22 hours ago, Hythloday_ said:

Before the LPVO change, I had the CBA keybind changed so that way both Optics Mode and Next Optic State were both the same keys (Ctrl+Sec. Mouse Btn). A little crazy I know, but generally speaking, I never had an optic with both of these features at once. So for a while, I've been enjoying generally the "optic swaping" using one keybind (again I accounted magnifier flips as part of that). I'll just have to untrain that lol. The LPVO thing just gets in the way to me, and I find the CQB version of the LPVO a little unnecessary. But hey I'm the weirdo who had an intentional double bind. It feels like the LPVO toggle would better be suited to the CBA Toggle Reticle. That's just me though. 

Okay, in case you had a double bind on that key combo, that makes sense. Like I wrote before, changing to CQB sights needs to use the CBA next optic mode function. The CQB sight was a wish by some users that value a better field of view over the correct MRAD dimensions. But I got to say, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out, even though most people won't use it.

• Thanks 1

I tried it last night and think it worked great. I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of the cqb mode but better to have a tool than not. I just changed my binding to another mouse button.

Also, loving the new spectres!!!

• Thanks 1

Hey Fingolfin.

Thanks again for the continued work on this mod. As a standalone, it is on another level of quality. The high level of compatibility with RHS makes it even better (for me.) 

One question tho: I have noticed that besides RHS:USAF, weapons with grip support from RHS:GREF & RHS:SAF are also compatible with your foregrips, but this is not the case for the weapons from RHS:AFRF. Obviously there are a ton of railed AK's in that mod, as well as the AS-VAL's etc... 

Tier 1 weapons support the grips from RHS:USAF whenever applicable , but not those from AFRF or MGM grips (most of the MGM grips are included already in USAF, but some are not).

I am not exactly sure how that grip system works, but would there be an easy way of "expanding" support to and for those mods also, or would this require a ton of config editing and additional dependecies etc. which would obviously be undesirable. 

I know this sounds a lot like a request, but i justed wanted to check if this is intentional, and if not, i am curious about the possibilities. 

Thanks in advance for the info, and i cant wait to see what else you come up with for Tier 1. 

12 hours ago, nillie said:

Hey Fingolfin.

Thanks again for the continued work on this mod. As a standalone, it is on another level of quality. The high level of compatibility with RHS makes it even better (for me.) 

One question tho: I have noticed that besides RHS:USAF, weapons with grip support from RHS:GREF & RHS:SAF are also compatible with your foregrips, but this is not the case for the weapons from RHS:AFRF. Obviously there are a ton of railed AK's in that mod, as well as the AS-VAL's etc... 

Tier 1 weapons support the grips from RHS:USAF whenever applicable , but not those from AFRF or MGM grips (most of the MGM grips are included already in USAF, but some are not).

I am not exactly sure how that grip system works, but would there be an easy way of "expanding" support to and for those mods also, or would this require a ton of config editing and additional dependecies etc. which would obviously be undesirable. 

I know this sounds a lot like a request, but i justed wanted to check if this is intentional, and if not, i am curious about the possibilities. 

Thanks in advance for the info, and i cant wait to see what else you come up with for Tier 1. 

Yes, that can be done. In the next update you will have the Tier One grips (except the M-LOK grips) on all RHS rails and the AFRF grips on Tier One rails.

• Thanks 2

On 2/4/2021 at 4:34 AM, Hythloday_ said:

Any plans for something like this in the future https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/military/gun/leupold-d-evo-dual-enhanced-view-optic-6x-scope? Would something like this even be possible in Arma? 

No plans so far. Could be possible as a 2D scope but is this even in use with SOCOM?

I’ve just released a small update with some texture and config fixes and if no game-breaking issue occur, this will be the last update for the next few weeks. I am quite happy with the setup of the optics now (that was a bumpy ride) and will be working on new stuff for the mod. There isn’t much to show right now, but here is a small teaser:

Spoiler

yjPeA3N.png

1.2.6.06:

• new overlay textures for the Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x 2D versions

• enhanced RHS compatibility

• Leupold M3A initial zeroing set to 100m

• slightly reworked reticle textures for the Eotechs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@fingolfin I hadn't played much Arma after your last several updates until yesterday and finally loaded one of your factory 14.5" 416s in-game.  I swear before the models you had in-game had the 203 notch before, but now they just seem to be tapered barrels.  My personally owned AF factory upper has the notch and I thought even the Bx-coded 14.5"s still had the notch (the ones I've seen online for sale had them), so was curious if there was a change in game or if there are different barrel profiles you've found in the real world for T1 units.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gatordev said:

@fingolfin I hadn't played much Arma after your last several updates until yesterday and finally loaded one of your factory 14.5" 416s in-game.  I swear before the models you had in-game had the 203 notch before, but now they just seem to be tapered barrels.  My personally owned AF factory upper has the notch and I thought even the Bx-coded 14.5"s still had the notch (the ones I've seen online for sale had them), so was curious if there was a change in game or if there are different barrel profiles you've found in the real world for T1 units.

You are right, the 14.5" barrels are wrong. I never noticed that and they are the same on Toadie's models. I think something can be done about this.

Edit: It seems there are different barrels...

HK416.jpg

(no notch)

... but CAG's HK416s seem to have them:

YWzXpjI.jpg

• Like 1

First image is a HK416N (Norwegian service rifle) which has a 16.5 inch barrel rather than 14.5

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, fingolfin said:

I think something can be done about this.

Here's hoping!  Thanks for looking at it. 

There seem to be far fewer pics of the 14.5" out there in the wild for US forces, but the few I've seen had the notch.  I spent a decent amount of time trying to find images when I was trying to make a NSW Recce out of my upper.

20 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

First image is a HK416N (Norwegian service rifle) which has a 16.5 inch barrel rather than 14.5

I was going to say, that looked very IAR-ish.  And now that you say that, I do see the gas regulator cutout.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:19 PM, ljcsteam said:

Have you considered adding handstops to this mod?

Could be done. Is there a certain model that is most used by US SOF?

15 hours ago, gatordev said:

Here's hoping!  Thanks for looking at it. 

There seem to be far fewer pics of the 14.5" out there in the wild for US forces, but the few I've seen had the notch.  I spent a decent amount of time trying to find images when I was trying to make a NSW Recce out of my upper.

sdcWBrK.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fingolfin said:
On 2/9/2021 at 8:19 PM, ljcsteam said:

Have you considered adding handstops to this mod?

Could be done. Is there a certain model that is most used by US SOF?

I don't know if there is any handstop with a NSN. But I know Delta use modified LaRue handstops on their Geissele 416 handguards all the time. Personally I think Magpul, RailScales and Arisaka Defense handstops are all viable options as they are all inexpensive and easily accessible products.

Quoting the image for comparison...

7 hours ago, fingolfin said:

sdcWBrK.png

Fantastic.  If you have the time, moving the notch back a little bit will be a bit more correct, but if not, it's still a welcome addition!  Here's a quick pic I just took for comparison.

50930527187_7e1ed03b70_h.jpg

17 hours ago, gatordev said:

Fantastic.  If you have the time, moving the notch back a little bit will be a bit more correct, but if not, it's still a welcome addition!  Here's a quick pic I just took for comparison.

Thanks, that was an easy fix:

4lbzmSb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the bad pun...

lrrECCU.png

Edit: ATACR 7-35x56 F1 was removed because I since discovered that the model was ripped from Escape from Tarkov and sold to me (and others) on CGTrader.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, sammael said:

Any chance in the future?

No, not really. At some point these large magnification become pointless in Arma.

IIRC there's already an addon containing a March 80x scope, made by Bnae

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939484236

1 hour ago, fingolfin said:

Sorry for the bad pun...

I am relieved you picked the types of Nightforce scopes that you did. You'll probably see why next RHSUSAFDEV update...

• Like 5

Bravo.  I've always been surprised how the 2.5-10 has never made it in game, even with all of the MK12 iterations over A2 and A3.

ETA:  Will there be an off-set with the 2.5-10?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

IIRC there's already an addon containing a March 80x scope, made by Bnae

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939484236

I am relieved you picked the types of Nightforce scopes that you did. You'll probably see why next RHSUSAFDEV update...

Now I am pretty pretty psyched for next Tuesday. 😉

40 minutes ago, gatordev said:

Bravo.  I've always been surprised how the 2.5-10 has never made it in game, even with all of the MK12 iterations over A2 and A3.

ETA:  Will there be an off-set with the 2.5-10?

Off-set as in a Micro T-1 on the side? Yes.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

Is arma able to handle 56x? 

It is really on the border of what ArmA can handle. 😬

One other thing: I was informed that the ATACR 7-35x56 F1 was included in a model that might have been ripped from Escape of Tarkov. I purchased the model on CGTrader and have now contacted BattleStateGames. Until this isn't cleared up, the model won't be released and if it was ripped, it never will.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/17/2021 at 10:43 AM, fingolfin said:

Off-set as in a Micro T-1 on the side? Yes.

Sweet.  I was also thinking about the Level Zero Hero and DAGGER 22 setup on a Block 2.  But the 14.5" SEAL RECCE configuration is a favorite in my missions.