TheoneandonlyNOR

Making mission - need assistance!

Hello,

I am making a mission for me and some friends, but since its long time I done this I do not remember it all...

What I need to know:

1. How to activate units that has "false" in their condition of presence. with help of trigger.

2. I want a convoy (3 vehicles) drive on road to unload troops (1 transport vehicle) and 2 HMG car's guard area. How to set this up? (with waypoints and no scripting)

3. Make AI not use any NVG's and flashlight turned on... (night mission). Allso make their spotting skill low so they most likley wont see any1 coming before they are lighting up.  ( can use script here if unit init wont help.)

4. players go in kill target/target's and than get new objective to leave area with help of helli transport or plane. (airfield are close by. But if helli than player use green smoke to signal it.)

5. Searchlights!!! how to make AI use them or/and how to make them be turned on at all time. Maybe also do a rotation from 90* , 0* , -270*.

Tanks in advance for all the help I can get.

Have a good weekend! 🙂 

Can that happen? They do not exist. Maybe hide them and disable their simulation or something.

Drivers in CARELESS moving at slow with the disembark waypoints for the HMGs to have the units not in the transport vehicle condition.

For spotting this in the iniPlayerLocal.sqf

player setUnitTrait ["camouflageCoef", ("PARAM_CAMO_coef" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue )/ 10];
player setUnitTrait ["audibleCoef", ("PARAM_Hear_coef" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue )/ 10];

For flashlights:

And politely speaking most of the above was found with a very simple google search. The others I have used personally. So maybe you could try helping yourself that way :scratchchin:

• Like 4

@TheoneandonlyNOR,

1. How to activate units that has "false" in their condition of presence. with help of trigger.

Condition of Presence occurs too early in the load cycle to be useful in this way. Spawning units in place would be the preferred method.

2. I want a convoy (3 vehicles) drive on road to unload troops (1 transport vehicle) and 2 HMG car's guard area. How to set this up? (with waypoints and no scripting)

This will almost certainly not achieve the results you have in mind.

3. Make AI not use any NVG's and flashlight turned on... (night mission). Allso make their spotting skill low so they most likley wont see any1 coming before they are lighting up.  ( can use script here if unit init wont help.)

You can paste this into the init of any unit in the group,

null=[this] spawn {{_x addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight"; _x enableGunLights "forceOn";} forEach units group (_this select 0);};

players go in kill target/target's and than get new objective to leave area with help of helli transport or plane.

You may be able to approximate this with support modules but check your expectations.

Searchlights!!!

Looks like @JohnKalo posted the definitive answer.

Have fun!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Can that happen? They do not exist. Maybe hide them and disable their simulation or something.

Drivers in CARELESS moving at slow with the disembark waypoints for the HMGs to have the units not in the transport vehicle condition.

For spotting this in the iniPlayerLocal.sqf

player setUnitTrait ["camouflageCoef", ("PARAM_CAMO_coef" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue )/ 10];
player setUnitTrait ["audibleCoef", ("PARAM_Hear_coef" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue )/ 10];

For flashlights:

And politely speaking most of the above was found with a very simple google search. The others I have used personally. So maybe you could try helping yourself that way :scratchchin:

Thanks for this, it will really help me allot.

Well for the first question about the condition of presence with help of the trigger. I know this is possible cuz I made this before. Its just that its over a year or so I did this so I do not remember how.

I had everything on a folder (Arma 3 Stuff) But all that is lost due to my stupidity of formating my computer. xD

Cuz if presence is set to "False" you should be able to turn that arround with the trigger. I believe I made this happen due to something I wrote in the activation init for the trigger. But I do not remember what that was.

• Like 1

Convoy:

33 minutes ago, TheoneandonlyNOR said:

Well for the first question about the condition of presence with help of the trigger. I know this is possible cuz I made this before. Its just that its over a year or so I did this so I do not remember how.

Cuz if presence is set to "False" you should be able to turn that arround with the trigger. I believe I made this happen due to something I wrote in the activation init for the trigger. But I do not remember what that was.

No. You can't override the presence (false/true or %) you set in the editor. Nor with a trigger, neither a script in scenario. You probably did something else you didn't remember.

Convoy:

A convoy is usually OK until it falls into combat. At this stage, they are many possibilities according to vehicle ability to move, infantry embarked group(s) disembarking...

The setting of a convoy should be:

- link vehicle to leader vehicle, one by one in good order;

- group set to staggered column (mandatory), speed limited, behaviour SAFE (if you want gunners to react).

+

- in init field of all vehicles: if isServer then {driver this disableAI "autoCombat"; this setConvoySeparation 30}; // 30 is an example

Make sure you apply all this stuff at the right place (it's easy to make a mistake and apply that to embarked group!, if any)

If an infantry group is just "embarked" (no waypoint), it finally disembark in combat but will never re-embark.

That's for land vehicles. Helicopters are harder to manage.

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Convoy:

No. You can't override the presence (false/true or %) you set in the editor. Nor with a trigger, neither a script in scenario. You probably did something else you didn't remember.

Convoy:

A convoy is usually OK until it falls into combat. At this stage, they are many possibilities according to vehicle ability to move, infantry embarked group(s) disembarking...

The setting of a convoy should be:

- link vehicle to leader vehicle, one by one in good order;

- group set to staggered column (mandatory), speed limited, behaviour SAFE (if you want gunners to react).

+

- in init field of all vehicles: if isServer then {driver this disableAI "autoCombat"; this setConvoySeparation 30}; // 30 is an example

Make sure you apply all this stuff at the right place (it's easy to make a mistake and apply that to embarked group!, if any)

If an infantry group is just "embarked" (no waypoint), it finally disembark in combat but will never re-embark.

That's for land vehicles. Helicopters are harder to manage.

Okay, than it prob. been simulation activate.. 

The convoy I done now. are not even in group. first car in front has speed to slow and safe. Same with the transport vehicle and the car behind. They have 1 guard point (activate with trigger.. ) -> 2 Move waypoint (were they set to slow and safe) -> 3 first car have seek and destroy, second car have guard (trigger area synced) and the transport vehicle have Unload Transport. The squad in the transport have only 1 waypoint that is seek and destroy (I believe they wont do that waypoint before they get unloaded.)

Another thing just came up.

Our mission is to kill 2 general's and than move to safe zone than get helli to evac. us... I set 2 waypoints "destroy" on each general's and than a move waypoint to the evac zone. Than a "Get in Nearest". Now ofc I wish to be needed to throw smoke to signal the helli. But that does not have to be done. I need to know how to get the chopper to land and pick us up than leave.. What I have done is set a trigger that need to be activated after the 2 general's are dead. how to do this?

The trigger should than activate the chopper that will then move to the evac site and land to pick us up or wait for us there and than leave when we are inside. 

regards for all help so far!

I gave you a mean for true convoy. Yours is just 3 groups with more or less coordination. (you can link waypoints to each other in order to synchronize the moves).

Keep in mind that a safe behavior is automatically switched to aware then combat under enemy contact. (see what I wrote for driver)

Difficult to understand your scenario, especially the relation between convoy and players.

1 - how many player? SP or MP?

2 - the "get in nearest"? what for?

3 - for general's trigger just place a trigger with the condition such as: {alive _x} count [gen1,gen2] == 0 // if you named them gen1 & gen2

4 - after that, you can spawn an helo somewhere (if not already existing) and make it rally the player... but you can also addAction for calling it. See the link given by JohnKalo

• Like 1

1. we are 4 guys. MP. 

2. Does not have to be nearest, just targeting the chopper.

3.  thanks I will try...

4. I will check this out...

Rep+++

Another question regardless of this matter...

1. how to make a "Low Gear" add action for vehicles? I wish them to hold D1 when this option is on. Due to mountains/off-road driving.