Wow, you always come with surprises! Great news, thanks for sharing! I don't think I've ever seen such a handguard before...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Disgusting_Man said:

Wow, you always come with surprises! Great news, thanks for sharing! I don't think I've ever seen such a handguard before...

It is basically a tube with a rail and some holes. 😄

nCXdLlg.jpg

DEVGRU used them before switching to the new Noveske rifles last year.

nVqmxhz.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fingolfin said:

That would completely blow up the file size since all the weapon accessories would need additional models for the woodland versions. Right now, there are over 350 models in the mod for the optics alone (granted, some for different colors/camos). Not to mention the time it would take to make the textures and (more annoying) make them look right in ArmA.

Understood, and thanks for the reply.  Fortunately, your stuff and RHS's stuff can mix and match so well. 

That said, I think you and Soul_Assasin had discussed making the either the PEQs or the LA-5s cross-compatible on your weapons at some point.  Was that technically feasible or a no-go?  With the current version, the lasers (and I forget if it's RHS lasers/lights on your guns or vice versa) don't always sit right.  I can't remember if it was an "easy" fix, but just remember the discussion, at some point.  If it's not something you're interested in, totally understand.

Regardless, again, thanks for the continued work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gatordev said:

That said, I think you and Soul_Assasin had discussed making the either the PEQs or the LA-5s cross-compatible on your weapons at some point.  Was that technically feasible or a no-go?  With the current version, the lasers (and I forget if it's RHS lasers/lights on your guns or vice versa) don't always sit right.  I can't remember if it was an "easy" fix, but just remember the discussion, at some point.  If it's not something you're interested in, totally understand.

Regardless, again, thanks for the continued work.

No, we didn’t. To make the Tier One accessories available on RHS weapons (apart from the ones that already have them) is a pretty simple config change, but it would result in some minor and major clipping of the models (like you said). That cannot be avoided. For some people this isn’t a bit deal, for some it is. I won’t do it to avoid all the bug reports/complains. But everyone is free to write a small config adding my accessories to RHS’ weapons and vice-versa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, fingolfin said:

No plans. I haven't seen the LA5 in black for about ten years and have never seen a NGAL in the field with US SOCOM.

Ah, no worries. Just thought it'd be nice for aesthetics 😛

"How many accessories should I put on the rifle?" - "Yes."

p9XHPQs.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Disgusting_Man said:

Nice Wilcox RAPTAR! Will it be fully functional? Truly hyped about new update!

It will not offer all features (no IR laser, visible laser or IR flood), but the scopes equipped with a Raptar-S will have a rangefinder. Like many things in ArmA it will be a bit of a cheat because the range will be displayed in the reticle, not on the Raptar.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

It will not offer all features (no IR laser, visible laser or IR flood), but the scopes equipped with a Raptar-S will have a rangefinder. Like many things in ArmA it will be a bit of a cheat because the range will be displayed in the reticle, not on the Raptar.

Understood! Thanks!

• Like 1

NGALs just started rolling out with SF and 75th rangers to replace the LA-5, there's a few pics of them being used along with some of the other block III stuff. but probably not a huge priority still.

14 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

NGALs just started rolling out with SF and 75th rangers to replace the LA-5, there's a few pics of them being used along with some of the other block III stuff. but probably not a huge priority still.

NGALs are already available on the RHS block IIs and will also come for the URGIs (including combos with the WMX200).

• Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 7:31 PM, fingolfin said:

DEVGRU used them before switching to the new Noveske rifles last year.

Are those new Noveske rifles a possibilty in the future? Or do they already exist in some other mod I missed?

37 minutes ago, coffeeshock said:

Are those new Noveske rifles a possibilty in the future? Or do they already exist in some other mod I missed?

In the future? Yes. But not in the next update. I’m not sure how many new model parts would be needed. The handguard for sure and the Magpul SL-K stock most used. The upper and lower show no differences to most other AR-15s at the first look but I am not sure on this.

4 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

In the future? Yes. But not in the next update. I’m not sure how many new model parts would be needed. The handguard for sure and the Magpul SL-K stock most used. The upper and lower show no differences to most other AR-15s at the first look but I am not sure on this.

The upper receiver is also different, one guy already made a nice one for GTA5. Here are some reference pics and other infos:

https://gta5-mods.com/weapons/noveske-nsr-9

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40523/about-those-custom-rifles-navy-seals-were-seen-carrying-on-a-recent-training-mission

https://railscales.tumblr.com/image/653729905715150848

https://railscales.tumblr.com/post/650819495909310464/mlok-monday-noveske-105-300blk-rs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coffeeshock said:

I am pretty sure that one day we will see Noveske rifle in great quality in this mod. But if you need it right now you can find it in TFL mod. Maybe it's the same model from your first link))

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Disgusting_Man said:

I am pretty sure that one day we will see Noveske rifle in great quality in this mod. But if you need it right now you can find it in TFL mod. Maybe it's the same model from your first link))

Let’s please not discuss “private” mods (to put it in the kindest possible way) here in this thread.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Let’s please not discuss “private” mods (to put it in the kindest possible way) here in this thread.

OK! Sorry, just wanted to help coffeeshock.

13 hours ago, fingolfin said:

The upper is a Gen III Upper Receiver, very similar to the BCM MK2. The FA is moved forward to avoid interference with the sling, while the left side is reinforced to minimize POI shift when any external force on the handguard is changed.

The lower is a Gen I Lower Receiver, basically a mil-spec one w/o any ambi control and enlarged magwell that are popular in the civilian market. Most JSOC HK416 lowers I have seen also doesn't include any ambi fire selectors.

If you want more info, you can visit the Noveske NSWDG / DEVGRU / SEAL Team 6 Carbine - Pics, Discussion, Clones thread on AR15.COM. Also check out tinycrumb's Reddit post and IG account. He was the first one to post the details on the internet.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 9:56 AM, Disgusting_Man said:

It is the same, the gta one is an updated and a more accurate model. Rail was also remodeled for the 3rd time lol
NSR_Test.png

Looking forward to the next update, especially some of those higher magnification optics and NV attachments! Appreciate all the hard work and effort to bring us some quality content.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Any chance for some alt variants of carbines with slightly more extended stocks so there won't be a gap between shoulders and the rifles? It's something that bugs me with most Arma guns...

EDIT: nvm I think it's more of an animation/stance issue... god I miss A2 animations.

4 hours ago, Operator1984 said:

HI, any plans on adding AFSOC's new 12.5in LMT SPECWAR?

I'm out of the loop. Which unit has it?

1 hour ago, ljcsteam said:

I'm out of the loop. Which unit has it?

AFSOC (Air Force Spec Ops Comm) - literally says so in the post )