DOA

Trigger or module not working on dedicated server in MP mission.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with my problem.

I placed an intel item, "Kosteys map case", on a table and named it intel.
I created a trigger with the condition !alive intel.
The trigger is synced to the module to set a task as succeeded.

When I play in MP from the editor on my pc it works as expected. The task is set to complete when someone picks up the intel maps item. Task1 succeeded then triggers the next task and so on.

When I put the mission on our dedicated ArmA3 server, the trigger activates when the intel is picked up, but the task state module doesn't change the task to succeeded. I think the trigger is activating when the intel is picked up on the dedicated server because I placed a hint in the triggers activation field to test if it was activating or not. The hint pops up immediately when the intel is picked up.  The trigger is synced to a set task state succeded module which is synced to the current task. Thanks. 

Edited by DOA
TYpos

Thanks Marti but the intel, task modules and everything appear to be configured properly. As I understand it, the intel object is "alive" until someone picks it up then it becomes !alive.

The intel variable name is maps01. The intel picked up trigger has a condition of !alive maps01 and a hint in the on Activation field "Intel found". When I pick up the intel the hint pops up, so I assume the trigger is firing when the intel is picked up - !alive. This trigger is synced with the set task state module to change  task01 to succeeded. 

There is another trigger waiting for task 1 to be succeeded to create the next task02. 

The hint fires when I pick up the intel but task01 is not changed to succeeded and thus no new task is created. I am still working on this and will report back if I find the problem. 
I have limited time but will return to the forums as soon as I can. 

Are your triggers set to Server Only?

• Thanks 1

Sorry, so long getting back here. No, triggers are not set to server only. The intel alive or dead works to trigger a hint or some other on activation,  but won't fire a task state change object. Strange indeed. I had to set a variable that the inetl picked up trigger sets to true. This variable is the condition of another trigger that fires the task state to change to complete and assign the next task. Strange. I got the mission completed and a couple extra triggers doesn't hurt it. Thanks for all your time and assistance. It is much appreciated. 

any change i could get a quick guide on how this was done in the end? i am encountering the exact same problem with triggers affecting the task state change modules.

i have plenty of other working tasks on the mpa, like ones that create diary entries and create new tasks, but the ones that are affecting the task state changes seems to be falling flat.