Sign in to follow this  
juleshuxley

Control helicopter gun while piloting

Two things I love? Single Player games and the Hind D.
20201002183427-1.jpg

As great as those missiles are, the nose mounted cannon is completely off limits to a single player like me 😞

Do you fine people think it's possible for me to write a script that enables the mouse to control the gun and camera while the player character sits in the pilot seat and flies with WASD?

I can actually fire the gun as the pilot using BIS_fnc_fire:

[assignedVehicle player, "GI-2"] call BIS_fnc_fire;

It's just a matter of getting the gun track the mouse! How do I do this?

Basically I want to bring the way a single player and AI crew control a tank to helicopters such as the hind D. Is this possible? Can we change the helicopters roles so the gunner seat is classed as a commander seat maybe? (left right foward stop forward 😉)

I've been thinking that it may be possible to have the pilot camera control which direction a gun points, but my idea involves an addon and the animation configuration, not a script for an existing vehicle

14 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

I've been thinking that it may be possible to have the pilot camera control which direction a gun points, but my idea involves an addon and the animation configuration, not a script for an existing vehicle

So you think the actual vehicle file itself needs to be changed?

21 hours ago, juleshuxley said:

So you think the actual vehicle file itself needs to be changed?

I don't know if there is another way. I know in the animation setup for vehicles, you can set things to rotate according to the pilot targeting camera (you know the one you self lase with in a jet), and that should allow rotation of a gun. Plus the pilot targeting camera stabilizer can follow points on the ground, targets, etc. So I have been interested in making a helo or vtol that has a turret following the pilot targeting camera.

But I have had no free time, started a new job in April, had my first child - 4 months old.

I haven't played Arma in months 😕

Haha congratulations. shame about arma though...any idea on any sources where I might find out how to ger the camera to rotate a gun?