BlackbirdSD

Again AI isnt seeing me

I have been using the same mission for months and today gave 5 AI friendly's a placement of 500 and now when I play, the AI doesnt see me.  I then deleted the mission and pasted in a backup from before the change and still the AI doesnt see me.  Any ideas?

Thanks

• Confused 1

You have to givemore details. What do you mean the friendly AIs cannot see you? 

You might as well have worded your post as "I play game but now game not play like game, why game not work"

Jokes aside, make sure player isn't captive or hidden:

player setCaptive false;

player hideObjectGlobal false;

Other than that, the AI needs certain AI features enabled (All are enabled by default though) to function normally, such as Bob enableAI"target" and Bob enableAI"autoTarget".  Lastly, the AI group's behavior will not become alerted if their behavior is set to careless. Try setting all AI group behaviors to anything but careless.

Not sure i understand that OP but I can tell you to never, ever allow your AI to look at themselves in a mirror...ever...!!

You've been warned

• Haha 2

Ok first of all this is a mission that I have had no issues with for months.  Me and my friend start in a parachute and there is a huge amount of ai on the map.

Yesterday I added a placement radius for about 6 friendly AI's.  After that when I play, I can walk right up to the enemy and they do not see me and do not shoot me even if I shoot at them.  They do however see me when I'm coming down on the parachute at the start of the mission.  Once on the ground they don't see me.

I only made the one change with the placement radius and no other changes.  I also took a backup copy of my mission from prior to the change I made and still I have the same problem.

So are they supposed to be looking at you then, or following you, or something else? This is still pretty vague.

1 hour ago, beno_83au said:

So are they supposed to be looking at you then, or following you, or something else? This is still pretty vague.

"After that when I play, I can walk right up to the enemy and they do not see me and do not shoot me even if I shoot at them."  How is this vague?  Doesn't the enemy shoot at you in any mission you play?

First of all, say your mods. It's not an Arma bug. You probably run a mod or a scenario script that makes you captive. If this occurs for any mission, that's a mod.

What you can do also: Steam >> library >> arma - right click >> properties >> local files >> verify integrity of the game files.

• Like 1

@BlackbirdSD,
Check sides,

Spoiler

you_fnc_seeSides={	params [["_state", false, []]];
	while {_state} do {
		private _side= side cursorTarget;
		if !(_side== sideUnknown) then {
		hint str _side;
		sleep 1;
		}; 
	}; 
}; 
[true] spawn you_fnc_seeSides;

Have fun!

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

First of all, say your mods. It's not an Arma bug. You probably run a mod or a scenario script that makes you captive. If this occurs for any mission, that's a mod.

What you can do also: Steam >> library >> arma - right click >> properties >> local files >> verify integrity of the game files.

Wow that worked, Thank you!  Just curious, why did that work? 

Spoke too soon.  Worked once then second time i tried, 4 enemy walked right past me and didnt care.

1 hour ago, wogz187 said:

@BlackbirdSD,
Check sides,

Reveal hidden contents

you_fnc_seeSides={	params [["_state", false, []]];
	while {_state} do {
		private _side= side cursorTarget;
		if !(_side== sideUnknown) then {
		hint str _side;
		sleep 1;
		}; 
	}; 
}; 
[true] spawn you_fnc_seeSides;

Have fun!

Does this go in the initPlayerLocal or onPlayerResapwn?

The validating thing worked but thanks for the info.

@BlackbirdSD,

Does this go in the initPlayerLocal or onPlayerResapwn?

I was aiming for the debug console.

Have fun!

29 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

And what about your mods?

Im using 3den Enhanced, CBA_A3 and JSRS SOUNDMOD.  Same mods ive always been using without any issue.

What do you have your allegiance set to in the editor?

Go to here ----> Attributes -----> General

then go to bottom of that screen and you see the box with the blue and red, one is a handshake or crossing swords which means combat.

At the left to those boxes it says Independent allegiance then you click on either blufor (left box blue color) or Opfor (right red box).

If blufor box (blue) is a handshake it means independent is allegiance to them, or allied (friendly), same for Opfor, if crossing swords with bluefor or Opfor, then

they are your enemy.

8 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

What do you have your allegiance set to in the editor?

Go to here ----> Attributes -----> General

then go to bottom of that screen and you see the box with the blue and red, one is a handshake or crossing swords which means combat.

At the left to those boxes it says Independent allegiance then you click on either blufor (left box blue color) or Opfor (right red box).

If blufor box (blue) is a handshake it means independent is allegiance to them, or allied (friendly), same for Opfor, if crossing swords with bluefor or Opfor, then

they are your enemy.

Blue is a handshake and red are swords

11 minutes ago, BlackbirdSD said:

Blue is a handshake and red are swords

The weird thing is when im falling in the parachute, the enemy sees me just fine from long range and shoots at me but once on the ground I can run up to the same enemy and they ignore me.  The enemy sees the Blufor (side im on) AI and engages them and Blufor sees Opfor but its just me and my friend that they arent seeing. 

I just deleted my mission then copied and pasted a backup of the same mission from a month ago that had no issues and the enemy still doesnt see me.  Does the game have a cache that remembers mission names that I need to delete?  Why when I load a working from a month ago does the enemy still not see me?  OMG this is frustrating!

I changed the name of the mission and changed the name of the mission folder and still no good.

Edit a very light scenario in editor. Say a group BLUE and a group RED, with same mods as your mission.

If there is no problem, share your mission folder (the culprit).

If there is a problem, one of your mod is corrupted.

15 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Edit a very light scenario in editor. Say a group BLUE and a group RED, with same mods as your mission.

The problem im having is on Altis but I have the same mission on Malden.  Both the same mods being used and the Malden map works fine.  

15 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Not sure if you remember this but I had the same problem on Livonia and you looked at my mission but said it was unplayable.  This mission has 917 AI units on the map and yes it is more than playable for me.  I worry you will have the same issues if I send you the current one.

Posted July 6
  On 7/6/2020 at 10:06 PM, BlackbirdSD said:
Thanks for taking a look.  You are obviously way beyond me for skills of making missions.  I dont fully understand alot of what you are saying about the mods.  I have never and will never be publishing any missions.  I just play with 1 friend and we have a good time with it. 

What do you mean "a glance at your code instead of playing a scenario where nothing occurs, the player is stuck"?  The mission itself works fine, you start in a chute and try to make your way to the other side of the map. 

What does "CBA is for your patrols, I guess, your bad." mean?  Are you saying CBA and JSRS shouldn't be used? 

All you need to do to test this is open it in the editor and plop down a guy and see if your spotted.  Of everything you mentioned, I didn't see you comment on whether or not you experienced my problem of AI not seeing each other or how to fix it.

Thanks for taking a look.

I mean:

your scenario pboed can't run without JSRS mod  for nuts. JSRS should be a player's choice. So, before you pboed (or published) you should save the scenario without any useless mod for running it. JSRS is not mandatory for any scenario, but your scenario don't start without it.

I finally succeeded in launching the mission in 3den, multiplayer (as there is no player, just a playable unit).

It's not a script question because you don't script too much (5 active sqf after start 😄) but your editor is crowded!

We start with more than 800 units. I didn't check but plenty of units have init scripts for loadout. My FPS is 10 to 12, with a i7-7700K SSD and NVidia 980 GTX. Not the brand newest config but...

Definitely, with all units and all scripted waypoints (not counted as active scripts), there is no chance to make it run properly.

• Sad 1

900+ units?

Don't search further. All that FSMs kills the scheduler process. AIs are dumb. You can see slight differences perhaps with maps, but that depends on (terrain) objects also (trees, houses in sight of player). So, it's your scenario, definitely.

• Like 2

Ha! I should have jumped in several days ago....

I was going to say it sounds like you have WAY TOO many things going on. It needs to time load and process it all (if even possible).

Practice running scripts/triggers to spawn/despawn as you go. And/or just WAIT a longer time to let it all process. There is also a Simulation Manager Module to pause things further away on the Map.

Simulation Manager (Module) - sorry, no Wiki

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_moduleSimulationManager

(Modules are found under "Systems" in the Editor)

Dynamic Simulation (Editor Settings & Scripting)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dynamic_Simulation

• Like 4