Sign in to follow this  
bowzerdawg

Making an assault aircraft carriers!

Greeting, OFP gamers! I’m new to this game, just bought it two weeks ago! My question on this board is if it is possible to make helicopters and VSTOL planes to land and take off from addon assault carrier ships like the USS Wasp class aircraft carriers and Kiev Class Aircraft carriers. Or do I need to buy the Resistance addon and update it to 1.91 version to make this work? This is no problem for me. I was planning on getting a copy this weekend. Also, does it require a lot of script writing to make helicopters land on it and infantry units walk around on aircraft carriers? I’ve seen some screenshoots of addon designers making aircraft carriers that are still in beta stage but they didn’t say if it was for OFP 1.46 or OFP Resistance! I have OFP version 1.46 and I am planning on making a Wasp class and Kiev class aircraft carriers with Marine Corps and Russian aircraft like the Ch-46, Ch-53, UH-1N, AH-1W, Yak38, Harrier, Ka-27, Mi-28. It’s for a campaign I want to create about Russian and Marine Snipers based on the excellent “USMC Ghillie sniper suit†and “TOW Marines†from flashpoint.org until Independence Lost is released. Thanks for any input!

The way I understand it, you'd have to get at least OFP:Resistance, because the collision detection is improved in v1.75 in such a manner that Helicopters can land on buildings, bridges, ships, ect. I guess it would be easy to get even AI choppers to land on a static LSD, with an invisible H on the deck. Haven't tried it tho

Thanks for the response. That’s what I was just thinking just now, make a carrier as a static object or as an island if I re-edit the maps or make a new map! I’ll experiment both after I get OFP:R and post pics if I’m almost done unless if Independence Lost is going to be released sometime soon!  crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bowzerdawg @ Jan. 28 2003,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for the response. That’s what I was just thinking just now, make a carrier as a static object or as an island if I re-edit the maps or make a new map! I’ll experiment both after I get OFP:R and post pics if I’m almost done unless if Independence Lost is going to be released sometime soon!  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Independence Lost better be released soon because at the rate BIS is going, by the time they do release it, all the features of Independence Lost will already be available for OFP but for free.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

VTOL ? Hahahaha No way biggrin.gif . I know that, i making a V-22 Osprey.

At least some more info on the project would be nice. This is like when we were all waiting for ressistance. Only like 5 pics released of basicly all landscapes and bridges. It makes me crazy.

bowzer, i wish u the best as an aircraft carrier seems like a holy grail to ofp fans, lol!

However before u start, it would be a good idea to do a search on the various carrier projects being carried out in the past. That would save u countless frustration as there are limitations of ofp engine.

For starters, u need to conduct experiments on overcoming the 64m geometry limits and 100m roadway LOD limits, cos your soldiers or objects will fall through the surface and drop to sea if your carrier is too long.

This is the major obstacle to a working carrier. no aircraft will land on a short runway and 64m will only land one sea harrier.

Secondly, u might not be able to transport aircrafts and move together with the carrier, probably works on linear with setvelocity, turn and your aircrafts land on the sea.

Anyway, nothing is impossible, only time and patience ( and thinking outta the box) will create the prototype. The reason for my post is not to discourage u, but to encourage u to experiment and cut down your trial and errors time by searching past post. All the best! smile.gif

Guest BratZ

Please will someone just make a Aircraft Carrier! I am making WW2 planes and if noone makes a AC suppose I will have to.

We need one to land and take off from so that we can at least have battles.

Doesn't have to be movable,altho thatd be nice,just that everything would drop in the water when you move

If I make one I was thinking of proxy like positions for my planes,of course only the specific planes  would be able to park their.But if someone doesn't make one soon,I have a few ideas

And would have to make all people move in a position when it moves

BTW I would be willing to help anyone making a WW2 era carrier.Multiple gunner positions isn't a problem as the carrier would have to be made in sections anyways

Just make the one big model and texture I can split it up and get it in game please

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Jan. 28 2003,20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">VTOL ? Hahahaha No way biggrin.gif . I know that, i making a V-22 Osprey.<span id='postcolor'>

I think you would be able to get your Osprey to work now, if you look at all the features in the DKM Commanche and the video with the harrier from one of the mods, it should be possible. Try and ask around....

Hovmand is right. If you'd just not give up you'd be successful but it seems you have. Shame, shame, shame. I would have liked to experience the capabilities of the osprey.... You haven't given up on the osprey have you?

Yes i've given up now. For this moment i making a gears. This osprey have been tested on VTOL script, yes a script from the Video Harrier. I have some problems with animations. This problem is animation limitation. I can't make multiple animation and i can't configure RTM for aircraft because it isn't possible to do in the OFP game sad.gif .

you want something like that:

gro.jpg

gro1.jpg

For an AC that can move the mod makers should probly ask BAS for help.  See if they can do it like with the helicopter where you "lock down" the unit while the helicopters in motion and then "unlock" it when you've come to a halt.

Edit: Oh and Spad you better start talking. Where can I get me one of those tounge.gif Yours or somebody elses?

Are there any information on this carrier?

Or will it now disappear and never be released like the others we´ve seen over the last 12months?

MfG Lee wink.gif

yes is mine and it need more work on the path lod and the roadway but if someone want it now to help me i can send it

So what's wrong with the aircraft carrier I suggest release a beta version and and fix it later. As in beta version I mean release it now pleaze.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (spad @ 28 April 2003,06:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes is mine and it need more work on the path lod and the roadway but if someone want it now to help me i can send it<span id='postcolor'>

Why don't you get BAS to help you that's what they are for they will help bring that aircraft/helicopter carrier up to scratch and pretty much help you to "set the standard" in addon making. Why i'm pretty sure they'll evan help you to get those guns working.

Just to let you know, The Falklands Mod have 2 working carriers, one of wich is over 700feet long.

Unfortunately they will only be released when the mod is complete.

The problem is that those aircraft carriers are British I would like to c the traditional US small aircraft carrier and USSR aircreaft carrier which is classeed as a cruiser

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (coporal_punishment @ 28 April 2003,07:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (spad @ 28 April 2003,06:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes is mine and it need more work on the path lod and the roadway but if someone want it now to help me i can send it<span id='postcolor'>

Why don't you get BAS to help you that's what they are for they will help bring that aircraft/helicopter carrier up to scratch and pretty much help you to "set the standard" in addon making. Why i'm pretty sure they'll evan help you to get those guns working.<span id='postcolor'>

er, probably not, we are busy with our own projects...

Pbreachler if you know how resolve the path lod and the roadway lod i'll send it to you