mankar-camoran

Creating a sector capture scenario with respawning AI

Hi, I was directed here from r/arma.

Variations of this question have been asked all over the place but with pretty inconsistent answers. I am a newbie mission maker and I'm pretty much at my wit's end with my current situation.

I am looking to create a sector capture scenario, where BLUFOR (players + AI) and OPFOR (AI) vie for control of several sectors.

I want to have OPFOR and BLUFOR AI automatically move from their FOB to capture sectors. Whenever AI are killed, I wanted them to respawn at FOB then resume their attack on the sectors. For this purpose, I originally wanted to use the Spawn AI and Sector Tactics modules, however those seemed to be restricted to spawning vanilla factions, which I am not using (I am using factions from CFP.) Essentially, I want the players to just be boots on the ground in the middle of a large battle. I don't want the functionality of BLUFOR or OPFOR tied to any player. I tried syncing the Sector Tactic module straight up to AIs I added in through the editor, and it unsurprisingly threw an error.

I then tried moving to MCC, but I'm struggling with poorly documented EDEN functionality. I do not want to use anything like Zeus or the MCC in-game console. I want to configure my mission through EDEN ahead of time - it works far better for our small group.

I would sincerely appreciate any advice all of y'all can offer up, as it seems like a lot of this stuff is messily documented/logically circular/arcane magic, and my boys just want to square off with some Fedayeen in Iraq...

Hello mankar, I use Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning by dreadpirate for most of my AI. You can use for OPFOR and BLUFOR. You have a lot of ways to set them up using editor placed units to respawn and continue the fight.

For sector fights, I also use two triggers to create a victory condition, example below had BLUFOR taking 4 OPFOR sectors and holding them for 10 minutes to achieve mission success:

Trigger1:

Type: None

Activation: None

Check Repeatable

Condition: [west] call BIS_fnc_moduleSector == 4

Timer Type: Countdown

Timer values are 0

Trigger2:

Type: End #1

Activation: None

Checked Repeatable

Condition: [west] call BIS_fnc_moduleSector == 4

Timer Type: Timeout

Timer values are 600

Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, mankar-camoran said:

I originally wanted to use the Spawn AI and Sector Tactics modules, however those seemed to be restricted to spawning vanilla factions,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkujgc9vw3pxn8j/spawnAI_customGroups.VR.zip?dl=0

6 hours ago, mankar-camoran said:

I want to have OPFOR and BLUFOR AI automatically move from their FOB to capture sectors.

SpawnAI Sector Battles examples.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uw3evrf5c5yf124/example_sector_aispawn_attackdefense.VR.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/say5vgqtz7wnpuw/AI_sectorBattle.VR.zip?dl=0

• Like 2