Sign in to follow this  
hightechlowlife

Everything broke after restart

I've been playing for a week or so on the same server and randomly after a restart I started getting .pbo errors.  No mods had updated, the server hadn't updated.  Unsubbed and deleted the offending mods (RHS, which i had just updated a few days prior) only to start getting core Arma issues about bushes and jets and whatnot.  Went on the discord for the server and the owner informed me that this was a known bug that some players seem to get.  Per instructions, verified twice without playing and changed the launch options, adding "-profiles=Profiles" after "Arma 3" in the parameters.  Tried the server again and got kicked after about 30 seconds for Addons/Air_F.pbo.  Tried the second fix (BI recommended) and changed the launch option to "-malloc=system" and rejoined the server.  Played about 5 minutes and was kicked for Arma 3/Jets error.  

I was told that resubbing and redownloading wouldn't accomplish anything so here i am at my wits end.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

The information from the server owner:

we had some players with this bug
try this

Verify your game files twice in a row without starting the game. This, for some reason is thoroughly checks and redownloads certain files in A3.

Arma 3 in steam > Properties > General > Set launch options.

Once this menu is open, paste in your Arma 3 directory path. Looks something like C:..../steam/steamapps/common/Arma 3

(Change ... with your proper directory)

Then do a spacebar behind 'Arma 3' and type -profiles=Profiles

So it should look like 

C:..../steam/steamapps/common/Arma 3 -profiles=Profiles

This changes the folders A3 saves and updates your profiles to. Creating a new one that isn't read only, giving access denied then eventually crashing your game.

Start game, see if it runs longer.

If this doesn't work, try this.

Arma 3 in steam > Properties > General > Set launch options.

Paste in your A3 directory again, and behind it type 

C:..../steam/steamapps/common/Arma 3 -malloc=system

Close and launch.

This is the way recommended by BI, but doing the first can work too. There's no ''best fix''.
This will likely fix your issues. Even reinstalling A3, removing all associated folders won't work, but what is mentioned above will. Don't ask me why, I'm not a BI developer.
I can't stress it enough, the last issue you have can't be resolved by reinstalling A3 or the mods, so don't waste your time on doing that please.

Update:  The -malloc=system work finally worked for me but now a friend is encountering the same issue and it's not working for him.  We've tried different servers with the same results.  On the main server we play i've noticed more and more people getting .pbo errors, fixing them, only to get another immediately.  The server owner claims its an Arma issue, and reinstalling windows may be the only fix.

I hate to hope that the issue grows, but it seems if more and more people are experiencing it, BI will eventually have to take a look at it.

Hello, who are you renting from?

Is Arma3's version on the server the latest game version which is the 2.00?

So your pbo errors are what vanilla game or with mods loaded or both?

Can you post the server's RPT?

Open it in notepad, copy it, paste it here in a spoiler or paste it here https://justpaste.it/

publish it, and share the link.