smokedog3para

Sangin District Helmand Province.V4

Awesome!

Thank you!!!

Nice! Another Afghanistan map to build missions on!

Your screenshot in the OP is not showing at least not for me, but more screenshots would be cool to see,

should get more folks interested in your map.

5 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Nice! Another Afghanistan map to build missions on!

Your screenshot in the OP is not showing at least not for me, but more screenshots would be cool to see,

should get more folks interested in your map.

Hi bud yes pita uploading to the forums as no drag and drop but will do some today and upload. 

7 hours ago, smokedog3para said:

yes pita uploading to the forums as no drag and drop but will do some today and upload. 

I see you got the screenshots up, looks great, even on the workshop, you can always use imgur https://imgur.com/

why is there a white film over your screenshots, is that because of the site your using, or is it something artistic you were going for?

I subbed to it btw on the workshop!

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I see you got the screenshots up, looks great, even on the workshop, you can always use imgur https://imgur.com/

why is there a white film over your screenshots, is that because of the site your using, or is it something artistic you were going for?

I subbed to it btw on the workshop!

Thanks for the sub appreciated i will email you with your ISAF manual asap.

lighting is getting rolled back, the uv showing on the uk bridge is being sorted for jbad objects and tanoa is no longer defied in config so update incoming.

• Like 1

Was that weird, white filter applied to the photos for... A realistic look?

I love it when people make their own custom lighting and not use the vanilla one, the shadows and overall colors look really good!

I absolutely loved every version of this map and it's amazing how you worked on it for 10 years!

Congrats on the release!

By the way, I looked into your mod ( just like I do with everything else, no malicious intent :) ) and I think those sky textures are from Take on Helicopters, not made by someone.

alpha male cat done the skybox edit think it is a2 oa tweaked and new cloud, we tested a few versions before we settled with what we have all images of terrain lighting was posted in the sangin discord as it progressed.

Congratulations on the release. Had a look round and very impressed, just need to get a game going on it.

Minor issue, has the floating windsock at the control tower been highlighted? It’s about a metre or so from the pole

@smokedog3para want to report that the bomb craters on the map makes the player jump up and down, like the screenshakes.

Can anyone else confirm this on their end?

I tested all the craters you can walk into, and the ones you can walk past, they all do the same thing.

updated sangin 

Deleted ammo crates random appeared in fields 

Deleted untextured bridge 

Deleted blast markers 

Reverted to old lighting config ca world Tanoa

Added Smoke bi key for servers.

Lighting is still being worked on same for water if you have a fix and want to pass it over it would be welcomed.

If any other one is interested in getting involved in Tactical battlefield Environments we are looking to expand the team .

TBE Have a patreon account where you can join to get the extra content to go alongside Sangin and Jalalabad upon release Manuals and digital maps will be available, by joining the patreon we will be giving out early access 

to Jbad and all our other unreleased terrains once jbad goes beta testing we have Belfast ready in total there are 16 terrains sat here in various states to be ported from A2 into A3

Project Goals

To run servers hosting missions with a back story that sits along side each terrain these terrains will have Intel via an ISAF field guide and a Taliban handbook both having intel relevant to the terrain,

both sides having intel on each other to a limited degree to use in planning operations working with the story line, time line runs from 2006 onwards using real world data to achieve more realistic campaigns for long term game play we have put more emphasis on supply and infrastructure to give more options for missions to really cripple either faction if the supply chain gets hit  power, industry, governmental buildings , fuel over the longer period.

TBE Website to keep an updated website hosting latest stats for our server and Addons maps and manuals. incorporating the TBE umbrella all in one place.

Mission maker to make real world missions for use on TBE servers using intel from TBE manuals.

Texture artist Retexture assets to give more variety to building assets we currently have and any new assets, TBE logo design.

3D Modeler to make a few iconic buildings from Jalalabad.

Admin,/Promotions to keep all the channels updated Server updated and monitored Website maintained and updated .

What can we offer in return, access to all Jbad and TBE assets, you will be joining a good, team you will get our manuals and maps, Join our dev channel on Discord, and once the digital download maps and manuals go on sale potential profit.

I have been in contact with a Map makers to get quotes for making ingame map of sangin and jbad as we will get both made up but may put these up on our website for the hardcore out there to purchase.

• Like 1

Thanks m8.I've been really short of pc time so i havnt had time to mess with the lighting/water values.If you've changed to BIS lighting, the water colour code i sent should work good.:)

If you dont have that anymore, give me a yell via pm.I'll resend.I still gonna do a couple of tests using a tiny bit of the old lighting values.

Steve.

:sorry:

Such great looking map! Thanks!   Friendly AI does have some odd path issues at times I'm trying to learn to work with.

It’s an old ARMA bug but last few time played (pre and post update) we have had the problem of enemy AI shooting and phasing through the compound walls