Reptilienski

2.0 wired issue, I got sudden FPS boost?(not drop, I am serious)

So the wired thing happens to me after the 2,0 update, let me explained, it really confused me.

First before the 2.0 update, me and my firends playing 1.98 version on our private without any performance issue for months, when the game was in 1.98 my average frame rate in my private server is around 35-90 fps depends on the location on maps(which is pretty good, without other performance issues). And after the 2.0 update, I noticed that my average frame rate when playing in my private server  dropped to 15-50 fps(I checked, V-sync is not on), and very unstable. And then there was a wired sutation, after playing with my friends in the server for around 20 mins, my frame rates suddenly boosted back to its 1.98 time, around 35-90, this lasted for around 5 mins, and then the performance gone bad a again, with the frame rate dropped back to around 15-50 average.

This issue confused me alot, from my understanding, if it is due to a optimization issue, the performance should always stay in a bad stage right? so how this sudden Frame rate boost/ perfromance back to normal happened? I never heard any other ARMA3 plyers had such wired issue before. And we are playing in the same private sever with same server setting back in 1.98, and all my friends using same mod sets with me,  anyway I can confirmed nothing on server side or client side had changed afrer I updated to 1.98, and i never changed any seting on my windows, nor on my pc hardwares, but this wired performance issue just happened and confused me.  It is like my CPU forgot to performance when i start playing the game and suddently the CPU remember it need to boost the game and then go to lazy mode again.

Any one got any ideas how this happened and any possible fixes?

maybe rpt gives some clues whats happening

Imho, it's more related to your mission scripts than any massive engine change in 2.0 version.

The fact is that some commands (like setObjectTextureGlobal) has been fixed or tweaked. Read the spotrep. So, it's not impossible that your scripts run slightly differently from 1.8 environment. And, check also for some recently updated mods. Usually, there are far more demanding on resource than Arma vanilla.