Tier 1 Weapons - A mod by Fingolfin

Description
This mod adds several weapons used by US SOCOM units in different setups and color variants. It is based on the RHS framework and should work fine with ACE.

fnGiO8z.png

6ccXxZ4.png

AaXxcXn.png

DO9H3mN.png

vzMdc6v.png

2clcHnc.jpg

lcFNsec.png

Content

Weapons:
  • SR16s with 11.5 and 14.5inch barrels, URX4 rails, various stocks in different color variants
  • HK416s with 10.4 and 14.5inch barrels, Geissele, Remington and Midwest rails, various stocks in different color variants
  • Mk46s & 48s in different color variants
  • M110k1s and M110k5s
  • Glock 19, Glock 22 & SIG Sauer P320 handguns

Optics:
  • Vortex Razor HD Gen II and Gen III
  • Leupold M3A
  • ShortDot 1-8x24 PM II CC
  • Nightforce 1-8x ATACR
  • Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x
  • Eotech 551 and 553
  • EXPS3-0
  • Micro T-1 & T-2
  • 3X magnifier
  • G33 magnifier
  • L3 magnifier
  • all in various color variants

Accessories:
  • LA5B and NGAL
  • Surefire M300C, M600V and M603V
  • KAC, Daniel Defense, Larue, and gangster grips
  • Gemtech Halo, Rotex-IIIC, Surefire SOCOM 1 & 2, KAC 7.62 QDC/CRS, KAC 5.56 QDC & QDC/CQB, AAC M4-2000 and Dead Air Sandman-S suppressors

Features
 • highly detailed models and textures (mostly)
 • a wide variety of weapon accessories and scopes
 • ACE compatibility (not fully tested, please report all bugs you encounter)
 • optional BettIR config here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2271191070

Download

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2268351256

Changelog

1.2.6.05:

• new optic mode for the LPVOs: CQB mode; better field of view, but MRAD markings are not displayed correctly. Use Next Optic Mode (default Ctrl + NumPad /)

• new Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x versions with ARD and Docter III attachments

• fixed Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x reticle

• standalone EXPS3-0s, Aimpoint Micros and Romeo4Ts were moved a bit forward

1.2.6.04:
  • magnified Romeo4Ts can now change reticles (Previous Optic Mode, by default Shift + NumPad /)
  • Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x 2D version converted to CBA scope
  • improved NGAL textures (thanks to Eagle)
  • Magnifier combos on Larue risers were moved a bit forward to avoid clipping with backup sights on some weapons
 1.2.6.03:
  • fixed VMR-2 reticle was on the first focal plane
  • improved reticles on low magnification for the ATACR-18 and Razor Gen III
  • added tracers to the 7.62mm belts (every fifth round, same as in the RHS mags)
  • changed the reload animation for the 14.5 rifles to Toadie's long barrel animation
 1.2.6.02:
  • added BCM Gunfighter Vertical Grip Mod3 MLOK
  • config improvements for the CBA scopes
  • mid/long range scopes now have the correct mil dot dimensions (compatible with ACE ballistics)
  • fixed: some attachments were not moving with the recoil animations on handguns

1.2.6.01:

• M300C and M600V standalone attachments available on more weapons

• improved (I think) mid/long range scopes (better field of view)

• improved rvmats on the URX4 and SMR rails.

• fixed: attachments not showing on some SR-16s

1.2.6:
  • added M300C and M600V standalone attachments
  • added M110k5s with ACS stocks
  • added black SIG Sauer MCX Virtus variant
  • added PIP scopes for mid/long range scopes (check your CBA settings)
  • small model changes to make the SR-16s more accurate
  • changed the EXPS3-2s to EXPS3-0s since only the latter are used in SOCOM units
  • fixed missing muzzle flip on the handguns

1.2.5:
  • added SIG Sauer MCX Virtus
  • added SIG Sauer Romeo4T
  • added SIG Sauer SRD762
  • many scopes now use the CBA scripted reticle functions (smooth zoom, illuminated reticles - check the CBA options for key-binds)
  • fixed loud Mk48 sounds

Spoiler

1.2.02:
  • added rail versions of the Glock 22
  • fixed clipping of mags on the SR-16s
  • improved the Eotech reticles
  • improved the rvmats on the SOCOM 2 suppressors

1.2.01:
  • added the Surefire SOCOM762-RC2 & Mini2 suppressor
  • fixed the angle of the SR-16 mag well
  • fixed the HK logo on the bolts of the SR-16s
  • fixed the hole in the lowers of all HK416s and SR-16s
  • improved the M110 reload animation/timing

1.2.0:
  • added SR-16s in various configurations (CAG's new blaster)
  • added M110k5 (7.62mm and 6.5mm)
  • added HK416s with 9inch and 13.6inch Midwest handguards (DEVGRU builds)
  • MFT Battlelink Minimalist Stock variants of the HK416s and SR-16s
  • added SIG Sauer P320
  • added Vortex Razor HD Gen III
  • added Eotech 553
  • added KAC 5.56 QDC & QDC/CQB suppressors
  • added some MLOK grips
  • changed the magnifiers and Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x to 3D scopes
  • improved the rvmats on the lenses of most scopes
  • many small config fixes1.1.02:
  • fixed some rvmats
  • fixed "iron sights" on the ShortDots and Nightforce scopes

1.1.01:
  • reintroduced a bit of zoom on the holographic sights/red dots
  • fixed some laser/light combos disappearing when switched
  • fixed bright rear lenses on the Nightforce and ShortDots
  • fixed missing texture on the SR-25 suppressor

1.1.0:
  • added Glock 19 and Glock 22 pistols with accessories
  • added HK416s with Remington handguards
  • added laser/light combos for many RHS weapons
  • changed the unsuppressed sounds to RHS sounds
  • added the RHS grip system to the SAWs and M110k1s
  • added Eotech NGAL laser module
  • added AAC M4-2000 and Dead Air Sandman-S suppressors
  • added Nightforce 1-8x ATACR optics
  • many small config changes/bug fixes

1.02.6:
  • changed T1 & T2 zeroing to 50m
  • fixed T1 & T2 clipping with backpacks in modified prone

1.02.5:
  • added Surefire SOCOM 762-MG
  • fixed red dot sights on the Leupold M3As and ShortDots
  • fixed LA5 lasers
  1.02.4:
  • changed Leupold reticle to RHS' one

1.02.3:
  • still tweaking the red dot sights...

1.02.2:
  • improved aiming on the red dot sights
  • corrected the Shortdot reticles

1.02.1:
  • fixed automatic fire mode on M110s and SR-25s
 1.02:
  • added ammo belts for the Mk48 (100 and 250 rounds)
  • darkened textures for the "tanodised" parts of the HK416s
  • changed Elcan 6X ironsight zeroing to 100m

1.01:
  • added key
  • fixed aiming for EXPS3 and Micro T1 & T2
  • Larue riser instead of UTG for some optics
  • RHS sounds for the M110k1s

1.0: first release

Known issues
 • You cannot switch between reticles on the magnified Romeo4T sights. The switch optic mode function in CBA would be an option, but it is used for flipping the magnifiers.
 • The magazines sit too low on the SR-16. This is to avoid clipping with the bolt.
 • Only the light cone is showing on the SAW laser/light combos, not the light point. No idea how to fix that...
 • Pistol magazines won’t show up if the pistol is holstered. That will be fixed when the next A3 update comes and mod authors add the “showHandgunMagProxy = 1;” to their configs.
 Please report all bug you find.

Future plans
 • to be announced...

Requirements
 • CBA
 • RHS USF

Origin of the content
All of the models and most of the textures I used were not made by me but all of them are either open source or were purchased legally by me (mostly via CGTrader). Here is a list of the original creators:
 • Toadie2K: HK416 base models, Mk46s & 48s, Leupold M3A, Doctor III, Gemtech Halo, Rotex-IIIC, ammo belt, AAC M4-2000
 • ParallaxGameStudios: Geissele rails, EXPS3, ShortDot, Micro T-2, G33, M300C, M600V, Daniel Defense VFG, Larue FUG, SOCOM 1, Nightforce ATACR, NGAL, Glock 19, P320, URX4, Magpul RVG, Daniel Defense M-LOK VFG, Magpul MVG, Magpul M-LOK AFG, Surefire X300U-B
 • Hans Christian Lie Johannessen: M110k1, KAC 7.62 QDC/CRS
 • Kiory: Harris Bipod
 • natelaurin: 3X magnifier
 • n3600: Vortex Razor HD Gen II
 • janxo: LA5B, M603V, Surefire Switch, SOCOM 2
 • 3DSanTan: KAC VFG, Sandman-S
 • TeoCG: Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x
 • zraider: Micro T1, dual switch
 • Artistwall07: Larue riser, Midwest rails, MFT stock
 • chamferzone: Glock 22
 • san_san37: L3 magnifier
 • warden_1: Vortex Razor HD Gen III
 • madmax1539: Eotech 553
 • Kerj-3D: Grip-pod
 • Krycek & 4Echo: Pistol rail mount

Credits
Along with these talented creators I have some other people to thank:
 • the RHS team for their outstanding work and the framework for this mod
 • Toadie, Spartan0536 and Navaro for their great add-ons and their kindness to make them open source
 • and to Bohemia Interactive for a great game and their continued support.

Disclaimer
For personal entertainment purposes only.
You are not allowed to reupload parts of this mod or the whole mod without the written permission of the author.
You are not allowed to use parts of this mod or the whole mod in your own creations without the written permission of the author.
You are allowed to retexture parts of the mod using the hidden selections as long as the original mod stays a dependency.
The creator claims no responsibility for any damages this add-on or mod may cause, use at your own risk.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

These are really, really nicely done. Looking forward to getting a proper run with them. Looking forward to seeing the blasters with RAHG!

Been a good couple of months for classy weapons packs. 

• Like 1

Played around with it a bit, what can I say? It's great! 😁
Can't wait to see what's next, both here and in your cag/delta mod. I have an idea/suggestion, I don't know how doable it is or if it's possible but I'll put it here regardless. The MK48 is currently using the m240 mags from rhs and it looks a bit weird (also clips through the arm), since it's a first release I'm sure it may be a temporary solution and it'll eventually change when you update the mod. My question is: Would it be possible to make a custom mag or an ammo belt for it? Pictures for reference:

MK48.png

WrLpBvE.jpg

As I said, just an idea/suggestion, not a request. In any case, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, red_spring said:

Played around with it a bit, what can I say? It's great! 😁
Can't wait to see what's next, both here and in your cag/delta mod. I have an idea/suggestion, I don't know how doable it is or if it's possible but I'll put it here regardless. The MK48 is currently using the m240 mags from rhs and it looks a bit weird (also clips through the arm), since it's a first release I'm sure it may be a temporary solution and it'll eventually change when you update the mod. My question is: Would it be possible to make a custom mag or an ammo belt for it? Pictures for reference:

As I said, just an idea/suggestion, not a request. In any case, keep up the good work!

I have no model for the magazine in the picture but an ammobelt should be possible.

• Like 1

Wow, this looks most excellent!  Gonna use  this with my MARSOC team right now!

Thanks for sharing!  Much appreciated!

Good day, 

DrDetroit

• Like 1

ivS8RjA.png

I have released two small updates in the last hours: EXPS3 and Micro T1&2 aiming should be fixed/better now, Larue riser replaced the old ones on some models and there are now two ammo belts for the Mk48s. Also, I have darkened the HK416 “tanodised” textures. Unless any game breaking bugs are found, do not expect the next update to be so soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, fingolfin said:

I have no model for the magazine in the picture but an ammobelt should be possible.

I'm pretty sure there's a 50-round nut sack in RHS already.  Although it's possible it's in Toadie's MG weapons.

These look beautiful!

5 minutes ago, gatordev said:

I'm pretty sure there's a 50-round nut sack in RHS already.  Although it's possible it's in Toadie's MG weapons.

These look beautiful!

You can already use the RHS 50rnd mag on the Mk48s.

1 minute ago, fingolfin said:

You can already use the RHS 50rnd mag on the Mk48s.

That's what I was saying.  I would think it would address red_spring's magazine size issue.  But maybe not.

1 minute ago, gatordev said:

That's what I was saying.  I would think it would address red_spring's magazine size issue.  But maybe not.

I think is was about a 100rnd mag that doesn't clip with the arm. Anyway, the ammo belts are a good stopgap for now (and have only minimal clipping).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

I have released two small updates in the last hours: EXPS3 and Micro T1&2 aiming should be fixed/better now, Larue riser replaced the old ones on some models and there are now two ammo belts for the Mk48s. Also, I have darkened the HK416 “tanodised” textures. Unless any game breaking bugs are found, do not expect the next update to be so soon.

Thank you so much for the ammo belt, the MK48 looks so cool now! The clipping is minimal (I don't mind, it's not an issue) and it looks good. 😁 
And yes, when I replied to the thread the idea was to have a mag that doesn't clip with the arm, I wasn't complaining about the mag size and all that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, red_spring said:

The MK48 is currently using the m240 mags from rhs and it looks a bit weird

Mk48s do accept the side-mounting M240 50rnd cloth nutsacks and the old M60 100rnd cardboard box holder, using a side-mounting bracket

https://imgur.com/a/9vitZ4e

Same setup the M240 has but with a different mounting bracket AFAIK. It's just that since the Mk48 has the benefit of being side-ejecting rather then bottom-ejecting (like the M240 is), they were also able to make Minimi-style pouches that hang on the underside of the gun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Mk48s do accept the side-mounting M240 50rnd cloth nutsacks and the old M60 100rnd cardboard box holder, using a side-mounting bracket

https://imgur.com/a/9vitZ4e

Same setup the M240 has but with a different mounting bracket AFAIK. It's just that since the Mk48 has the benefit of being side-ejecting rather then bottom-ejecting (like the M240 is), they were also able to make Minimi-style pouches that hang on the underside of the gun.

That's interesting, thanks! I guess I'm not used seeing it that way. 😏

I've opened a discussion topic regarding weapon sounds on the workshop page. So, If you want me to keep the NIArms sounds or change them to RHS, you can vote.

I like your options.  Sound is, of course, subjective, but I've enjoyed RHS unsuppressed sounds better, but Todie's suppressed (specifically his MK18 suppressed) sounds were just a bit louder and seemed "better" to me when comparing shooting the real thing.  Hearing that sound on your suppressed 416's is a nice addition.

Regardless, thanks for at least entertaining the idea.

• Like 2

Good news, I’ve managed to get the RHS grip system working on the Mk46/48s. So, you can enjoy different grip/bipod combos in black and camo variants.

LStLBgc.jpg

Also, I started making my attachments available for RHS weapons. As you can see, there will be specific models for each weapon type including switches and cables:

qVVqTLy.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

thats awesome. really great work here.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hythloday_ said:

Oo, do those attachments updates include the RHS MP7? 

Maybe not all of the attachments but a LA-5B and a LA-5B/M300C combo for the MP7 are definitely possible. 😉

• Like 4

Hi, @fingolfin. I just want to say thank you for the work you are putting in with this mod and for sharing it with the community. This is top quality stuff and using it has rekindled my interest in playing Arma -- as they always do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A small progress report: The attachments for the SCARs, M4 Block IIs, Mk18s, M249s and MP7s are done. I think I’ll leave it at that. Normal M4 are not really in SOCOM-use anymore. Maybe in a later update... The model files are quite big, and I don’t want to increase the file size too much.

scRYRgv.png

T6pl8eV.png

... and a MP7 for @Hythloday_:

dg71zof.png

I've also added a grip/bipod combo for the M110s, so I could reduce the number of weapon models. Don’t worry, all the classnames are still there (just hidden).

Next step will be adding HK416s with Remington handguards.

Regarding the sounds: You can still vote on the workshop page if I should change them or not.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I wouldnt bother with attachments for block 1 M4s either, unless you get a M3X model and the old insight dual switch for those block 1.5 setups. are the LA-5Bs alone going to be available on the standard M4s though? because that would be really nice at the very least.