stanhope

[Discontinued] Stan's Server Monitor bot

Stan's Server Monitor Discord Bot

The API I use for this bot broke and I don't have time to find another one and implement it into the bot so this has been discontinued. 

This is a discord bot that can monitor your servers and display some information about them.  It was primarily designed for arma 3 servers but it should work for all servers.

Features

• Get a notification on discord when one of your servers is down (which you can disable between certain times)
  • Give users the ability to check some information about the server (IP & port, mission, map, server name, player count, the players that are online, ...)
  • Have different commands available to different users (typically admins & normal users)
  • Change config values on the fly
  • Log player numbers

Available commands

Spoiler

help - displays a build in help message

ping - replies pong

players - gives a list of all players online with their current score and connection time

serverdetails - gives the name of the server, the IP & port, the mission and the map

DisableDownNotify - Disables the notification for a server being down

EnableDownNotify - Enables the notification for a server being down

ReloadConfig - Reloads the config file (in case changes where made to it after the application was started)

SaveConfig - Saves the current config to the config file (in case for example enable-/disable-downnotify where run and you want to make this change persistent)

maintenance - to temporarily turn of notifications

Usage

Bellow you can find the link to a repo of executables as well as an example config.  You'll need to have a discord bot and a way to host the executable.  To get it all working put the discord bot's token into the config file, change the other values in the config file to what you prefer them to be and pass this config file as the first (and only) argument to the bot.  Once the application has started the bot should be online.  You can verify this by using the "ping" command.

Requirements

Supported operating systems

• Windows
  • Linux (most distributions, see readme)
  • MacOs

License

This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.  Full license and license text can be found on the repo that's linked below.

Bugs

Please report any bugs on the gitlab linked bellow

Planned features

• Implement all the features from the previous bot
  • Write more & better documentation

Feel free to make suggestions though (but I make no promises about putting them in, all I promise is that I'll try)

Download

-

Changelog

Spoiler

05/04/2021

(includes all changes since 3/10/20)

• Added more error handling
  • Added maintenance command (to temporarily turn off notifications for a server)
  • Tweaked player logging
  • Fixed embeds being too long sometimes

03/10/2020

• Added interactivity (if you don't specify a server when a server needs to be specified it'll ask you which server you meant instead of just stopping)

30/09/2020

• Added player numbers logging
  • Implemented do not notify between certain times about servers going down

29/09/2020

• Initial release

• Like 1

Thank you for the bot! Just took it to use, and can confirm the deployment is easy - if it was not I would've not managed. 😄

• Like 1

Been a while since I've updated it but I found some time, changes include maintenance command and better error handling.  Full changelog in the first post.

Hello, recently this bot has completely stopped working for us. It will send "Server cannot be reached"
I am a bit lost on how to resolve this as it worked seamlessly in the past. Any troubleshooting tips?

It's an issue caused by the library I use to talk to the steam API, there's nothing you can do to fix it, I have to find another library to implement into the bot but I recently started working full time so I haven't had time to do that yet. 

43 minutes ago, stanhope said:

It's an issue caused by the library I use to talk to the steam API, there's nothing you can do to fix it, I have to find another library to implement into the bot but I recently started working full time so I haven't had time to do that yet. 

Oh damn, thats a shame. Best of luck then, I appreciate the effort either way!

• Like 1