c00ster

Wind Turbine

I have seen a few places where people are looking for answers about why we can't build the wind turbine, even having all the required resources. I have not seen an answer to any of them yet.

I am having the same issue. Do you have to build the generator first?  If not, I think the game is broken.  I have 3x the amount of wire required to build the wind turbine and it is still grayed out.

They don't care, mate. I switched from Nintendo to Xbox and looks that both Electric generator and Wind turbine are not available. I have not reached yet Level 13, but I see already the grey for Electric generator is darker than other items. This was identical in Nintendo, resulting in the unavailability of the item. It's either they blocked the items for newcomers or a game bug. I think they just blocked it. Thank you Vigor! For your customer service as well, you are best! 

• Haha 1

Yeah, I guess the only way to get their attention is when people quit paying to play their game. I've already spent a few hundred for crowns in the month I have been playing, but screw them if they aren't even going to acknowledge people. I am already figuring out that this game is going to be lame after awhile.  I've already max-built my lodge, gathering resources seems pointless, especially if the game won't let you use them on things like the turbine and generator.  But even then, what is the whole point?  Same encounters over and over again, I can't do any more modifications to my lodge- can't even play the video game that is upstairs.  And what's the point of the Rubik's Cube?  The more I play this game, the more redundant and pointless it becomes.

• Like 1

Any good alternatives on Xbox? I played a lot Fortnite on Switch, but on Xbox is very different and so much sweatier. Plus this season is so lame. 

So I am looking for alternatives. Even paid. Maybe I should look for something offline, I am not the best player 🙂

PS I just reached level 13 Shelter on Xbox , I didn't gather the whole lot materials for the Electric generator (didn't see the point), but I have more than enough resources for the Wind turbine. Guess what, it is locked. Stupid game. 

Fun fact - my first encounter today, I saw your name amongst the outlanders. Good level, 40 🙂

Found the answer by myself, I wonder why was it so difficult for people here to tell us.

You need to have first the Electric generator, then Wind turbine becomes available.

Thanks Vigor! :))

sorry, I haven't been back here in awhile because (obviously) it is pointless.

Now I am so frustrated with the game because it won't let me config my controller.  I absolutely hate the setup on my xbox controller for vigor.  The joy sticks are a pain in the ass.  Try to run and the Y stick tends to fail when I am being shot at and trying to run for cover- just sits there like a retard waiting to absorb full clips.  Even worse, every time I get into a close encounter with another player, my aim stick constantly puts it in scope mode and gets me killed.  I want to be able to config my own controller or at least be able to turn off the f'n scope so it doesn't pop on every time I try to aim'

It's not the controller, because it works fantastic every other game I play.  Controller config should be an option on every single game.  I should be able to set up my controller to work how I want it to, not just adjust sensitivity, which is basically BS too on this game.

I was always a PS player from the time I graduated from Nintendo to the new stuff.  Back in the day, I used to envy people with xbox because I thought the games were better.  I should have done some review research before I bought the new xbox because I seriously think I would have liked the PS4 much better.  I hate the xbox controllers.

I'm curious, is ALL online gaming so crappy?  Loading issues, server issues, etc.- or is that all just xbox?

I hear you mate, exactly same things happen to me while in the game - running is impaired when I need most, also happens to have the aim switched (by itself?) to scope in a close combat. I thought it was just me, being bad with the controls, but if you say happens to you as well, then it's not me. Don't know what to say...Maybe some devs can answer to this one. 

By the way, for me also because of pressing the left joystick too hard (probably), now it happens sometimes when I stop the character, but he keeps on moving to the right, so I need to move the joystick to left to make it stopped. Kind of strange mechanics, not sure happens because I screwed up the controller or it just happens. 

Other games - I only played Fortnite (a lot), where controls are editable, so didn't have these issues. 

Did you manage to build the wind turbine yet?