dragonflyfan

Reinforcements activated to hold captured sectors in support game mode

Hi All,

I am modifying a version of KP Support to play with my Father.  In this 'support' style mission BluFor and OpFor are versus each other to control sectors. What I am hoping to add to the mission is to have a secondary BluFor squad / faction provide reinforcements at the sectors once they are captured by BluFor.

The story I am wanting to tell is that SF are airlifted into the sectors to liberate and capture them, once they are captured by BluFor then a UN force reinforces the captured sector by sending an APC and trucks with food and medical supplies. 

I'm hoping someone might be able to advise / instruct me on how I can achieve this within the editor. Is this is a case of adding a script to the AI spawn units or triggers and waypoints.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jas 

A game logic Unlock can be synced to a sector, and a trigger of a side(Activation) can be synced to the logic.

When the sector is captured any things connected to the side trigger will be activated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uw3evrf5c5yf124/example_sector_aispawn_attackdefense.VR.zip?dl=0

Initial AI spawn modules spawn AI who then are sent via waypoints in the AI spawn module to attack the sector.

Once the sector has been captured an AI spawn module of the capturing side spawns reinforcements at the sector, until lost where they will revert to the initial AI spawn module.

Very little script needed( see expression field in AI spawn modules ) as it is all handled via the logics synced to the sectors.

• Like 3

WOW .... this is terrific and complicated, thanks for all your help mate.

I've got it working in VR editor, I'll take some time to understand it and copy it across to my mission on Tanoa, thanks again for all your help, there's no way I could have done this myself. 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks again Larrow.

I've uploaded an amended version if you don't mind checking it out please.

https://we.tl/t-uhpY2FvKRZ

In this version I have included the modules that I have in my mission, they seem to be óver riding' your script when it comes to forcing the AI to move to a sector waypoint once it has been captured.

Is there a different way I can command them to move to waypoint that will take precedent?

Cheers,

I dont have that much experience using the Support Game Mode, but I have set its basics up so it does not produce any errors.

Further setup guidance for this mode can be found here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_MP_Support_Guideline

Most of the other stuff I have provided map comments for.

AI Sector tactics is setup to attack all sectors synced with it.

Defense AI spawn points are ignored by the sector tactics and only provide defence of their specified sector( waypoint given in the AI spawn points Expression field )

DOWNLOAD

• Like 3

Larrow, OMG mate you're the best, you've seriously made my weekend. Thanks for all your help. 🙂 🙂 🙂