rgscriven

DMS Statics

Hey all, this is related to the dms statics. Ive created new statics for my server, the thing is what im after and if can be done is to blacklist arty vics also attack choppers from just the some of the static missions.

Can this be done as i hate players just bombing the crap out of a mission instead of going in on foot and testing there arma skills out.

I'd think your best bet is to remove any vehicle with heavy firepower or bulletproof shield from your server entirely. That way people will have no other choice than doing the missions the old school way.

I'd think it's easier done rather than scripting it out of the DMS mission in itself.

sounds easy yes, server will be boring without the vics in general for players that love playing arma

Think about it, there's plenty of "normal" vehicles that have normal firepower.

What are your players gonna do with heavy AA or AT weaponry if they can't use it on your missions ?

They will be allowed to nuke each other but not use the vics on mission ?

Sooooo, you want heavy vehicles on your server, but can't use them on missions. And the server is PVE.

Can I ask what players would do with those vehicles if they can't use them, neither against AI nor other players ?

What is the point of leaving them on your server in the first place ?

In theory, you should be able to achieve this by using the playerNear check (which can be customised per mission, apparently):
Player Near:
    DMS_playerNearRadius                = 800;                        // How close a player has to be to a mission in order to satisfy the "playerNear" mission requirement (can be customized per mission).

I would guess that in theory, if you set the playerNear check to 10000, then players could be 10k away from a mission so could therefor arty them. On some of the statics, you could then set that to 1000 so players have to be closer.

Also, just realised that your last post was a year ago :S