Canzandridas

Turning off sights?

In the Contact DLC there's a point where sights don't work. Is there an easy way to do the same in a mission? What I want is for sights to not have any kind of reticle. Just a piece of glass with no red dot or anything like that.

Seeing how it's been done in the DLC I would imagine that it must be easy to do. But I have no idea how and after searching for a while I can't find anything related to this. Maybe it's because of terminology IDK so if you know how or if you've seen a thread like this, please, enlighten me :D

Please this is something that has to be pretty simple... I just can't find anything about it anywhere and I really don't know enough about programming or this game's code to know what to look for

In what part of the campaign does this happen, exactly? 

27 minutes ago, Harzach said:

In what part of the campaign does this happen, exactly? 

Well, IRC it's on the third mission and can't say right now if it's on more but I could check if it's necessary.

Ahh, right. Well, the mystery is afoot. No command/function jumps out at me, and the Contact files will probably be locked behind the .ebo format for some time. Hopefully someone will come along with some insight.

They are not turning sights off. Just replacing with:

player removePrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Aco";
player addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Aco_broken";

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cysiu said:

It's been a while since I played through, is the ACO really the only optic available?

16 hours ago, Cysiu said:

Ok I'll try that and let you know if it worked 😄 If anything I suppose that it should would work for other sights... I'll have to check, but I can't right now.

Anyways there were more sights in the map I could swear... I'm not 100% sure but still, it's holographic sights and red dot sights and all that, everything that doesn't fully change your view... or to put it other way: Any sight you can still use with your night vision goggles on... For sniper optics and the like it's different and I would bet those aren't really battery powered so those should be fine anyways... but yeah, this really looks like what I'm looking for! Thanks!

On 10/3/2020 at 8:28 AM, Cysiu said:

Ok that does not work for me. Even if I don't put the ACO sight on the weapon, if I use the command to spawn the broken one it appears but it's still working perfectly fine. So it has to be something different or I'm missing something. But I know I'm using the correct item name so I don't see why this wouldn't work

8 hours ago, Canzandridas said:

Well, no. I want to use this in the normal editor. Isn't there a way of doing it without contact?

I don't think it's possible to do that scripted way 

You need to load the Contact DLC, otherwise the assets are not available, just as with any mod that adds assets.

Here is what might be a full list of "broken" equipment:

/*
NVGoggles_INDEP_broken
Rangefinder_broken
acc_esd_01_flashlight_broken
acc_pointer_IR_broken
acc_flashlight_broken
optic_Hamr_broken
optic_MRCO_broken
optic_Aco_broken
ChemicalDetector_01_watch_broken_F
*/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cysiu said:

I don't think it's possible to do that scripted way 

Well darn it. Thank you for the help anyways. I'll try to see if I manage to use it somehow... But if it has to be with contact I'm not sure I'll be able to :C

Ok, so I've tried it with contact and it works like a charm. Thank you very much! But it's a shame it has to be with contact... I don't know how this works exactly since it opens differently with that DLC on but for the moment it seems to be fine so I'll manage with this 😄