HI there, how you doing?

So im using the dynamic simulation option in the performance section under attributes in Eden.

I set the distance to what i want, in this case 1500m from the player.. then enable dynamic simulation on the groups i want.

Then when i test the mission by spectating with a camera, all the AI units are simulated even though the player is about 10km away.

This wastn happening the other night, only since the latest update yesterday is this happening..

Anyone else have any experience with it?

Bottom line is i want to know if my dynamic simulation is working or not, The other day before the update the way i would test it is by placing a player unit within the specified radius to activate animation. And if the player is outside the radius the AI would stop animating. Now it seems to be broken.. And im really cross about this, well not really, but it is frustrating when something suddenly stops working and i dont know why..

Ok figured it out

So its because all the units are defaulted to wake-up dynamically simulated units, so they are waking each other up!

So i just need to uncheck every groups wake up dynamically simulated check box and that solves it.

There are a lot of groups to uncheck this setting.. Oh well..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, according to the docs, you can use the triggerDynamicSimulation command to achieve the same thing from a script. You will have to make sure you won't apply the effect to playable units, so a script like the following should to do the trick

// Declare parameter to make it visible to the whole script
private _AI = []; // Empty array

// Check if we are playing in multiplayer
if(isMultiplayer) then {
	_AI = allUnits - playableUnits; // Get all non-playable units
} else {
	_AI = allUnits - player; // Get all AI (NOT SURE THIS IS NECESSARY IN SINGLE PLAYER)
};

// Go through the units
_AI apply {
	_x triggerDynamicSimulation false; // Apply the command to all of them
};

You could put that in your init.sqf. It should work fine but please note that this is NOT tested, so please treat it with caution. Additionally, this script will apply the command to friendly units too, so if this is not intended behaviour let us know to help you refine.

Please don't hesitate to ask again if anything is not clear or you have further questions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZaellixA said:

Well, according to the docs, you can use the triggerDynamicSimulation command to achieve the same thing from a script. You will have to make sure you won't apply the effect to playable units, so a script like the following should to do the trick

// Declare parameter to make it visible to the whole script
private _AI = []; // Empty array

// Check if we are playing in multiplayer
if(isMultiplayer) then {
	_AI = allUnits - playableUnits; // Get all non-playable units
} else {
	_AI = allUnits - player; // Get all AI (NOT SURE THIS IS NECESSARY IN SINGLE PLAYER)
};

// Go through the units
_AI apply {
	_x triggerDynamicSimulation false; // Apply the command to all of them
};

You could put that in your init.sqf. It should work fine but please note that this is NOT tested, so please treat it with caution. Additionally, this script will apply the command to friendly units too, so if this is not intended behaviour let us know to help you refine.

Please don't hesitate to ask again if anything is not clear or you have further questions.

Thanks Zaellix Yea ill stick with the dynamic simulation, I just got it right now.. Thing is i also have some units with simulation disabled until i enable withi a trigger but thats for a specific purpose.. ANd also to disable their simualtion with another trigger again for a special purpose. So a blanket script like this might mess that up.. not sure. ANyways thanks for the suggestion.. 

• Like 1

Well, if you place the script in your init.sqf you will most probably be fine because this will be run only once at the mission start, so when your "activation" and/or "deactivation" trigger run the behaviour will be as intended (the activation trigger will enable the dynamic simulation).

Nevertheless, you are most welcome and I hope this command or the script will come in handy sometime in the future.

Happy ArmA 🙂.

• Like 2