Has anyone noticed since the update all the triggers have the word call{  and your command }

and in the condition instead of simply this its now call{this}

Whats up with that? Does it affect the triggers? why have they added call { to the line? 

I dont understand what its for.. 🙂

• Like 1

Nothing linked with the last Arma update. Just a feature from CBA mod (or perhaps another one). That doesn't hurt. Neither a great improvement.

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Nothing linked with the last Arma update. Just a feature from CBA mod (or perhaps another one). That doesn't hurt. Neither a great improvement.

Ah ok thanks pierremgi. That makes sense actually. I switched off CBA half way through making a mission and manually removed the dependency in the mission file, i think it was after this that it appeared in the triggers.. 

8 hours ago, chrisbaker1981 said:

call{this} 

I had this in some triggers in a mission i built when i copied them to create another task to be connected to them, i believe its from copying and pasting

existing triggers with code in them that gets the call {this} added, rather then creating a new trigger, cant say for sure.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:49 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

I had this in some triggers in a mission i built when i copied them to create another task to be connected to them, i believe its from copying and pasting

existing triggers with code in them that gets the call {this} added, rather then creating a new trigger, cant say for sure.

You could be right, i copy and paste code all the time, but it was something to do with CBA, after loading up CBA and re loading the mission in eden call{this} isnt there in any of the triggers, without me doing anything else.. Weird.. Anyhow, they all seem to be working thats the main thing.. 

Biggest thing ive learnt is to not start making a mission with mods loaded that i dont intend on utilizing..

• Like 3

I see the same thing in object init when launching without mods.

There is now a gigantic smoking hole on my HD where CBA used to be installed.

Have fun!

• Haha 3

*update,

So even launching without mods, in a fresh scenario I can not put this in an init,

this setVariable ["you_catchphrase", "Eat my shorts, man!"];
[this] spawn {
		private _sayThis = (_this select 0) getVariable "you_catchphrase";
		(_this select 0) sideChat _sayThis;
};

It must be wrapped in a call.

call {this setVariable ["you_catchphrase", "Eat my shorts, man!"];
[this] spawn {
		private _sayThis = (_this select 0) getVariable "you_catchphrase";
		(_this select 0) sideChat _sayThis;
};}

What happened?

Have fun!

Really?

That's the case for ages!

It's a limitation of the editor.

this setVariable ["you_catchphrase", "Eat my shorts, man!"];

0 = this spawn { private _sayThis = _this  getVariable "you_catchphrase"; _this sideChat _sayThis; };

btw, no need to [ ] a single parameter for spawn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@pierremgi,

Really?

That's the case for ages!

Right. Of course. I got wrapped up in the "call" issue and forgot we need to,

null= []spawn {};

Goes to show how often I use init fields. Now that I think about it "call" seems like less of an issue considering the above.

btw, no need to [ ] a single parameter for spawn.

Technically. I'm trying to be more structurally consistent with fewer exceptional circumstances. All spawns can have a params array even when empty. Later, if I need to jam something in there,  it's all set. Unless that causes any issues I'm unaware of. Please advise if that is so.

Thanks!

Have fun!

• Like 1

No, nothing hurt. The gain in performance is not significant. Question of preference.

• Like 2