tinter

Tinter-Furniture - Dynamic Furniture as a Mod

Based upon my script, I have decided to make a mod for people who aren't mission makers but still want to spice their missions up.

For anyone who doesn't know my script, this mod will spawn premade compositions dynamically as simple objects into houses around the player, removing them when they're out of range.

I have earlier released this as a script:

I will preface this by saying that I really think this works better as a script. The mod will spawn furniture into every house without checking whether the mission maker has placed anything there. It is not feasible to whether a house is intended to be used some other way by the mission maker, thus why this should be implemented on a per mission basis, ideally.

The script is local, so everyone needs to see it running, and the server as well to make furniture block AI line of sight.

Download: https://github.com/Tinter/Tinter-Furniture-Mod/releases/

Github: https://github.com/Tinter/Tinter-Furniture-Mod

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2248165312

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Both the script and mod have been updated now, to fix an issue with furniture double spawning when buildings get partially destroyed.

• Thanks 2

On 10/4/2020 at 7:15 PM, tinter said:

Both the script and mod have been updated now, to fix an issue with furniture double spawning when buildings get partially destroyed.

@tinter Can I include your script version on my script suite with proper credits of course? 😉

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

@tinter Can I include your script version on my script suite with proper credits of course? 😉

Go for it. The more people that can enjoy the mod the better!

Have you used the script some? I'm sort of fishing for feedback here as I haven't gotten a lot.

No news is good news I suppose, but I still can't help but want to hear people's thoughts.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, tinter said:

Go for it. The more people that can enjoy the mod the better!

Have you used the script some? I'm sort of fishing for feedback here as I haven't gotten a lot.

No news is good news I suppose, but I still can't help but want to hear people's thoughts.

Thank you! I will be using the script version this weekend so I will have lots of feedback by then 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinter said:

I've been using it for a while on the Tanoa map, I created custom compositions for the map. It's working perfectly. I would like to make a suggestion, it would be great if we could, define in a black list, places where we do not want you to generate compositions, perhaps by placing a mark and checking BIS_fnc_inTrigger, for example. Thank you and congratulations for the work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Djavu said:

I've been using it for a while on the Tanoa map, I created custom compositions for the map. It's working perfectly. I would like to make a suggestion, it would be great if we could, define in a black list, places where we do not want you to generate compositions, perhaps by placing a mark and checking BIS_fnc_inTrigger, for example. Thank you and congratulations for the work.

Glad to hear it's working well!

As far as adding that as a feature, I'm not sure if I want it to be part of the script, but for now you can do this with a trigger where the condition is set to

true

and the on activation is

{ 
    if ([thisTrigger, _x] call bis_fnc_inTrigger) then { 
    _x   setVariable ["tint_house_blacklisted", true] 
    }; 
} foreach ((getPos thisTrigger) nearObjects ["house_f", (triggerArea thisTrigger#0 max triggerArea thisTrigger#1)])

then it should automatically blacklist buildings inside of the trigger when the mission starts.

I hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tinter said:

Script version is great and I've been using it for a while now. It's very easy to set up for different compositions depending on the setting too. I'd prefer the scripted version anyway. Less mods for others to worry about and it's been easy to make some minor edits to the included compositions from mission to mission.

• Like 2

Just tested the script version again and had only a -2 fps impact in performance overall at a much greater immersion. Totally worth it!

Thank you dear @tinter!

• Like 1