Fantastic mod,i wonder something,is hk416a5 possible for this mod? 

I am not sure about any Us Tier 1 unit is using it but it could be very nice with all attachments and optics that this mod have

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:17 PM, fingolfin said:

It is really on the border of what ArmA can handle. 😬

125x zoom:shoot:

Spoiler

2c3ce9ac74d6.jpg

7b539d567dc1.jpg

5 hours ago, sammael said:

That's definitely not as much as 125x zoom using Arma's standard 0.25/magnification calculation for optics zoom.

This is what a man-size target looks like at 2,300m with just 22x zoom (opticsZoom 0.25/22 = 0.0113636*) and the targets are already larger than "125x" in your screenshot. 125x is a factor of 5.7 times greater than this level of magnification, and would look approximately like this.

Arma seems to simply ignore magnification values that are too high (In engine terms, FOV too small). I am not sure what the maximum value is (I might try different discretefov[] = (stepped zoom) values later to see if I can gauge how high Arma will let you go). But having tried to replicate 125x zoom it, the limit is definitely smaller than 125x (opticsZoom 0.25/125 = 0.002), because my scope simply lost the ability to zoom beyond the smallest supported FOV value out of the three opticsZoom(Min/Max/Init) parameters that describe the zoom capabilities of a scope.

ACE arsenal will however still read the maximum magnification value from the config. So the Arsenal is just telling you a value that doesn't actually work

• Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 4:32 PM, Rainyday68 said:

Fantastic mod,i wonder something,is hk416a5 possible for this mod? 

I am not sure about any Us Tier 1 unit is using it but it could be very nice with all attachments and optics that this mod have

No plans for HK416A5s and I think US SOF only use HK416Ds.

8 hours ago, sammael said:

3 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

That's definitely not as much as 125x zoom using Arma's standard 0.25/magnification calculation for optics zoom.

This is what a man-size target looks like at 2,300m with just 22x zoom (opticsZoom 0.25/22 = 0.0113636*) and the targets are already larger than "125x" in your screenshot. 125x is a factor of 5.7 times greater than this level of magnification, and would look approximately like this.

Arma seems to simply ignore magnification values that are too high (In engine terms, FOV too small). I am not sure what the maximum value is (I might try different discretefov[] = (stepped zoom) values later to see if I can gauge how high Arma will let you go). But having tried to replicate 125x zoom it, the limit is definitely smaller than 125x (opticsZoom 0.25/125 = 0.002), because my scope simply lost the ability to zoom beyond the smallest supported FOV value out of the three opticsZoom(Min/Max/Init) parameters that describe the zoom capabilities of a scope.

ACE arsenal will however still read the maximum magnification value from the config. So the Arsenal is just telling you a value that doesn't actually work

That and reticles become pretty much useless at a certain magnification because the point of impact is below the field of view. Of course, this does not happen with the vanilla zeroing system but for ACE ballistics there is a limit of what magnification still makes sense.

Anyway, since the ATACR 7-35x56 F1 is out (see below) only the B.E.A.S.T. remains and a magnification of 25 is something that works well in ArmA.

I have heard back from BattleStateGames and the model indeed was ripped. It will be removed from CGTrader and of course will not be part of the mod. Anyway, the reticle I had planed for the 7-35x56 will. Here is the TREMOR3 on the B.E.A.S.T.:

Z0M9CKt.png

I also revamped Kiory’s SR-25s with some model parts from the M110k1 and some other assets. They will have mag-proxies and work with the RHS grip system. Variants will be base SR-25, EC, ECC and E2.

ySf2gMw.png

Last but not least: Thanks to Ardy the EXPS3 will become a bit more realistic with a cable that holds the battery cap.

iAVUGMt.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

So the Arsenal is just telling you a value that doesn't actually work

I undermined that  , but I thought most likely the problem was in the reticle  since it is not properly scaled)

7 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Here is the TREMOR3 on the B.E.A.S.T.:

This is AMAZING

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, Rainyday68 said:

All right then,sad but i got it,what about Sig Mcx with folding visor stock ? https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/26/sig-sauer-folding-visor-stock/

is there any chance?

For addon suggestions please use the correct thread: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/232367-arma-3-addon-request-thread/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ljcsteam said:

This is a US SOF mod. Stop suggesting European things...

The mcx is already in the mod, he was asking if it was possible to have a folding stock, how is that an "european thing"?

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 12:44 PM, Rainyday68 said:

All right then,sad but i got it,what about Sig Mcx with folding visor stock ? https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/26/sig-sauer-folding-visor-stock/

is there any chance?

On 2/24/2021 at 2:41 PM, ljcsteam said:

1 hour ago, red_spring said:

The mcx is already in the mod, he was asking if it was possible to have a folding stock, how is that an "european thing"?

European or not, as long as nobody makes a model for it and it is seen in US service, it won't be in the mod. But more MCX variants will come as soon as certain models are available.

In the meantime, I have reworked the HK416 Geissele rail attachments according to CAG reference pictures. The flashlights are now all on the one or five o’clock positions and the pressure pads on the twelve or nine o’clock. Some small texture improvements were made and some new small accessories made it into the mod.

dI8Hn8q.png

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

European or not, as long as nobody makes a model for it and it is seen in US service, it won't be in the mod. But more MCX variants will come as soon as certain models are available.

Yep, my point was that it wasn't an european thing either so I don't know where he pulled that out from. Good to hear that there are more MCX coming though. The hk rework looks sweet, thanks a bunch for the hard work you put into the mod. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, ljcsteam said:

there was a guy that holding mcx with folding visor stock with us flag on his helmet and  his vest in link that i shared,i didn't know that he was european,sorry my bad

Are you able to make the hk416 laser attachments available to all weapons? I mean so that it could used with other hk416 variants not in your mod

On 2/26/2021 at 8:29 AM, Rainyday68 said:

there was a guy that holding mcx with folding visor stock with us flag on his helmet and  his vest in link that i shared,i didn't know that he was european,sorry my bad

The guy you mentioned is Lucas Botkin. He's a US civilian and competition shooter and CEO of T-Rex Arms. I did not say he's a European. I said the stock is a European thing because it is mainly designed for European market. A lot of European LE units use large face visors/armors which makes it almost impossible to use any traditional buttstock design, hence why its a European thing. There's no need to use this stock if you are just going to wear a gas mask or NVG. We can never be sure if this stock will ever be purchased by US SOF. But it's safe to assume that it will never get into any wide use.

The other thing you mentioned, the HK416A5, is also likely never been fielded by the US military. Its large and unprotected left side mag release is infamously known to accidentally release the mag if pressed against the gears in front of left handed shooters' body.

• Like 1

Wanted to report a small config issue ( I think lol). The "tier1_harris_bipod_mlok_black_2" isn't swapping over to the deployed version when in use. 

23 hours ago, ljcsteam said:

The guy you mentioned is Lucas Botkin. He's a US civilian and competition shooter and CEO of T-Rex Arms. I did not say he's a European. I said the stock is a European thing because it is mainly designed for European market. A lot of European LE units use large face visors/armors which makes it almost impossible to use any traditional buttstock design, hence why its a European thing. There's no need to use this stock if you are just going to wear a gas mask or NVG. We can never be sure if this stock will ever be purchased by US SOF. But it's safe to assume that it will never get into any wide use.

The other thing you mentioned, the HK416A5, is also likely never been fielded by the US military. Its large and unprotected left side mag release is infamously known to accidentally release the mag if pressed against the gears in front of left handed shooters' body.

sorry for misunderstanding then 

On 2/27/2021 at 12:24 AM, ruff said:

Are you able to make the hk416 laser attachments available to all weapons? I mean so that it could used with other hk416 variants not in your mod

I could but there would probably a lot of clipping and then people would complain about the clipping etc. Anyway, you can write a small config making the accessories available yourself. You would just have to add the classnames to the rail class of the other weapons (probably “asdg_FrontSideRail” for most of them) but don’t be surprised if they do not fit well.

13 hours ago, Hythloday_ said:

Wanted to report a small config issue ( I think lol). The "tier1_harris_bipod_mlok_black_2" isn't swapping over to the deployed version when in use. 

Thanks, that was because of a typo in the model.cfg. Will be fixed in the next version.

BTW, this will be in the next version too. Finally had the time to get the Mk20 SSR in game. The original model was done by Skylar and optimized by me.

CseEqgP.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Ever been annoyed that you‘re running a scope worth thousands of dollars and still can’t see s**t in the dark? Not anymore:

Spoiler

pI0BGVo.jpg

(still WIP)

... and a more unusual setup, but I’ll include it anyway:

Spoiler

MHabLR2.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Ever been annoyed that you‘re running a scope worth thousands of dollars and still can’t see s**t in the dark? Not anymore:

Hide contents

pI0BGVo.jpg

(still WIP)

... and a more unusual setup, but I’ll include it anyway:

Hide contents

MHabLR2.jpg

This looks dope

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, sdrawkcaB said:

Plans? Yes. 🙂

As a rule, everything that is common in the SOCOM weaponry (post 2010) is a possible addition. However, if it is added or not depends on whether I can purchase a good and affordable model, if it isn’t already included in RHS and if I am in the mood to work on it. But things will only be announced if they are already working in game. I do not want to create false hopes (and sometimes things aren’t announced at all, so there is a bit of surprise on release.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

As usual, every update looks amazing. I can't wait to play with all the new toys.

On another note, I've been playing around with the Nightforce scope today and I've noticed that the range markings on the marksman version seem to be out by 100m (using it on a HK416 14.5', no ACE3, vanilla zero to 100m) and at 500m I have to use the 400m marking to hit the target. However on the CQB version the markings are perfect. I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional, as I don't really make too much use of ACE3 ballistics but I thought I'd report it either way, just to be safe.

Stellar work as always, though, looking forward to pimping SR25's to the max!

10 hours ago, [VW]Wrath said:

I've noticed that the range markings on the marksman version seem to be out by 100m (using it on a HK416 14.5', no ACE3, vanilla zero to 100m) and at 500m I have to use the 400m marking to hit the target.

The numbers are not shorthand distance markings for bullet-drop.

They're miliradian values used to calculate distance https://www.nightforceoptics.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Reticle_Spec_Sheets/NFO_FC-DM_20171206-COMM-v4_1.pdf you would use the reticle to measure distance then use the rangecard to work out how much adjustment is needed to the zeroing turrets, or how many mils you need to move your point of aim

• Like 1

12 hours ago, [VW]Wrath said:

As usual, every update looks amazing. I can't wait to play with all the new toys.

On another note, I've been playing around with the Nightforce scope today and I've noticed that the range markings on the marksman version seem to be out by 100m (using it on a HK416 14.5', no ACE3, vanilla zero to 100m) and at 500m I have to use the 400m marking to hit the target. However on the CQB version the markings are perfect. I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional, as I don't really make too much use of ACE3 ballistics but I thought I'd report it either way, just to be safe.

Stellar work as always, though, looking forward to pimping SR25's to the max!

Like da12thMonkey wrote, the FC-DM is a mil-dot reticle and not a BDC reticle. If you want to know more about the topic: https://www.primaryarms.com/blog/MIL-MOA-BDC

Here's a small video showing the use of the ACE rangecard: https://i.imgur.com/atSmUST.mp4

I get you! Here's me trying to use it like an ACOG. In that case, the fault is all mine.