Another fantastic update, what a way to end this mostly sh*tty year. Big thanks and keep up the good work next year 😉

• Thanks 1

Dude, i love you. But, i've found a few things. First, the bolt of the SR-16 have HK markings . Second, when using the Elcan, you've this error "'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Tier1_Elcan_156_C1_FDE/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/CX5455.opticsZoomMin'" and a 4th empty POV.

28 minutes ago, MrMasMola said:

Dude, i love you. But, i've found a few things. First, the bolt of the SR-16 have HK markings . Second, when using the Elcan, you've this error "'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Tier1_Elcan_156_C1_FDE/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/CX5455.opticsZoomMin'" and a 4th empty POV.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

The markings will be fixed but I cannot reproduce your problem with the Elcan. In the new config, the Tier1_Elcan_156_C1_FDE doesn't have a OpticsModes "CX5455" anymore, it is now "CX5455_1x" and "CX5455_6x" because it is a 3D scope now. I don't know why ArmA is trying to address that optic mode. All Elcan scopes work fine for me.

Finally had a chance to play A3 with your update and the Razor Gen 3 is very nicely done.  The reticle looks spot on, including Vortex's bizarre choice to not have a completely tiered christmas tree, but I digress.  Since you have the MK48s, did Toadie give you permission to use his ATACR 1-8 as well?  That would make your pack have the trifecta of SOCOM LPVOs all in one place.  Well, I guess it would be the "quadfecta," since you have the S&B in there, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gatordev said:

Finally had a chance to play A3 with your update and the Razor Gen 3 is very nicely done.  The reticle looks spot on, including Vortex's bizarre choice to not have a completely tiered christmas tree, but I digress.  Since you have the MK48s, did Toadie give you permission to use his ATACR 1-8 as well?  That would make your pack have the trifecta of SOCOM LPVOs all in one place.  Well, I guess it would be the "quadfecta," since you have the S&B in there, too.

The Nightforce ATACR 1-8 is already included. The model Toadie used was made by Cody from ParallaxGameStudios, so I could purchase it on CGTrader.

Speaking of optics... Today I have spent adapting CBA scripted scope system to the long-range scopes. It works quite well.

Shortdot: https://i.imgur.com/PiTvHpk.mp4

Nightforce: https://i.imgur.com/ChgdioY.mp4

Razor Gen II: https://i.imgur.com/E4UNhsz.mp4

Razor Gen III: https://i.imgur.com/3rrJ9El.mp4

The only issue is the low resolution on some lower zoom stages which is odd since the reticles are 4096x4096 textures. Anyone has any experience with that?

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, fingolfin said:

The Nightforce ATACR 1-8 is already included. The model Toadie used was made by Cody from ParallaxGameStudios, so I could purchase it on CGTrader.

Well that's embarrassing.  Time to go back in game and find it.  Thanks!

789Mlzs.png

Version 1.2.5:
 • added SIG Sauer MCX Virtus
 • added SIG Sauer Romeo4T
 • added SIG Sauer SRD762
 • many scopes now use the CBA scripted reticle functions (smooth zoom, illuminated reticles - check the CBA options for key-binds)
 • fixed loud Mk48 sounds

• Like 16

Hey fingolfin! Thanks for the update - great work! 😎

Are you planning on adding some bolt-action precision rifles for long range shooting that are currently in use with Tier One units aswell?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you mind change the reticle of the EOTech EXPS3 to the classic one dot reticle? As far as I know all EXPS3(EXPS3 MIL in USMC and SU-231A/PEQ in SOCOM) in the US military use the standard one dot reticle. The 2 dot reticle in Arma 3 in really a commercial thing.

0-reticle-01.png

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 12:05 PM, uzabit said:

Hey fingolfin! Thanks for the update - great work! 😎

Are you planning on adding some bolt-action precision rifles for long range shooting that are currently in use with Tier One units aswell?

Thanks! Right now I have no plans for bolt-action sniper rifles and I must admit, I really lack knowledge in this area. Do you now what is in use at the moment?

1 hour ago, ljcsteam said:

Do you mind change the reticle of the EOTech EXPS3 to the classic one dot reticle? As far as I know all EXPS3(EXPS3 MIL in USMC and SU-231A/PEQ in SOCOM) in the US military use the standard one dot reticle. The 2 dot reticle in Arma 3 in really a commercial thing.

That would be an easy fix. I asked around a bit and @roberthammer mentioned that the 2 dot reticle is probably used with magnifiers in SOCOM units (what would make sense). So, I could change the reticle on the non-magnified EXPS-3 to one dot and leave the rest as it is or change all to one dot. Haven't both isn't really an option since I would have to duplicate all the EXPS-3 models and that would add 340MB to an already overly large weapon pack.

Any thoughts?

Since we are talking about optics. PIP versions of the long range scopes (Vortex Razor, Nightforce and Shortdot) will come soon.

https://i.imgur.com/qr2Uqdt.mp4

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Thanks! Right now I have no plans for bolt-action sniper rifles and I must admit, I really lack knowledge in this area. Do you now what is in use at the moment?

As far as I know I think the Mk13 mod 5 and more recently the Mk13 mod 7 are in use. I'd guess the primary users would be MARSOC and Navy SEALS. Apart from that the Mk22 ASR is about to enter service with SOCOM (if it hasn't already).

The Army's new Sniper Rifle (MK22 ASR) with Retired Special Forces Sniper Kevin Owens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAlmlb8W_DE&t

Maybe this helps. But I'm far from an expert in that regards.

1 hour ago, fingolfin said:

Haven't both isn't really an option since I would have to duplicate all the EXPS-3 models and that would add 340MB to an already overly large weapon pack.

Any thoughts?

From what I understand the issued EXPS types that have an NSN and Sight Unit type code (i.e. are standard issue) are as follows:

SU-231A/PEQ (EXPS3-0A, NSN 1240-01-587-9345): Tan colour, single dot, for M4 and SCAR

SU-231B/PEQ (EXPS3-0B, NSN 1240-01-587-9762): Black colour, two dots, for M2 HMG (Calibrated @ 500 & 1000 yds with M33 ball)

SU-231C/PEQ (EXPS3-0C, NSN 1240-01-587-9178): Black colour, single dot, for M4 and SCAR

There are NSNs for other XPS3 and EXPS3 models, without a SU-# designation but they're probably of limited numbers and not in general circulation

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

From what I understand the issued EXPS types that have an NSN and Sight Unit type code are as follows:

SU-231A/PEQ (EXPS3-0A, NSN 1240-01-587-9345): Tan colour, single dot, for M4 and SCAR

SU-231B/PEQ (EXPS3-0B, NSN 1240-01-587-9762): Black colour, two dots, for M2 HMG (Calibrated @ 500 & 1000 yds with M33 ball)

SU-231C/PEQ (EXPS3-0C, NSN 1240-01-587-9178): Black colour, single dot, for M4 and SCAR

That is good to know, thanks! So, EXPS3-0 is the way to go for carbines.

16 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

That is good to know, thanks! So, EXPS3-0 is the way to go for carbines.

Yes, the only way a SOCOM unit can procure a EXPS3-2 is through a commercial channel. It's possible but I highly doubt any unit will do so just for the extra reticle dot.

Btw, do you plan on adding any high power optics? ECOS-O is a really great option for the existing KAC M110 platform. 

12 minutes ago, ljcsteam said:

Yes, the only way a SOCOM unit can procure a EXPS3-2 is through a commercial channel. It's possible but I highly doubt any unit will do so just for the extra reticle dot.

Btw, do you plan on adding any high power optics? ECOS-O is a really great option for the existing KAC M110 platform. 

If I can find a good and affordable model, sure. Please keep in mind that I do not create the models myself.

4 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Since we are talking about optics. PIP versions of the long range scopes (Vortex Razor, Nightforce and Shortdot) will come soon.

https://i.imgur.com/qr2Uqdt.mp4

And a 3D version like the Elcan...? 🤐 So we can use the x1 magnification as a red dot. 

10 minutes ago, MrMasMola said:

And a 3D version like the Elcan...? 🤐 So we can use the x1 magnification as a red dot. 

Probably not. The 3D scope system doesn't work well with long scopes, the Elcan 6x was already close to the limit.

That Sig MCX is sick! Thanks a lot! 😎

• Like 1

Version 1.2.6:
  • added M300C and M600V standalone attachments
  • added M110k5s with ACS stocks
  • added black SIG Sauer MCX Virtus variant
  • added PIP scopes for mid/long range scopes (check your CBA settings)
  • small model changes to make the SR-16s more accurate
  • changed the EXPS3-2s to EXPS3-0s since only the latter are used in SOCOM units
  • fixed missing muzzle flip on the handguns

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hotfix

1.2.6.01:

• M300C and M600V standalone attachments available on more weapons

• improved (I think) mid/long range scopes (better field of view)

• improved rvmats on the URX4 and SMR rails.

• fixed: attachments not showing on some SR-16s

• Like 6

Since there seem to be persistent CBA-related problems with the mid/long-range scopes (PIP not displaying, reticles only appearing after zooming in), my proposition would be to bring the old 2D scopes back but keep the CBA scopes included. That way you would have to scopes of each type, for example “Vortex Razor HD GenII/Geissele” and “Vortex Razor HD GenII/Geissele [CBA]”. The first one would be a normal 2D scope and the second one would be 2D or PIP depending on your CBA-settings with continuous zoom and switching between illuminated and non-illuminated reticles. What do you think?

• Like 1

I think that sounds like a good plan. I've been playing the the new scopes and find them fine in both PiP and non-PiP for the most part. But there is no harm in having both styles set up.

• Thanks 1