Leon Harrington

Briefing images on Rugged Tv

Hi guys i need help i am new to the mission making thing and i watched all the videos and red all the articles i could find on google about this topic but nothing works. I want to add a custom image to a rugged tv as part of my in game briefing i created a folder named img in my mission folder that is located in documents/arma3/other profiles/my name/mpmissions/my mission name and placed the image in that folder, i the used this link in the tv texture tab this setObjectTexture [0, "img\pic1.jpg"]; . I keep getting a error picture this setObjectTexture [0, "img\pic1.jpg"]; not found.

Maybe there is something missing:

_objectname setObjectTexture [0, "\img\pic1.jpg"];

the \ . Also when opening the screen at about the buttom there is a path you can use to insert the image directly. In Arma in general even if an \ is / it will not find the files. Common in programming I believe.  Other sort of issues are file formats like being a .png and not a .jpg .

8 hours ago, Leon Harrington said:

Hi guys i need help i am new to the mission making thing and i watched all the videos and red all the articles i could find on google about this topic but nothing works. I want to add a custom image to a rugged tv as part of my in game briefing i created a folder named img in my mission folder that is located in documents/arma3/other profiles/my name/mpmissions/my mission name and placed the image in that folder, i the used this link in the tv texture tab this setObjectTexture [0, "img\pic1.jpg"]; . I keep getting a error picture this setObjectTexture [0, "img\pic1.jpg"]; not found.

Is you picture in a folder named, "img"?

• Like 1

Just now, Leon Harrington said:

hi mate no the pic is named pic1

Yes, I understand that, I'm asking what folder is "pic1" inside of? 

If you are using "img\pic1.jpg" that suggest that pic1is inside a folder named, img. Is pic1 inside a folder named, img? 

4 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Maybe there is something missing:

_objectname setObjectTexture [0, "\img\pic1.jpg"];

the \ . Also when opening the screen at about the buttom there is a path you can use to insert the image directly. In Arma in general even if an \ is / it will not find the files. Common in programming I believe.  Other sort of issues are file formats like being a .png and not a .jpg .

thanks mate the objectname must i put the name of the pic there or does it stay like that.

1 minute ago, stburr91 said:

Yes, I understand that, I'm asking what folder is "pic1" inside of? 

If you are using "img\pic1.jpg" that suggest that pic1is inside a folder named, img. Is pic1 one inside a folder named, img? 

yes mate it is

yes mate it is

Double click on the rugged tv, go down to where is says, Texture#0

In the field next to Texture#0 put this in,    img\pic1.jpg 

That should work.

2 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

Double click on the rugged tv, go down to where is says, Texture#0

In the field next to Texture#0 put this in,    img\pic1.jpg 

That should work.

nope did not work mate i am so frustrated nothing wants to work

nope did not work mate i am so frustrated nothing wants to work

You need to make sure that the picture is in fact in the correct folder.

First make sure the pic is in the correct mission folder. I have accidently put my texture pic inside the wrong mission folder, so it can happen.

Next make sure all spelling is correct, and you don't have any typos. 

17 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

You need to make sure that the picture is in fact in the correct folder.

First make sure the pic is in the correct mission folder. I have accidently put my texture pic inside the wrong mission folder, so it can happen.

Next make sure all spelling is correct, and you don't have any typos. 

nope double checked everything now mate still does not work

i am definitely in the right folder because i went to scenario tab and clicked on open scenario folder and it opened the right folder so i don't know

Edit right inside the Eden Mission Editor. Do not use the MP Version.

The MP Version should just be the exported version from the Original.

thanks mate the objectname must i put the name of the pic there or does it stay like that.

Place the name of the Rugged TV and if it does not have a name you can give the TV one.

Then the code you can put in the activation field of a trigger. In the condition place true . That should work. If you do not want a trigger you can try placing this instead of the objectname if you place the code in the Rugged TVs initisalization field.

• Like 1

I don't know wats going on guys I've now taken the time and checked everything again like you guys said, but it still does not work, will someone be willing to check on team viewer please.

This works in MP and was executed via script.

[objectName,[0,"images\imageName.jpg"]] remoteExec ["setObjectTexture",0,true];

Edited by major-stiffy

On 9/29/2020 at 3:49 PM, major-stiffy said:

This works in MP and was executed via script.

[objectName,[0,"images\imageName.jpg"]] remoteExec ["setObjectTexture",0,true];

Thank you mate i am sorry to ask this but i am still learning does this [objectName,[0,"images\imageName.jpg"]] remoteExec ["setObjectTexture",0,true]; go into the rugged tv texture field or in the script and plz explain to me how the script works and what files i must make, thanks and greetings.

objectName is the variable name of the rugged tv. Example image pulled from the internet. Instead of flag_0 you would put rugged_tv.

image-25.png?ssl=1

images is a folder inside your mission folder which has the pic1.jpg. You can put the jpg in the root of your mission folder if you want and it would then look like this

[rugged_tv,[0,"pic1.jpg"]] remoteExec ["setObjectTexture",0,true];

Create a document and name it rugged_tv.sqf (NOT rugged_tv.sqf.txt) must end in sqf.

For testing purposes create another document in the root of your mission folder called init.sqf.

Add this line inside this document and save it.

[rugged_tv,[0,"pic1.jpg"]] remoteExec ["setObjectTexture",0,true];

When you play the mission the rugged_tv will show pic1.jpg on the screen of the rugged_tv if the image is sized correctly. (Start by making the image 512 x 512 pixels)

There are other ways to initiate when the image displays but this will give you a start.

If you are still stuck I will upload a sample mission for you and PM it.

On 9/30/2020 at 5:16 PM, major-stiffy said:

sorry mate was busy at work, ok so it still doesn't work i cant Fieger out wats wrong i checked everything and did everything like you said

Put the downloaded file in your My Documents\Arma 3\missions\your_saved_mission_folder or where ever your mission folder is saved.

Open the mission via the editor in virtual reality. The mission folder name is rugged_tv.VR. Once open in VR, play the mission. Study the mission file contents to see how it's done.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15BMv63JBJL6bDySirI2FfWV3QXqb9EK-?usp=sharing

OR

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al4irMhnXznajmNWRTYHzs1bsIDC?e=41Y6YM

Edited by major-stiffy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Put the downloaded file in your My Documents\Arma 3\missions\your_saved_mission_folder or where ever your mission folder is saved.

Open the mission via the editor in virtual reality. The mission folder name is rugged_tv.VR. Once open in VR, play the mission. Study the mission file contents to see how it's done.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15BMv63JBJL6bDySirI2FfWV3QXqb9EK-?usp=sharing

OR

Thanks allot mate , i deleted everything and started over i don't know where the problem was but now it works. Thank you so much

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 4:04 PM, major-stiffy said:

OR

Just a question but do u still have the script for the Rugged Tvs? Im really desperate now

9 minutes ago, Atlas_Liebt_Bier1 said:

the script

Everything you need is in stiffy's post above:

16 hours ago, Atlas_Liebt_Bier1 said:

Just a question but do u still have the script for the Rugged Tvs?

I do not.