Capt Steel88

Tanoa mission editing - editing runway

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions that I'm seeking a answer on, which i haven't found a good outcome to as yet. Basically what I'm trying trying to do is build up the South west Airport in Tanoa.

So adding a terminal, runway etc...that the goal.

The questions i have is the following:

1. Is there anyway to "Flatten Terrain", or is the a specific block, that people are using to raise buildings and create them level so to speak?

2. What is the best suggestion to Concreate the grass runway in your opinion? 

13 hours ago, Capt Steel88 said:

South west Airport in Tanoa.

That would be the Bala Airstrip correct?

If thats the case then ...

1. Is there anyway to "Flatten Terrain", or is the a specific block, that people are using to raise buildings and create them level so to speak?

One thing you can try but not sure if you want that, is use grasscutter which basically cuts the grass and smooths out the ground for the current runway.

Grasscutter if your interested can be found under  Props -----> Signs ----> Helpers

or just type in grass in the search box and it will be in the list.

Another method would be to use a platform, take a look at it, it looks like a long sidewalk

Props ----> Structures (Altis) -----> Services -------> Ghost Hotel (Platform)

what you can do with it, is place a grasscutter first to cut the terrain (grass) smooth, then put the platform down, you will need alot of them but place about 4-5 of them side by side

and with the length going with the length of the runway.

Or another approach would be use:

Props --------> Structures (Altis) --------> Seaport --------> Pier (Concrete)

The pier is huge, and alot longer then the one above, its also wide enough to cover the whole existing width of the runway, one side, you still have to put a few down

then when you do place them you have to turn off Vertical mode and surface snapping so you can lower the pier down to just above the ground, if you dont then the pier will

sit about a foot of the ground when snapped to it, it will work for what your looking for as it will make for a smooth runway if your looking to modernize the airport.

2. What is the best suggestion to Concreate the grass runway in your opinion? 

Above last method 😉

Hope that helps give you some ideas to play with, or answers your questions. Cheers!

• Like 1

Is this something you had in mind?

Took me 15min but i used the pier concretes for the concrete, they are the largest objects for concrete otherwise you end up with many objects vs 1-2 large ones.

As for planes interacting or working with the runway see last 3 pics.

RGpWWBfh.jpg

YdkQXJ1h.jpg

OfmmO47h.jpg

a1qGdmxh.jpg

PTIAGDih.jpg

B0dLJIJh.jpg

HwJFY9xh.jpg

hKXYYAOh.jpg

Atm there is a couple bumps which is a couple intersections, one being higher then another but that can be easily adjusted, otherwise its very smooth!

I can give you the mission if you want but imo thats what i would do.

• Like 4

Yes, very cool like this. And for guys who want to create their own airport, on a flat area or ashore, have a look at this BIKI page.

• Like 3