G'day @fingolfin,

Love what you have created here. Was wondering if you have any intent to release any weapons fitted with UGL units?

On 11/13/2020 at 7:24 PM, wsxcgy said:

I wouldnt bother with attachments for block 1 M4s either, unless you get a M3X model and the old insight dual switch for those block 1.5 setups. are the LA-5Bs alone going to be available on the standard M4s though? because that would be really nice at the very least.

18 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

G'day @fingolfin,

Love what you have created here. Was wondering if you have any intent to release any weapons fitted with UGL units?

I second the idea of putting your LA-5s on the Block 1 M4s as well for the reason that wansec_6 is mentioning...it let's mission makers combine RHS M203 weapons with your stuff.

Either way, looking forward to the next update!

• Like 2

On 11/14/2020 at 1:24 AM, wsxcgy said:

I wouldnt bother with attachments for block 1 M4s either, unless you get a M3X model and the old insight dual switch for those block 1.5 setups. are the LA-5Bs alone going to be available on the standard M4s though? because that would be really nice at the very least.

I have an M3X model made by Lennard, but I think that would be something for a legacy pack of some sort (Mk18 Mod 0, Block I M4, Mk14 Mod 0). LA-5Bs alone will be available.

On 11/15/2020 at 1:27 AM, wansec_6 said:

G'day @fingolfin,

No, I have no plans for UGLs at the moment as they see very little use in SOCOM. I haven't seen one picture of tier one unit operators with an UGL in at least a decade and the other SOCOM units use M4 Block IIs and Mk18s, both of which have UGL variants already in RHS.

17 hours ago, Synchronized said:

Any chance of putting in the sig sauer NGSW?

Are they already in use? Anyway, I would need to find a good affordable model.

13 hours ago, gatordev said:

I second the idea of putting your LA-5s on the Block 1 M4s as well for the reason that wansec_6 is mentioning...it let's mission makers combine RHS M203 weapons with your stuff.

Either way, looking forward to the next update!

There will be LA5-Bs that will work on all weapons like RHS AN/PEQ-15s. They just won't have flashlights, fancy switches or cables.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some more WIP pictures...

First, RAHG variant resembling a weapon from the UBL raid:

vWGnk9m.png

ETKQQLM.jpg

Second, something for the fans of a certain TV series:

WuOoCH2.png

kqUWA42.png

... and third, another RAHG variant:

XCmo0P0.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Hythloday_ said:

Mouthwatering! 🤤 Hey, If UGLs aren't on the menu, then maybe a pirate gun could be?  I know RHS already has an M79 but it's just not gucci enough. Lol. Jokes aside, something like this could be a fun addition https://www.artstation.com/artwork/E4EQ8

That would be a fun addition and I've found a model on CGTrader that isn't too expensive. So, yeah, maybe in the future. 😂

• Like 1

Those are great.  Really looking forward to the update.  I'm also amused that it seems like you removed the A2 nub on the HK grip.  As someone who hates the nub, it's a great addition!

16 hours ago, Hythloday_ said:

Mouthwatering! 🤤 Hey, If UGLs aren't on the menu, then maybe a pirate gun could be?  I know RHS already has an M79 but it's just not gucci enough. Lol. Jokes aside, something like this could be a fun addition https://www.artstation.com/artwork/E4EQ8

RHS also has the M320 you can put in a pistol slot.  It's a nice addition to add into a bakcpack (or pistol slot).

• Like 1

I wonder if the Lack of UGLs pictures has something do do with the adoption of the m320. Probably a heap of other things as well 

22 minutes ago, kilo-bravo said:

I wonder if the Lack of UGLs pictures has something do do with the adoption of the m320. Probably a heap of other things as well 

Yes, they are rather used as standalone weapons:

LNQTeTE.jpg

yeah nobody uses underslung grenade launchers anymore. DD RIS II can't mount M320s to the rail and M203s are phased out completely as far as I know. its mostly just rangers who still have a grenadier billet that even use grenade launchers at all.

• Like 1

@fingolfin Not sure if you have decided a direction to go with sounds yet, but if you did end up going with option "B" (which seems to be leading the poll) and using RHS unsuppressed sounds for your M4/416s while keeping Toadie's suppressed sounds, would you consider a "simple" sound config for RHS M4/416 suppressed sounds so they matched your sounds?  It could help with the difference in sounds if you're playing with mixed weapons (like a suppressed IAR next to one of your weapons).  Just a thought.

A small last status update: All the new stuff is finished, now only some small config work and testing is to be done. Expect a release within the next days.

2clcHnc.jpg

As for the sounds, the polls decided people wanted RHS sounds and Toadie’s silenced sounds. So, this will also come in the next update. But I will be leaving the old sounds in the pbo and the config, so making a config reverting the sounds should be super easy.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:34 PM, gatordev said:

@fingolfin Not sure if you have decided a direction to go with sounds yet, but if you did end up going with option "B" (which seems to be leading the poll) and using RHS unsuppressed sounds for your M4/416s while keeping Toadie's suppressed sounds, would you consider a "simple" sound config for RHS M4/416 suppressed sounds so they matched your sounds?  It could help with the difference in sounds if you're playing with mixed weapons (like a suppressed IAR next to one of your weapons).  Just a thought.

At the moment I have no plans to do that, but if anyone else wants to do it, I would be willing help out with my limited config knowledge.

• Like 7

Alright guys, here’s the release of version 1.1. Most of the things were already shown, but I also added two handguns as a little surprise: a Glock 19 and a Glock 22.

lcFNsec.png

As always, please report any bugs you can find!

Here the full changelog...

Version 1.1.0:

• added Glock 19 and Glock 22 pistols with accessories

• added HK416s with Remington handguards

• added laser/light combos for many RHS weapons

• changed the unsuppressed sounds to RHS sounds

• added the RHS grip system to the SAWs and M110k1s

• added Eotech NGAL laser module

• added AAC M4-2000 and Dead Air Sandman-S suppressors

• added Nightforce 1-8x ATACR optics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Awesome update! Thanks for taking the time to add all the RHS compatible stuff, and for throwing in those pistols 🙂

• Like 1

I'm not gonna lie, I preferred the grip+bipod combo you implemented with the M110 and SR-25. That was a huge selling point with the mod for me. Now they seem more like RHS reskins... Impressive work on this mod overall, and I hope to not sound too critical.

(EDIT)

I now see the VFG/Bipod option in the attachments. My mistake! You've made this absolutely better! 

Thank you for all the work you put into this!

• Thanks 1

Putting this here instead of in the Modding section, with fingolin's permission.  If Mods need to move it, I understand...

Looking for a little help in making a simple sound config to make the RHS M4/M16 weapons inherit Tier 1's suppressed sounds.  @fingolfin has had a look and thinks I'm on the right track, but it's not working in game for me.  I'm absolutely sure it's user error, as I'm exceeding my knowledge pretty quickly.  Here's the config:

https://github.com/gatordev/Tier1RHSSounds/blob/main/config.cpp

I've re-bin'ed the file to a config.bin and then made a new .pbo with just that config in there.  Arma isn't throwing any errors in the .rpt file and it's showing it loaded, but no sound change.  Anyone point me in the right direction?

hey fingolfin think i got a bug it appears with any of the LA-5B+M600V/M603 combos when switching between the light and the laser once on light the whole thing gets deleted. 

• Thanks 1

Any reason for the big difference in quality between the LA5 for HK416 and the ones for the RHS weapons?

14 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

hey fingolfin think i got a bug it appears with any of the LA-5B+M600V/M603 combos when switching between the light and the laser once on light the whole thing gets deleted.

Will be fixed in the next hot fix.

4 hours ago, MrMasMola said:

Any reason for the big difference in quality between the LA5 for HK416 and the ones for the RHS weapons?

Does this occur on all RHS variants for you? It is the same model, and I can't see any difference:

WWLjPDr.jpg

On 11/28/2020 at 2:22 PM, fingolfin said:

Will be fixed in the next hot fix.

Does this occur on all RHS variants for you? It is the same model, and I can't see any difference:

Forget what I said, was my PC f*cking around.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, I am working on the next update and part of it will be a 3D scope setup for all optics with magnifiers and the Elcan 6x. There will also be a bunch of new stuff in the update but that will be shown later.

https://i.imgur.com/Nvg9eqH.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/r5YKfiN.mp4

(The Elcan is still WIP.)

Edit: improved Elcan 6x
tAkcGNV.jpg

• Like 4

The new version 1.2 is being uploaded to the workshop right now and in the end, it turned out to be bigger than I initially planned: Thanks to two very nice models created by Artistwall07, there are new HK416 versions for the DEVGRU enthusiasts out there. Because the Remington handguard is a tad old school, I decided to add more contemporary versions with the Midwest Industries MR556 Handguard (9inch and 13.5inch) and the Mission First Tactical Battlelink Minimalist Stock (seen here in the wild). The MTF stock was also added to all the other HK416 rail variants (besides the old quadrail).

If rumors are to be believed, Delta Force is moving on from the HK416 platform to the SR-16 made by KAC. Enough reason for me to include these in the new update. They come in the Carbine and CQB configurations with various stocks and accessories like the KAC 5.56 QDC and QDC /CQB suppressors.

Since I already had the URX4 handguards for the SR-16s, I went ahead and put in the M110k5 DMR, both in a 7.62mm and a 6.5mm version.

Thanks to a Black Friday sale I could purchase a SIG Sauer P320 model quite inexpensively, so that is included too. DEVGRU has been known to use them lately.

Two new optics made their way into the update, warden_1’s great Vortex Razor HD Gen III and the Eotech 553 done by madmax1539. The latter is a bit old school but was used by Rangers, Army SF and MARSOC up to the mid-2010s.

Since I am on the topic of optics, all the magnifiers are now properly set up as 3D scopes, which is a big improvement in my view. The Elcan 6x is now also available as a 3D scope, but since I am a noob regarding 3D scopes and/or some model limitations, it is not perfect. I left the 2D version in for everyone, that liked this one better.

A lot of small bugs were fixed, I hope I haven’t overlooked anything. Thankfully, there was a lot of constructive feedback.

Enjoy the new update and happy new year 2021!

V1GiUa0.png

0z3x1UF.png

XF0ekie.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5