I like the current CBA PiP scope setup, so as long as this is still featured, it is all good for me.

• Thanks 1

What are the persistent CBA-related problems? I haven't had any in my gameplay. I'm actually a fan of the CBA w/ PIP. 

25 minutes ago, Hythloday_ said:

What are the persistent CBA-related problems? I haven't had any in my gameplay. I'm actually a fan of the CBA w/ PIP. 

For some people the PIP parts don't show at all, with some resolution ratios (like 16:10) the reticles show only after zooming in.

But don't worry, the CBA PIP scopes will stay. I just considering added the old scopes back as an additional optic.

33 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

with some resolution ratios (like 16:10) the reticles show only after zooming in.

Try setting the First "show at magnification" value in your reticleDetailTextures[] array to 0 (or less than 1 I guess) rather than the lowest magnification setting of the optics. There's probably a slight discrepancy where the FOV on some displays rounds to a number smaller than expected.

As for PiP not showing, are you sure these people have PiP turned on in their graphics settings?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Try setting the First "show at magnification" value in your reticleDetailTextures[] array to 0 rather than the lowest magnification setting of the optics. There's probably a slight discrepancy where the FOV on some displays rounds to a number smaller than expected.

As for PiP not showing, are you sure these people have PiP turned on in their graphics settings? 

That is good advise, thank you!

8 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Try setting the First "show at magnification" value in your reticleDetailTextures[] array to 0 rather than the lowest magnification setting of the optics. There's probably a slight discrepancy where the FOV on some displays rounds to a number smaller than expected.

The CBA-setting was set to PIP, I will ask them about the general settings.

As I mentioned before the mid/long-range scopes will change (hopefully for the last time): I made some config changes that should reduce the problems some people have with the CBA scopes. I also changed the size of the reticles to resemble their real-life measurements. An ArmA soldier will measure 1.8mil when at 1000m, 3.6mil at 500m and so on. That means you can and should use the ACE range card to find the point of impact.

This video shows how it is done: https://i.imgur.com/atSmUST.mp4

This will make the scopes a lot more realistic but also a bit more challenging to use. But don’t worry, you can always use the ArmA 3 zeroing system.

1.2.6.02:
  • added BCM Gunfighter Vertical Grip Mod3 MLOK
  • config improvements for the CBA scopes
  • mid/long range scopes now have the correct mil dot dimensions (compatible with ACE ballistics)
  • fixed: some attachments were not moving with the recoil animations on handguns

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fingolfin said:

This will make the scopes a lot more realistic but also a bit more challenging to use. But don’t worry, you can always use the ArmA 3 zeroing system.

I'm surprised there was a "discrepancy," as when I would hold with DOPE from my own real rifles, it would be pretty close using your Razor or ATACR.  I don't use ACE and just leave the everything at the 100m or 300m zero and hold.  Maybe RHS's included ballistics are close enough it all worked in the end.

Is 1.2.6.02 released or is that just the release notes?  I don't normally like PiP, but I may give it a shot with how you have it set up.

ETA:  Never mind, I see the addon was updated today in my Workshop folder.

Would it be a chore to add a mixed tracer load to the 7.62 m80 ball belts? They look absolutely awesome in the mk48 and the M240, I just find I'm missing the one-in-four tracer when I'm trying to spot the fall of my rounds at range. It's not an issue of course, if I really need tracer I can carry an all tracer belt, but I'd thought I'd ask.

In other news, I reported an issue with PiP scopes on Steam the other day but it's since resolved itself. I think having the two options is still probably the best idea but the latest update seems to have fixed everything for me.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, [VW]Wrath said:

Would it be a chore to add a mixed tracer load to the 7.62 m80 ball belts? They look absolutely awesome in the mk48 and the M240, I just find I'm missing the one-in-four tracer when I'm trying to spot the fall of my rounds at range. It's not an issue of course, if I really need tracer I can carry an all tracer belt, but I'd thought I'd ask.

In other news, I reported an issue with PiP scopes on Steam the other day but it's since resolved itself. I think having the two options is still probably the best idea but the latest update seems to have fixed everything for me.

Thanks, that is good to hear.

Adding belts and magazines with tracers every four rounds shouldn't be a lot of work, will add that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, [VW]Wrath said:

You sir, are a complete and utter legend!

3 hours ago, Hythloday_ said:

Second the tracers every four rounds. Thanks for the latest update!

Actually, I made a mistake coping the RHS parameters for the ammo belts. They should have had a tracer round as every fifth round from the start. Is now fixed.

1.2.6.03:

• fixed VMR-2 reticle was on the first focal plane

• improved reticles on low magnification for the ATACR-18 and Razor Gen III

• added tracers to the 7.62mm belts (every fifth round, same as in the RHS mags)

• changed the reload animation for the 14.5 rifles to Toadie's long barrel animation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The mod has the highest update frequency in Arma 3 history. I have spoken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ljcsteam said:

The mod has the highest update frequency in Arma 3 history. I have spoken.

Don’t get used to it. If there are no severe bugs, the next update will take some time. 😉

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 9:31 AM, fingolfin said:

Known issues
 • You cannot switch between reticles on the magnified Romeo4T sights. The switch optic mode function in CBA would be an option, but it is used for flipping the magnifiers.

Strictly speaking you only need one of the available keybinds for switching the magnifier mode, so you could use the other keybind to switch reticle.

When we developed the original MRT Accessory Functions addon we decided to add two keybinds and parameters per attachment slot in order that some different pathways could be made between classes, even though a single keybind would usually be the only one required. Though I only included an example of cyclical and linear paths https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/Accessory-Functions it's possible to make classes diverge in other ways.

class Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Up
	{
		MRT_SwitchItemNextClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Down";
		MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Up";
	};
	class Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Down
	{
		MRT_SwitchItemNextClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Up";
		MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Down";
	};

class Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Up
	{
		MRT_SwitchItemNextClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Down";
		MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Up";
	};
	class Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Down
	{
		MRT_SwitchItemNextClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Up";
		MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Down";
	};

With that setup, the Next Optic Mode (default Ctrl + NumPad /) would be used to flip the magnifier and the Previous Optic Mode (default Shift + NumPad /) would switch the reticle for the current magnifier position.

Using the kind of visualisation on the CBA documentation page:

mZbVsod.png

It's not necessarily as intuitive for users, but it's definitely possible

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Strictly speaking you only need one of the available keybinds for switching the magnifier mode, so you could use the other keybind to switch reticle.

When we developed the original MRT Accessory Functions addon we decided to add two keybinds and parameters per attachment slot in order that some different pathways could be made between classes, even though a single keybind would usually be the only one required. Though I only included an example of cyclical and linear paths https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/Accessory-Functions it's possible to make classes diverge in other ways.

class Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Up
	{
		MRT_SwitchItemNextClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Down";
		MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Up";
	};
	class Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Down
	{
		MRT_SwitchItemNextClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Up";
		MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Down";
	};

class Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Up
	{
		MRT_SwitchItemNextClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Down";
		MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Up";
	};
	class Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Down
	{
		MRT_SwitchItemNextClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_4D_G33_Black_Up";
		MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass = "Tier1_Romeo4T_BCD_G33_Black_Down";
	};

With that setup, the Next Optic Mode (default Ctrl + NumPad /) would be used to flip the magnifier and the Previous Optic Mode (default Shift + NumPad /) would switch the reticle for the current magnifier position.

Using the kind of visualisation on the CBA documentation page:

It's not necessarily as intuitive for users, but it's definitely possible

That is great advise, thank you! I will definitely test this.

Thanks to a tip from da12thMonkey, the magnified Romeo4Ts with have changeable reticles (only two, not four like in real life). You can change the reticle by using the Previous Optic Mode (by default Shift + NumPad /) and change the magnifier state by using the Next Optic Mode (by default Ctrl + NumPad /).

https://imgur.com/pgxk0Gs

Also, the Elcan 1.5-6x 2D scope was convered to an CBA optic. To be working as a BDC optic it ended up being quite large. The 3D version will definitely be the more accurate/realistic representation.

1.2.6.04:

• magnified Romeo4Ts can now change reticles (Previous Optic Mode, by default Shift + NumPad /)

• Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x 2D version converted to CBA scope

• improved NGAL textures (thanks to Eagle)

• Magnifier combos on Larue risers were moved a bit forward to avoid clipping with backup sights on some weapons

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I went back to the LPVOs and I think I found a solution that will make most people happy. While some like and use the MRAD markings with ACE ballistics, others found the scopes too big/the field of view too small. Downsizing the scopes wasn’t an option because the reticles wouldn’t work with ACE anymore.

So, in the end I decided to make two versions of every scope; a “marksman” version that has the correct MRAD markings and a CQB version with a wider field of view, but the markings are more or less just for show. You can change between the two modes via the CBA next/previous optic mode function. The comes in both 2D and PIP versions (changeable in the CBA options).

A small video example:

https://i.imgur.com/CPpp4tC.mp4

The Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x-6x got some love too and will be updated with more versions. Here’s one on RHS’ SCAR:

hZXkkC4.png

Edit: Updated to version 1.2.6.05:

• new optic mode for the LPVOs: CQB mode; better field of view, but MRAD markings are not displayed correctly. Use Next Optic Mode (default Ctrl + NumPad /)

• new Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x versions with ARD and Docter III attachments

• fixed Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x reticle

• standalone EXPS3-0s, Aimpoint Micros and Romeo4Ts were moved a bit forward

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hey, got a request/question for you. With the introduction of CQB and Marksman mode toggle on LPVOs, it's throwing my crew's muscle memory off. Is it possible to attach that feature to base games "Optics Mode" keybinding instead? For my group, we've enjoyed one keybind being responsible for swapping to the side-mounted optics/use of magnifiers. Changing magnifiers to "Optics Mode" would be just as good even rather than CBA's "Next Optics State". Are either of these possible?  For the record generally, we've attached these kinds of optics swaps to Ctrl+Sec. Mouse Btn. Whereas modifiers or changes to the sights themselves get shoved somewhere else on the keyboard. Think the default is something on numpad lol. 

14 minutes ago, Hythloday_ said:

Hey, got a request/question for you. With the introduction of CQB and Marksman mode toggle on LPVOs, it's throwing my crew's muscle memory off. Is it possible to attach that feature to base games "Optics Mode" keybinding instead? For my group, we've enjoyed one keybind being responsible for swapping to the side-mounted optics/use of magnifiers. Changing magnifiers to "Optics Mode" would be just as good even rather than CBA's "Next Optics State". Are either of these possible?  Generally, we've attached these optics swaps to Ctrl+Sec. Mouse Btn.

The new LPVO mode uses the same CBA key-bind as the flip magnifier function, so I do not really see the problem here. Anyway, you can always change the CBA key-binds in the options.

Sorry, what I'm trying to say is I'd prefer the flip magnifier mode attached to a different bind. I'm curious if it's possible for the flip magnifier to be set to the "Optics Mode" keybind. This way it puts all swap-to-other-optics style features to the same keybind. I.e. the mounted 1x's, etc. 

Edit: Rereading what I said above I see how I was misleading. I was trying to figure out how to word it out, whacked enter on accident, and had to scurry. My b

14 minutes ago, Hythloday_ said:

Sorry, what I'm trying to say is I'd prefer the LPVO mode attached to a different bind. I'm curious if it's possible for the flip magnifier to be set to the "Optics Mode" keybind. This way it puts all swap-to-other-optics style features to the same keybind. 

Ah, I see. No, the CBA system is needed since the flipped magnifier mode isn't just a new optic mode but requires a new model. What CBA does is swapping the magnifier-up model with the magnifier-down model, the vanilla optic mode only changes the reticle/memory point.

But you can assign any key-bind you want to the CBA system, so if the default Ctrl + NumPad / and Shift + NumPad / aren't working for you, you can change them under Options > Controls > Configure Addons > CBA Weapons...

Before the LPVO change, I had the CBA keybind changed so that way both Optics Mode and Next Optic State were both the same keys (Ctrl+Sec. Mouse Btn). A little crazy I know, but generally speaking, I never had an optic with both of these features at once. So for a while, I've been enjoying generally the "optic swaping" using one keybind (again I accounted magnifier flips as part of that). I'll just have to untrain that lol. The LPVO thing just gets in the way to me, and I find the CQB version of the LPVO a little unnecessary. But hey I'm the weirdo who had an intentional double bind. It feels like the LPVO toggle would better be suited to the CBA Toggle Reticle. That's just me though. 

I'm pretty sure I have my binds set up in a similar way but I can't test until I get home. Either way I'm keen to play around!