOT of friends close and far, the beauty of what was, is the memory

of those great times it created things i can look back on and reminiscence, whats cool is i still have friends that are around whom i can chat about those times with.

This map here will be another great map to add to the desert themed arena to play in for Arma3, seriously we are 7 years ahead, 7 years old in this game

and here we have these awesome members of the community still working on projects as if the game just released last month, i love the freshness and the zeal

our community content creators have, just goes to show the love for the game, and how inspired folks are to create something exciting that we all can play on when its released.

Whats funny is, this is just a map, by itself it does nothing until you load it up in the editor and put something on it, it also shows how much something like this inspires players to

create something for this map either for themselves or for the community.

When you look at your AAA games out today and compare it to what we have here and what the community has created, it shows how much more

diverse and deep this game really is, i mean the whole core of this game is not what everyone likes to play but what your able to play because the community made that possible,

BI supplied the platform and some assets, the replayability is insane.

Props to smokedog3para for working on this map allowing the community to further extend this games' greatness in content to be released!

• Like 5

cheers Gunter comments like this go along way, terrains are time consuming draining really when it is a big one i agree it is all about the community and the open nature of arma to mod and create the nights i have had with gaming units and friends i have never seen will have some long lasting memories and life long friendships come from it, we enjoy seeing all the missions and youtube vids of the community enjoying the terrains once jbad is done i have an extensive list of terrains i made for a2 unrealeased we will work through to bring to arma3  another 12 terrains sat here Belfast being the first one we will work on as i have it in arma3 currently so have enough to keep you guys going for a few years more.

I have started the bottom left tile over the last couple of days as i needed a break from the top left which is almost complete just on the tidy up, Sanchez has more time to help out so he is currently on the top right section filling it in game and gets imported into tb which i think works well and is pushing it on , M1lkman is opening up buildings and adding in anything we can make more mission based for objective based objects to interact with so for power station you you can enter and open the breaker box to cut power. 

• Like 2

Welcome, cant really fathom what it takes to create a terrain, must be alot of research that goes into it, im just blown away at the details and realism

for a game at least that you have put into it. The ideas too to get it all into place as well as the dedication and commitment to it to me thats not something to take for

granted, why i really have alot of respect for terrain makers and those of you who can code and script.

It goes to show that theres more then meets the eye in this game, most new players to this have the faintest idea unless they have experience

of whats involved, behind the scenes so to speak, most only see whats on the main menu, and run for MP, some even think this is just an MP game 😄

could be farther from the truth.  Its guys like you that enable this game to be as replayable as it is, i do agree very much on playing with friends

thats what i love about this game, you meet so many fantastic creative people from around the world.

Your video is pretty cool btw i like how you put actual war reporting in the background it makes it believable.

A suggestion if your interested, i noticed you are using bandicam to record your videos, you ever hear of OBS?

Its a free program that is constantly updated https://obsproject.com/

i use it myself with my videos, you can do alot of things, wont cost you anything, and theres no watermarks, and there is no draw on performance when you run it

as it captures an open screen.  Anyways on another note, your other map Sangin District Helmand Province.V4 i posted some feedback there

im sure you may have seen it, issue with the craters there. Keep up the good work, and looking forward to this! Cheers!

hi Gunter yes i did see your message i used the explosion textures and models from a2oa so not sure what is effecting the texture but will try and get that fixed i tested a3 ones in place of the ported a2 ones and had the same result so not sure why they can be placed in game and work as normal but placed in terrain builder has this effect in game on the player. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smokedog3para said:

so not sure what is effecting the texture

Cant really help you on this issue other then report and give ideas maybe as i never built terrains before, but im wondering instead of

placing textures, place crater objects instead and then bake it into the map, the term "bake" i learned from a friend who built a terrain of his own.

So the object becomes part of the map.

You could keep the indent in the ground already, remove the texture and just replace the indent of the crater and place the crater object in there and adjust

its height to make it look believable and part of the map, take something from the empty section.

If you go to empty in the editor, type in crater in the search a list of decals, and actual craters are listed there, the most suitable ones are from Contact, you could

take that model of the shell crater (large) and put it in place of the ones you have textures set for, as they are actual models vs a texture

so it would be impossible to have an issue with them.

There is also smaller sizes

• shell crater (medium)
  • shell crater (small)

that would be ideal, just some ideas for you whether that would work idk you would know better but this is

thinking outside the box so to speak. Hope that helps.

I am extremely interested to see how this is going to turn out.

You have done an amazing job so far, looks beautiful. Keep up the good work.