What do you mean by "locking"?

.pbo (mod/game files) can't really be locked per se. Anything you pack/encrypt, the public can unpack fairly easily.

Are you referring to "Signing" mod files for Server anti-cheat online/public hosting play?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

Maybe he means create a pbo, or if not that, possibly set a password for a pbo so its actually locked and it requires and entry password to access it?

2 hours ago, Von Quest said:

.pbo (mod/game files) can't really be locked per se. Anything you pack/encrypt, the public can unpack fairly easily.

Not technically true - Mikero's paid tool set offers the ability to encrypt/obfuscate the PBOs preventing them from being unpacked (at least afaik).

Packing a normal PBO and Binarizing the files (P3Ds, config, rvmats etc) prevent the P3Ds from being opened.

5 hours ago, Oguzhan0718 said:

I asked about PBO lockout but if it doesn't work, how does P3D lock?

See my reply immediately above yours 🙄

Thats a pity bout the paywall.I would use that function.BI should have this as an option in addon builder...Way too many addon raiders these days and Nothing gets done about it.Kinda shits ya when you might spend months developing code just for ppl to copy it and upload as a different name with NO mentions of the sacrificial dev/author.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Thats a pity bout the paywall.I would use that function.BI should have this as an option in addon builder...Way too many addon raiders these days and Nothing gets done about it.Kinda shits ya when you might spend months developing code just for ppl to copy it and upload as a different name with NO mentions of the sacrificial dev/author.

Welcome to the internet...🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1