Neonz27

Is there an easy way to spawn massive structures?

I have a mission where I'm wanting to spawn several structures consisting of around 20-25 props each when a trigger is activated. I am fully aware that I can use createVehicle to spawn individual props & pieces of the structure, but is there an easy way for me to spawn the structure as a whole? It seems like quite a task to create multiple triggers each with dozens of addVehicle calls for each individual prop. I hope that I'm wording this in a way that's easy to understand. Thanks to everyone that has & will help me become a better mission editor!

There might be a way since there are scripts which spawn furniture in buildings. Maybe you can take a look at them. An easy way out would be to just hide the structures and then unhide them.

3 hours ago, gc8 said:

So this seems exactly like what I was asking for, but my question is now am I able to use this with the createVehicle command? My idea is to have a trigger that, when activated, creates an instance of the custom composition I created earlier.

Download (in steam workshop) archilles. Go to your mission, start it in editor. Go to zeus, developement tools, and "copy mission sqf"
Place it next to buildings you want to save (make sure you add all those objects to zeus first by zeus -> add objects while in zeus) fill in all the parameters and press "ok"
Than you will see a huge line of code, copy it and pasting it into a script will spawn those buildings for you.

14 hours ago, Neonz27 said:

So this seems exactly like what I was asking for, but my question is now am I able to use this with the createVehicle command? My idea is to have a trigger that, when activated, creates an instance of the custom composition I created earlier.

Not sure actually. I personally use objectgrabber and objectmapper scripts of which the later creates the composition in game. But I'm unsure if it's compatible. but you could try that, I think objectmapper is module in the editor

• Like 2

My point is that the method I described auto generates a script, and all you need to do is paste it in and it auto spawns everything, it already has spawn "this" commands prewritten.
I personally use archilles, so its easy for me and fast. I usually save the code in notepad file to use it later if I want to.

10 hours ago, marki980908 said:

My point is that the method I described auto generates a script, and all you need to do is paste it in and it auto spawns everything, it already has spawn "this" commands prewritten.
I personally use archilles, so its easy for me and fast. I usually save the code in notepad file to use it later if I want to.

I would have no problem using Achilles for this provided we had a Zeus for this mission. I'm less worried about convenience & more concerned with bettering my scripting skills. I figure if I can do what a mod can do in a few lines of code, then it's beneficial to me learning the editor.

11 hours ago, gc8 said:

Not sure actually. I personally use objectgrabber and objectmapper scripts of which the later creates the composition in game. But I'm unsure if it's compatible. but you could try that, I think objectmapper is module in the editor

So, it definitely works. I got a huge array of objects from the ObjectGrabber function & I can create them with the ObjectsMapper function. Now the problem is that I'm basically spawning in new objects. The object properties I can change in the editor have no effect on the array of objects you get from the ObjectGrabber function. I will have to toy about with a work-around in the meantime, but I thank you a lot for introducing these functions to me. I am trying to make the objects that spawn indestructible & have dynamic simulation. I'm also unable to assign init scripts or variable names to the objects.

Currently, I have flag posts that teleport to & from each base. The base only appears when the town near it is captured by Blufor forces. The flags have scripts attached to them, and have to stay visible at all times, but the bases are only constructed once the town is captured which is what I originally wanted!

2 hours ago, Neonz27 said:

I would have no problem using Achilles for this provided we had a Zeus for this mission. I'm less worried about convenience & more concerned with bettering my scripting skills. I figure if I can do what a mod can do in a few lines of code, then it's beneficial to me learning the editor.

You dont have to spawn it while in mission, I mean you can use archilles just to obtain the code, than you can put it in a trigger in eden

That is how programming works.  The cpu only does exactly what you tell it to down to the smallest part.  The way I would build compound structures is to loop through arrays that contain the class, coordinates and UpVector, passing them to createVehicle and setUpVector.  I imagine it might be chaos physics unless you disable sim on each part.  The real hassle is that the vanilla editor does not allow copying to clipboard this data from compositions.😡